TheMessiah

so it's finally (not) coming..

13 hours ago, Hey! said:

Jeez.  2 years ago I remember when LO took over this game and said the Engine Upgrade was around the corner and they even had screen shots to post.  Wonder if it was just a con to milk what was left by this G1 shadow company and totally mismanaged, but amazingly awesome great game.

It's 2 years already?!

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Star Citizen... the meme of all memes.

I'm pretty sure APBs "Q1 2014" meme rivals it tho. :^) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

topics like this one not bringing much positivity indeed..last one i make about 3.5

No, please do. 

Seems like there hasn't been enough of a reminder if it is still not done for so long. 

1 hour ago, Fasalina said:

I'm pretty sure APBs "Q1 2014" meme rivals it tho. :^) 

I dunno, $261,000,000 for a game thats been in alpha for over 5 years is pretty memetastic.

6 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

No, please do. 

Seems like there hasn't been enough of a reminder if it is still not done for so long. 

You... You think they forgot about it?

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You... You think they forgot about it?

Not really but removing the pressure will allow them to become sloppier. 

I know working under pressure is unhealthy but come on man: 6 years. It is about time something to happen. 

One could have made a full new game for this time.

Edited by HawtGirl

4 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Not really but removing the pressure will allow them to become sloppier. 

I know working under pressure is unhealthy but come on man: 6 years. It is about time something to happen. 

One could have made a full new game for this time.

You do understand this is a new group of people, right? Who have been working on the game less than 2 years?

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You do understand this is a new group of people, right? Who have been working on the game less than 2 years?

Yes but that doesn't changes the facts. What happens if LO gives up and sells the game to someone else? Everything starts all over again.

Also the stuff that has been shown so far was also shown few years ago too.

I am just hoping that the game optimization would be the last problem to solve before the actual release.

4 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Yes but that doesn't changes the facts.

It does not.

But these are the facts:

Company A made promises they could never keep.

Company A milked the game instead of developing it, and ran the game into the ground.

The game should have been abandoned.

Company B sees potential and buys the game.

Company B finds out the engine needs far more work than advertised.

Players blame Company B for stuff Company A did.

Aside from that, LO is working as hard as possible on the engine. They need it to be completed for the game to even hope of generating a profit, which it certainly isn't doing now.

I guess keep complaining if that's your thing, but it will have no effect other than discouraging them from giving it their all.

Up to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It does not.

But these are the facts:

Company A made promises they could never keep.

Company A milked the game instead of developing it, and ran the game into the ground.

The game should have been abandoned.

Company B sees potential and buys the game.

Company B finds out the engine needs far more work than advertised.

Players blame Company B for stuff Company A did.

Aside from that, LO is working as hard as possible on the engine. They need it to be completed for the game to even hope of generating a profit, which it certainly isn't doing now.

I guess keep complaining if that's your thing, but it will have no effect other than discouraging them from giving it their all.

Up to you.

I only believe stuff when I see it. There is no such thing as complaining just for the sake of it.

The things seems promising now but so did back in 2014 with G1 being confident with the engine update. 

I am just saying the history is repeating itself so far until the engine update finally hist live (how good it will be is another question).

Edited by HawtGirl

58 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I only believe stuff when I see it. There is no such thing as complaining just for the sake of it.

The things seems promising now but so did back in 2014 with G1 being confident with the engine update. 

I am just saying the history is repeating itself so far until the engine update finally hist live (how good it will be is another question).

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree. 

I'll continue to encourage them, you are free to complain. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

You know what else will also increase..dethreaters. How exciting!

Dethreaters are way better than the real golds who we are all facing nowadays , I have many friends who decided to quit the game because of them plus the dethreaters are  basically high silvers or low golds so basically others can face them but the real golds are impossible to go against , and all im saying that bring back the threats as a temp solution till they figure out a new matchmaking system to solve the problem once and for all obviuosly ^.^

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree. 

I'll continue to encourage them, you are free to complain. 

Hey it is not like I have been sitting here waiting for it to come. I just came back because felt like wanting to play again but it is just embarrassing and a meme at this point not having it in the game already.

Also I am not complaining. I am just pointing out the engine update is still not a reality yet.

I actually admire Matt's dedication and I am really hoping he and his team to be the ones to finally do it.

Without  new content as APB mechanic needs (contact, maps, item) population will be slowly decreasing,

and not for lack of new player,

but for lack of veterans.

