Paaz1

Joker Tickets

It would appear that the FC rewards have decreased drastically. From 500 to something like 200.

And the gold rewards are very disproportionate to the silver rewards. I have to keep on top of it constantly for a a meager 200 JT vs 150 for silver rewards?

That's hardly an incentive.  It appears we've been given more ways to earn JT, but at the same time the earnings are drastically reduced.

So, we're worse off after all.

What gives?

• Like 1

Those were lowered when the daily activities were added to the contacts a few years ago.

The 200 you get for gold are seperate from the 50 and 150, so it is worth the extra work if you're going for JT's.

LO has also added small JT amounts to the random rewards pool for missions as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Those were lowered when the daily activities were added to the contacts a few years ago.

The 200 you get for gold are seperate from the 50 and 150, so it is worth the extra work if you're going for JT's.

LO has also added small JT amounts to the random rewards pool for missions as well.

Ok, but still, the gold rewards are still disproportionate to the silver. I get 150 for completing silver activities, but literally have to grind constantly for 200 tickets. 

I'm suggesting the grind for gold activities is worth more than that 200 JT

Merged.

I'll add that if the silver rewards we're reduced then it would at least make sense for the gold to sit at 200.

As of now, it doesnt make sense

53 minutes ago, Paaz1 said:

Ok, but still, the gold rewards are still disproportionate to the silver. I get 150 for completing silver activities, but literally have to grind constantly for 200 tickets. 

Umm... you know they are cumulative, right? I would agree with you if you only got the gold prize but if eligible you also get bronze and silver prizes so 50 +150 + 200 = 400JT in total.

If you ask me doubling your reward (200 vs 400) is a pretty significant difference.

1 hour ago, Paaz1 said:

iVote for that 

joker ticket rewards have to be treated very carefully, with permanent weapons now available in the joker store every joker ticket directly effects little orbits bottom line 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Solamente said:

joker ticket rewards have to be treated very carefully, with permanent weapons now available in the joker store every joker ticket directly effects little orbits bottom line 

Char bound weapons that you can't even sell... unlike the joker box weapons. 

36 minutes ago, Solamente said:

I think we have some leeway.

As it stands to unlock every weapon in the Joker store (currently 80+ listed iirc) would take you well past 2030. (CBA to add all the Joker Ticket prices for 80+ weapons)

Edited by CookiePuss

I don't think you're supposed to go and buy them all, just as you probably wouldn't go buying every single item on Armas. It is a valid way of letting people get formerly premium gear for just playing now and I don't think they should just be giving stuff away.

Besides you can earn upwards of 1150JT (400+400+7*50) every week if you play fight club and do daily tasks from mission district contacts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Char bound weapons that you can't even sell... unlike the joker box weapons. 

joker boxes are different (and i’d assume the most profitable items on armas) due to the gambling mechanics, since for every player that buys a legendary through the ingame mp another player had to buy at least 5$ of g1c

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think we have some leeway.

As it stands to unlock every weapon in the Joker store (currently 80+ listed iirc) would take you well past 2030. (CBA to add all the Joker Ticket prices for 80+ weapons)

i doubt the intent was ever to allow players to rack up the entire joker store inventory, although (and i doubt the devs thought this far) the ability to do so will inevitably encourage some people to try, since apb is all about the grind

there is wiggle room but i think almost doubling potential fc rewards is a bit much, especially considering the mission jt reward system has yet to be fine tuned and in the future more activities game modes could be added

imo it’s less frustrating to deal with a slightly slow accumulation now than it will be to potentially have max earnings taken away in the future

3 hours ago, PatrickBatemann said:

I don't think you're supposed to go and buy them all, just as you probably wouldn't go buying every single item on Armas. It is a valid way of letting people get formerly premium gear for just playing now and I don't think they should just be giving stuff away.

Besides you can earn upwards of 1150JT (400+400+7*50) every week if you play fight club and do daily tasks from mission district contacts.

^This

5 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

FREE Char bound weapons that you can't even sell... unlike the joker box weapons which cost real money. 

FTFY

5 hours ago, PatrickBatemann said:

I don't think you're supposed to go and buy them all, just as you probably wouldn't go buying every single item on Armas

Collectors do...... its a thing even here on APB

With that said I hope we can do something about storage so we can have them all plus organize them

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Doesn't matter if the weapon is already available as rental anyway. It only affects those that aren't. 

13 hours ago, PatrickBatemann said:

just as you probably wouldn't go buying every single item on Armas

d23224c3f2679ca4e9e1a0d8794d9306.gif

10 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Doesn't matter if the weapon is already available as rental anyway. It only affects those that aren't. 

