N66

APBR 2020 Road Map

Opinions?

I got 3 comments on this..

- Don't touch the cars pls........ you'll ruin our fun, the only thing we ever wanted regarding cars was more speed if possible, and certainly more variety.

- This isn't a road map, I support LO but this had no effort put into it, what sort of road map doesn't mention order of events and when to expect them, or any events for the matter, balance was last year's news which people were hoping you would abandon, engine upgrade is being delayed forever it's not a new event, and there is no mention of a date..

- Thank you, for postponing work on events, those feel like a chore to play, and I think other areas of the game are a priority.

I understand you're probably hesitant to make promises, but it'd be better to wait and give news when you can confirm it.

- If the engine is still far from done, can we get those contacts and you make some other contacts along with some other unlockables for the future? no? kthxbye

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, N66 said:

Don't touch the cars pls

2 minutes ago, N66 said:

the only thing we ever wanted regarding cars was more speed if possible, and certainly more variety.

seems pretty contradictory 

• Like 8

A roadmap without ETA or time frame is not a roadmap, last year roadmap was more consistent. Also they did not mention anything about the server consolidation...

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

seems pretty contradictory 

I took his statement to be along the lines of he doesn't want vehicles being reworked like some of the weapons have in their balance passes. Which is an opinion I would share. All that vehicles need is to have their health values and speeds normalized, as these two things are what determine whether or not a vehicle is usable in actual gameplay.

• Like 1

• Modifying the Bounty system to keep you from getting "Heat 5" in missions

Meh. I know some people dislike this mechanic, but it's there for challenging players who perform excessively well in a mission. It's one of the remaining mechanics that remind you of the open world, open conflict nature that the game tried to create.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Meh. I know some people dislike this mechanic, but it's there for challenging players who perform excessively well in a mission. It's one of the remaining mechanics that remind you of the open world, open conflict nature that the game tried to create.

I love this feature. I really do not want to be cleaned or changed

... what happened to posting news in social district?

At least crosspost them, please. It's the most populated subforum and many people don't even look at any of the others. It has always been this way :(

Edited by GhosT
auto-emoji bypass

21 hours ago, N66 said:

Opinions?

I got 3 comments on this..

- Don't touch the cars pls

I'm with you on this , Dont touch cars ~

and bring back the features that the ammo box used to have , its totally ruined after this nerf ~

37 minutes ago, FluffyCat said:

I'm with you on this , Dont touch cars ~

and bring back the features that the ammo box used to have , its totally ruined after this nerf ~

What was nerfed on it? Just recently decided to start playing again.

3 minutes ago, Nivo said:

What was nerfed on it? Just recently decided to start playing again.

yOu cant change your guns using the ammo box and  it doesnt resuply you full mag and resuply only 1 nade ~

Just now, FluffyCat said:

yOu cant change your guns using the ammo box and  it doesnt resuply you full mag and resuply only 1 nade ~

it still resupplies all ammo completely, explosives are the only things limited 

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

it still resupplies all ammo completely, explosives are the only things limited 

oKi 😮 i didn't know that cause i only use them for the explosive , but also the nades , it always stuck in resuplying 1 nade ~

6 minutes ago, FluffyCat said:

yOu cant change your guns using the ammo box

so this is why it feels so useless now. I thought I just have remember  it wrong.

regarding the cars, I think they need change. There are only 2 usable ones. 

However I don't think more speed is what is needed.

Edited by HawtGirl

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

so this is why it feels so useless now. I thought I just have remember  it wrong.

regarding the cars, I think they need change. There are only 2 usable ones. 

However I don't think more speed is what is needed.

Yes , now u need to use your car to resupply and if u r in a close range area ofc u cant bring ur car inside so basically u gonna be screwed v.v 

iMiss the old ammo box , idk why they nerfed it , it didnt hurt anyone ~

22 hours ago, N66 said:

- This isn't a road map, I support LO but this had no effort put into it, what sort of road map doesn't mention order of events and when to expect them, or any events for the matter, balance was last year's news which people were hoping you would abandon, engine upgrade is being delayed forever it's not a new event, and there is no mention of a date..

Is what I thought when I read the entire blog post.

There isn't really any news that we didn't know already other devs are nor 100% committed to the Engine now.

One criticism we’ve heard from the community is that you’d like to see our engineers’ talents focused on things like our Engine Upgrade and gameplay improvements. We’ve been listening...