(veterans usually are friendly and take care of team, they are the glue of every game)

Well it at least seems like they're making good progress. Would love to have some kind of an actual ETA by now but I get things like this take time. I'm just hoping that it's not to late by the time the EU does happen, the game pop just keeps going down more an more and people are definitely starting to give up. I believe in LO though they will get it done we just gatta hold out a little bit longer lol it's been what 6 years now? I think we can wait a little longer..

3 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

Dethreaters are way better than the real golds who we are all facing nowadays , I have many friends who decided to quit the game because of them plus the dethreaters are  basically high silvers or low golds so basically others can face them but the real golds are impossible to go against , and all im saying that bring back the threats as a temp solution till they figure out a new matchmaking system to solve the problem once and for all obviuosly ^.^

Joined May 2015, you should be a solid gold player by now. Instead you play on bronze districts and you are probably one of dethreaters who are ruining other players missions and also spook new players away.

It's ok, you are going to get your bronze districts back, they were temporarily removed

3 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

Lol this guy still thinks changing matchmaking system will make a difference with such low pop.

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

Joined May 2015, you should be a solid gold player by now. Instead you play on bronze districts and you are probably one of dethreaters who are ruining other players missions and also spook new players away.

It's ok, you are going to get your bronze districts back, they were temporarily removed

Yes i joined 2015 and i play the game on and off , i got only 1 max rank character , and im a solid silver , dont assume things u know nothing about ,  going against threat districts would only mean that u actually like  the no threat district system that is going on now , so  you are a solid gold ? cause the only people who are really able to play  are the solid golds right now , or whats your point m what do you wanna say ? 

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Lol this guy still thinks changing matchmaking system will make a difference with such low pop.

I'm not a guy and yes it would make a difference when high skills go against each other and low skills go against each other , it should make a difference , as i said before many players quit the game cause they are not able to play it because they have to face higher skills most of the time which ruin the fun for them , nothing fun to go die only in every mission  right ? so when they have a chance  for a fair match , alot of them will come back to the game and the new players will stay and play more 

Edited by FluffyCat
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FluffyCat said:

cause the only people who are really able to play  are the solid golds right now

golds can't really play atm either, waiting 30 minutes for each mission or repeatedly getting a bunch of lowbies that don't even know how to jump isnt exactly the optimal apb experience

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Up to you.

The snarkiness is deserved. They promised the moon and have not delivered.  That said, if they can manage to pull it off  it will revive some semblance of the game I have no doubt at all.  Even leaving and playing other games, there's nothing quite like APB... it's a gem... a literal diamond in the rough.  With a little love and resuscitation... and sadly, for 2 years we've seen none of it... no moderation within the game at all... but with some attention and love... the game will prosper.  But I agree w/o the engine upgrade, they probably can't do the things needed to save it from it's broken and easily exploited code.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 2:37 PM, HighSociety said:

Maybe even the biggest ripp-off ever in Gaming... Star Citizen... will come before we get that engine 😂

That game is a pyramid scheme, lmao.

20 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I just all my hopes, Even if they deliver the New engine, I don't think it's going to revive this game.

By itself, the Engine upgrade may be a letdown for many.

I think the benefit of the Engine upgrade is to more quickly and easily make new content across all platforms, that is what may revive this great game

I truly hope there is new content and contacts released at EU launch or we may see the game die simply because many expect too much and will be disappointed 

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

golds can't really play atm either, waiting 30 minutes for each mission or repeatedly getting a bunch of lowbies that don't even know how to jump isnt exactly the optimal apb experience

yesterday , me being silver , still would take 5 to 10 minutes to get a match at times.   its a mess right now.

i feel bad for the golds forced to sit around. some waited longer than 30 yesterday and were just socializing in between matches.

32 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

By itself, the Engine upgrade may be a letdown for many.

I think the benefit of the Engine upgrade is to more quickly and easily make new content across all platforms, that is what may revive this great game

I truly hope there is new content and contacts released at EU launch or we may see the game die simply because many expect too much and will be disappointed 

dont forget the engine upgrade will not fix anything directly , but will give us the means to have a foundation to finally fix things , and of course new content like you mentioned

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

yesterday , me being silver , still would take 5 to 10 minutes to get a match at times.   its a mess right now.

i feel bad for the golds forced to sit around. some waited longer than 30 yesterday and were just socializing in between matches.

dont forget the engine upgrade will not fix anything directly , but will give us the means to have a foundation to finally fix things , and of course new content like you mentioned

yes

On 1/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, CookiePuss said:

You should not.

Seems someone makes a thread like this every couple weeks.

Someones gotta take up my legacy but it seems noone is worthy. Ah well~