Some people dislike the relatively minor hassle of renting so much, that they are willing to pay or grind their way to permanent versions. I'm not a collector, but the guns I do want to play I want to have as permanent versions.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

d23224c3f2679ca4e9e1a0d8794d9306.gif

I commend your reaction-gif'ing. This one was spot on.

9 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Some people dislike the relatively minor hassle of renting so much, that they are willing to pay or grind their way to permanent versions. I'm not a collector, but the guns I do want to play I want to have as permanent versions.

If you really need perm gun so badly it seems like a better option just to buy it with money than grinding for months considering some aren't even that expensive and you can still get another one with the jts. You will never be able to buy everything just with jt anyway.

Even buying a legendary may take less grind if you aren't aiming for the most popular ones. 

17 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

If you really need perm gun so badly it seems like a better option just to buy it with money than grinding for months considering some aren't even that expensive and you can still get another one with the jts. You will never be able to buy everything just with jt anyway.

Even buying a legendary may take less grind if you aren't aiming for the most popular ones. 

I agree, buying is much easier than a long grind. But the point is that the long grind is a free alternative to buying, so it could have a negative bottom-line effect for LO. And the larger the in-game Joker ticket rewards are, the bigger the negative bottom-line effect would be. On the other hand, this does not factor in the potential increase in population (I am being very theoretical here) because of the Joker ticket rewards, which could lead to bigger ARMAS sales.

Edited by AsgerLund

3 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I agree, buying is much easier than a long grind. But the point is that the long grind is a free alternative to buying, so it could have a negative bottom-line effect on LO. And the larger the in-game Joker ticket rewards are, the bigger the negative bottom-line effect would be. On the other hand, this does not factor in the potential increase in population (I am being very theoretical here) because of the Joker ticket rewards, which could lead to bigger ARMAS sales.

I mean, I really doubt their main income comes from selling the stock weapons anyway so imo it won't really affect them that much even if some of the guns have lower jt price for example.

9 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

iWish if they would make better way to get joker tickets , cause many  of us hate fight club ~ plus the daily ones are not really enough

I think RIOT mode was meant to be that better way but yeah... poor RIOT mode.

Although they did add in earning 1-5 JTs completing Missions but really compared to the 3000-10,000 JT costs of things, it's not a great deal.

I definitely think they should increase the JT rewards for the dailies or introduce new ones and increase the amount we can do per day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I mean, I really doubt their main income comes from selling the stock weapons anyway so imo it won't really affect them that much even if some of the guns have lower jt price for example.

Once again I agree. I think the bottom line effect of adjusting the size of Joker ticket awards is very slim, especially because of the tiny population. I was just taking a stroll down the magnificent Path of Principle.

17 hours ago, PatrickBatemann said:

just as you probably wouldn't go buying every single item on Armas

*cries in full weapon locker*

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

FTFY

Collectors do...... its a thing even here on APB

With that said I hope we can do something about storage so we can have them all plus organize them

Well cool, nothing wrong about that, But if you really are a serious collector you probably like APB and are a long time player. Therefore I really think it won't hurt you to go and buy some of those identical items on Armas and support the game or if you really don't want to do that then I'm sure you'll get those eventually through grinding too.

It seems like people forget they didn't pay a dime to download and play this game (unless they bought the original release) and I don't shame people who haven't bought premium gear: that's the whole idea of a F2P game. But when some premium gear is made available for free through gameplay and then to complain that it isn't obtainable fast enough sounds quite entitled imho.

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

On the other hand, this does not factor in the potential increase in population (I am being very theoretical here) because of the Joker ticket rewards, which could lead to bigger ARMAS sales.

Population-wise and especially concerning new players, giving them the best weapon in the game (what that would be is up to anybody's interpretation) wouldn't still solve the reason why most of them quit forever after 2-3 hours of gameplay.

12 minutes ago, PatrickBatemann said:

Population-wise and especially concerning new players, giving them the best weapon in the game (what that would be is up to anybody's interpretation) wouldn't still solve the reason why most of them quit forever after 2-3 hours of gameplay.

I agree, APB is a horrible experience for most new players. But I'm not sure how that's related to the very theoretical point I made.

9 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I agree, APB is a horrible experience for most new players. But I'm not sure how that's related to the very theoretical point I made.

It relates to it like this that I agree with your theoretical point. Giving formely premium items away for free and lowering the bar to obtain them so low that almost anybody can get them with little to no effort will not benefit LO. It is still a business not a charity.

I just wanted to express my opinion that the theoretical benefits wouldn't probably justify the theoretical damage.