TheMessiah

so it's finally (not) coming..

I just read the last engine upgrade news and yea looks like things are far from public test.I was hoping we start this new year with that test but unfortunately not gonna happen.Too many things to be done..i guess not sooner than spring.The big question right now is what the hell LO can do about this slowly but surely /pop decreasing.I mean i log like 2 days ago and /pop was less than 500 players and was weekend.Like i dont know..any plans whats next?I doubt valentine event will bring more players.Im just worried for the game thats all..

edit:(26.01.)Ok the last engine upgrade news like 21 hours ago seems way better.At least my excitement is back.Thank you for explaining what was going on all this months.Keep the good work LO 👍

edit:(04.02.)Last update 2-3 days ago is also nice.So after fixing this issue the game runs close to live?The public test is not far?We wait for this xbox fixes(memory etc)only now?Just some questions i have..

side note:I knew that consoles gonna slow the entire game and i told G1 about that back in 2013.How they must focus only on PC upgrade and when the game become more successful and the company get more staff and money - eventually making console versions.Otherwise they gonna sink in this 3 times more work and meanwhile the main game gonna die.But nobody to listen.Anyway too late going back now..we must look to the future

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 6

"looks like" you mean that you have no clue just like the rest of us

• Like 3

Don't feel any itch to join APB anymore... i don't have what to play (no games on my pc) and i don't feel need to join APB ... usually when i don't have what to play i start to nolife APB, But not this year ... sad

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

.Im just worried for the game thats all..

I Totally agree with you. You have out done me though on cramming numerous issues into one roughly punctuated paragraph 🧐

Should I be surprised

Edited by moxxichixx

22 minutes ago, moxxichixx said:

Should I be surprised

You should not.

Seems someone makes a thread like this every couple weeks.

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Just wait for q2 in 2014... the EUpgrade will come!

like this comment if you are reading this in 2020

oNe of the big reasons is removing the threats on districts , if they bring it back untill engine upgrade i think the pop will increase again a little bit ~

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Seems someone makes a thread like this every couple weeks.

... for the past 6 years, right?

I don't think that we need more threads questioning LO about the EU at this point. I am on the basis of "it comes when it comes" and I think that that's the healthiest mindset on the topic.

• Like 2

who would have thought that game development was complicated and unpredictable 

shocking really 

What will come first? Cyberpunk 2077 or Engine Update 2020?

Jeez.  2 years ago I remember when LO took over this game and said the Engine Upgrade was around the corner and they even had screen shots to post.  Wonder if it was just a con to milk what was left by this G1 shadow company and totally mismanaged, but amazingly awesome great game.

Edited by Hey!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ellix said:

Cyberpunk, Witcher 3 also got delay.

2 hours ago, Ellix said:

Maybe even the biggest ripp-off ever in Gaming... Star Citizen... will come before we get that engine 😂

Edited by HighSociety

12 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

I just read the last engine upgrade news and yea looks like things are far from public test.I was hoping we start this new year with that test but unfortunately not gonna happen.Too many things to be done..i guess not sooner than spring.The big question right now is what the hell LO can do about this slowly but surely /pop decreasing.I mean i log like 2 days ago and /pop was less than 500 players and was weekend.Like i dont know..any plans whats next?I doubt valentine event will bring more players.Im just worried for the game thats all..

Well...I got excited too with the arrival of LO and how they were talking about the Engine Upgrade. I was really hoping to try the new version by the end of 2019 and instead we are still here at the beginning of 2020 to see only screenshots.

Unfortunately from what I know they have a pretty small dev team and the way the APB code is made I would have already got my hands in my hair.

Even if honestly at this point I have the doubt, wasn't it better to recreate the game directly on Unreal Engine 4 instead of transferring everything and fixing it? In my opinion, it would have been easier without having the problems they currently have with version 3.5.

I've had enough and now I'm playing something else, but I'm following all the developments. I'm worried that if I see the current slice of players (one of the lowest in APB's history) I'll die a lot faster than I expected.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

... for the past 6 years, right?

Sadly, yes.

5 hours ago, Tumblez said:

Well they're obviously not too worried about our concerns. APB is pretty much a joke right now. 

Depends... what are "our" concerns?

1 hour ago, Kast2 said:

we are still here at the beginning of 2020 to see only screenshots

wym there's video too

1 hour ago, Kast2 said:

wasn't it better to recreate the game directly on Unreal Engine 4 instead of transferring everything and fixing it?

No. That would take several more years to do.

13 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

I just all my hopes, Even if they deliver the New engine, I don't think it's going to revive this game.

Guest Zilsux

I've only worked with Blender and Unity for like a year or so, and didn't even code games, just made assets and models for other people, and yet, for the small info I've seen both on streams and forums about how APB was made and how it works in regards with textures, modeling, etc, It is basically hell. A literal Cluster fuck. Not even with a AAA team i would had taken this as a project. I'm even surprised LO has been working on it 2 years and have gotten so far. For me, this is like a suicide mission. Yet I'm still hopeful, I've never seen anyone take such a task so I want to see how this turns out.

That moment when you realise, Star Citizen will probably release earlier then the EU. 

11 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

That moment when you realise, Star Citizen will probably release earlier then the EU. 

Star Citizen... the meme of all memes.

12 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

oNe of the big reasons is removing the threats on districts , if they bring it back untill engine upgrade i think the pop will increase again a little bit ~

You know what else will also increase..dethreaters. How exciting!

11 hours ago, Hey! said:

Jeez.  2 years ago I remember when LO took over this game and said the Engine Upgrade was around the corner and they even had screen shots to post. 

Yeah i remember they stated in couple months the engine upgrade will be released. In one and a half months it's going to be 2 years since Little Orbit acquired GamersFirst. I understand this things take a lot of time, but this is just disappointing