Clowbber

Chat and player names

Chat  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a chat filter?

• Ye
    • No

For a long time LO, they talked about changing nicknames with Cyrillic letters. I understand this is delayed until the general merger of the servers? or forever?
This also applies to chat. Just tons of Cyrillic pour out there. Can you make a filter like in other online projects? That the person would see that language which he wants.
@Sakebee

Edited by Clowbber
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What do I care if it's an alphabet I can't read, or a language?

Welcome to global online gaming.

• Like 2

The old times, we had different districts per language. Now this is gone and we are left with English only districts.

If people can't respect others by typing whatever they want, I don't see a reason for people to keep district chat switched on anymore.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

The old times, we had different districts per language. Now this is gone and we are left with English only districts.

If people can't respect others by typing whatever they want, I don't see a reason for people to keep district chat switched on anymore.

The main reason is endless spam

If you're bothered by the spam, simply put the people doing that on ignore? It's that simple.

• Like 2

The black list is not rubber. On my blacklist are only those whom I consider to be a cheater or a toxic

1 hour ago, Clowbber said:

For a long time LO, they talked about changing nicknames with Cyrillic letters. I understand this is delayed until the general merger of the servers? or forever?
This also applies to chat. Just tons of Cyrillic pour out there. Can you make a filter like in other online projects? That the person would see that language which he wants.
@Sakebee

You do know people can still type foreign languages by using english characters, right?

Having Cyrillic characters just makes it more convenient for them. Not having it won't make them shut up.

Regarding the report system, all they have to do is make it so you can report by clicking on name instead of having to type it.

Edited by HawtGirl

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Nowhere is it stated that districts are now English only

35 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Regarding the report system, all they have to do is make it so you can report by clicking on name instead of having to type it.

Try this yourself and you'll see why people are complaining

Edited by heelruby

1 hour ago, heelruby said:

Nowhere is it stated that districts are now English only

That's convenient.😒

Still my point remain: They rendered district chat useless so there is absolutely no reason to pay attention to it.

They won - we lost a channel.

Edited by Saxtus

Imagine getting so triggered by a supposed cheater you put them on your block list.

Physically/mentally ignoring someone is better.

6 hours ago, Clowbber said:

@Sakebee

I'd love that ~

• Like 2

When I'm in action districts I turn off all the chat when I play unless I need to ask something so I don't have this problem but neither would I have any problem to have the chat enabled while people is typing in french, russian, german, spanish, chinesse, portuguesse, arabic, mexican, esperanto or whatever they want...

One tries not to come across as racist but yeah when every line in district chat is in not only a language you don't understand but every letter is completely foreign, It does seem a bit like same and it feels like I'm the outsider.

But it is just sometimes the time of day with time zones, Europe is too multicultural with multiple languages for just 1 channel.

• Like 1

i love that people think forcing english only will cut down the “spam”

does anyone really think the things being said in other languages are different from what’s being said in english?

the only difference limiting foreign languages will bring is more people typing in broken english, i consider that far more irritating than a language my brain doesn’t  understand any of

I do not want to come off as racist either, in NA its all Latin lettering. And on occasion thru out the day the Spanish people will chat. This is distracting to me because of my small 15' laptop screen. I realize the Spanish speaking people have just as much a right to be on chat as I do.  It is no more or less distracting than an English speaker spamming for weapon trades or buys in Mission district.

Seems it would pretty hard to report a player who had a name that was not Latin characters, outside of the scoreboard. and or block, ect.

Need a new kind of software, maybe instead of omitting other languages it could translate them. 

Why not just add channels? Like in most other MMOs, we can have an English only channel and Russian, if needed, as well as other major languages. There would be no Cyrillic allowed in the English channel etc. And obviously the player names would be in Latin.

51 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

Why not just add channels? Like in most other MMOs, we can have an English only channel and Russian, if needed, as well as other major languages. There would be no Cyrillic allowed in the English channel etc. And obviously the player names would be in Latin.

The playerbase isn't big enough even if it is divided to just Russians and then everyone else let alone more languages. 

5 hours ago, trashpanda said:

Yeah and that way we add more work for moderators to enforce yet another rule that no one needs and no one will follow, in a small community with 200 to 500 players where anyone using a different language in the incorrect channel would get a warning while also de devs would have to focus on an useless chat function which its contribution to the game is zero.

8 hours ago, Clowbber said:

@Sakebee do you own any information?

Hey Clowbber,

Thanks for the post! We are currently focusing our energy on the Engine Upgrade as per our blog. I can't promise that we will have the bandwidth to address it anytime soon, but we are aware of the issue.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:03 PM, Nainakai said:

If you're bothered by the spam, simply put the people doing that on ignore? It's that simple.

Ignore list isn't infinite. In fact it's actually pretty modest.

Damn, I voted no because I didnt read for what the chat filter was.
+1 for yes!

On 1/23/2020 at 1:03 PM, Nainakai said:

tried that, filled it way too fast

People want segregation no matter what.

This community alienates itself from any sort of weird stuff instead of embracing it and living all together happily 

It's not the bugs or the cheaters or the performance that's ruining this game

It's the community that was built around this game and it makes me sick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ellix said:

People want segregation no matter what.

This community alienates itself from any sort of weird stuff instead of embracing it and living all together happily 

It's not the bugs or the cheaters or the performance that's ruining this game

It's the community that was built around this game and it makes me sick.

Yeah. It is kinda late to start being picky about languages when there is barely any playerbase left not to mention the russians are probably taking the bigger part of it.