This part made me feel a bit insulted of all things!

GamersFirst put up a poll asking the community what we considered the priorities should be with APB back in like 2016 / 2017... After waiting SO LONG for the engine upgrade with very vocal displeasure over it...

IS THIS ANY SURPRISE?!!!

Is this criticism only just being picked up now?

Is this meant to be reassurance?

It a criticism that has gone on for half a decade, What are you only listening now as a new year's resolution?!

I realise it was meant to come from a genuinely open and transparent place of acknowledgement. But sometimes in customer service, it is actually detrimental to state the obvious if the complaint is still not going to be resolved any time soon.

I know LO isn't dragging their heels but it feels like it is after so long

Thank you for all the hard work you've done so far but... JESUS CHRIST IT'S LIKE BREXIT... 

Sorry I shouldn't bring politics into this but regardless of your view, How sh-t are we having delays upon delays on something already delayed! 

It's painful waiting year are year, please just get it over done with.

F-CK! 😣

32 minutes ago, FluffyCat said:

Yes , now u need to use your car to resupply and if u r in a close range area ofc u cant bring ur car inside so basically u gonna be screwed v.v 

iMiss the old ammo box , idk why they nerfed it , it didnt hurt anyone ~

That was the problem with it.  It allowed for a constant unholy rain of nade spam from defending teams who were set up in already easy to defend places.  Or you could use the orange ammo box, that one still resupplies nades.

Vehicles do really need a rebalance, just don't touch the 4x4's handling and please give the poor Moirai its AWD back.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

With "phasing" districts or whatever the hell it is the new bounty system might fit better.

"Roadmap" where's there's a road somewhere there's a massive pile up.

6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Mmm. I agree. It can be quite annoying sometimes but to remove it would be a far bigger negative. Sometimes you need a bit of jank that fits with the game even if it cause cause frustration from time to time.

Cars just need the lower tiers slightly tweaked to bring them more in line with the high end, but to mess with them before getting player feedback on the upcoming emp grenades would be shortsighted.

The n5/p5 system is fine imo, but could potentially use a tweak in how points are gained/lost.

9 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

the game tried to create.

Tried and failed.

Im quite over having missions ruined because some knob outside my mission got to stomp some noobs... which for some reason now gives them the ability to ruin my fun.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:17 PM, N66 said:

- Don't touch the cars pls........ you'll ruin our fun, the only thing we ever wanted regarding cars was more speed if possible, and certainly more variety.

I do agree I'm nervous about them touching cars because one overdone adjustment could ruin a car. But, I personally think the meta of 1,600 HP tank Pioneer/Espacio and the rocket accel 1,350 HP 4x4 gets a bit boring and stifles any sort of variety in what you can choose to drive if you want to actually win... (nor should only nerf wars be waged against any good vehicle, careful balance is needed, just like with weapons)

10 hours ago, GhosT said:

... what happened to posting news in social district?

At least crosspost them, please. It's the most populated subforum and many people don't even look at any of the others. It has always been this way 😞

they got a new community manager or wahtever and i guess theyr new idk

i dont even know if they ever fucking merged the ntec changes or whatever  happened with that lmao

they are really stupid when it comes to the forums, theyll post updates and shit with little notice.

fuck it took them 3 months to start posting when theyre doing maintenance on this forum after a bunch of people were like 'can u post this on a forum people actually look at'

6 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

That was the problem with it.  It allowed for a constant unholy rain of nade spam from defending teams who were set up in already easy to defend places.  Or you could use the orange ammo box, that one still resupplies nades.

Vehicles do really need a rebalance, just don't touch the 4x4's handling and please give the poor Moirai its AWD back.

whats the orange ammo box 😮

and at least let us change gun  using it if not resupplying much 

3 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

whats the orange ammo box 😮

and at least let us change gun  using it if not resupplying much 

The non-deployable ammo box, its an orange mod that you unlock from doing the tutorial.  You only keep it out for like 30 seconds I think, and it has a 2 minute cooldown.  The deployable one pretty much made the old orange one useless, but the nerf to the deployable version makes the old one viable again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

The non-deployable ammo box, its an orange mod that you unlock from doing the tutorial.  You only keep it out for like 30 seconds I think, and it has a 2 minute cooldown.  The deployable one pretty much made the old orange one useless, but the nerf to the deployable version makes the old one viable again.

oki ^.^