Farbon Ciber

Best weapon for someone just starting out?

the best weapons from armas would be a 3slot pmg/ntec/obeya/hvr but someone just starting out probably won’t get much use out of them immmediately, unless they invest the time to “master” them

the exception is probably the pmg - it’s just pure m1 ez out to about 40m, and it’s available in the ‘dress to kill’ bundles on armas

character bound only atm

Edited by Solamente
typo

The star is one of the more easier weapons to use tbh but unfortunately new players won't realize that until they have played the game for a lot.

In my early days I found obir to be pretty easy to get into (or maybe it was the obeya i don't remember well)

For close range nfas and pmg maybe

• Thanks 1

atac is still pretty much easymode

it's pretty versatile but gets outperformed by a bunch of weapons in their intended ranges though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Would be even better if part of a pack

Any thoughts?

star is a very decent gun and its the starter gun.  tap firing the star instead of just holding down the fire button will make it  function better as well

The STAR is the new player's stock standard weapon as it teaches you to make every bullet count as it's not the fastest fire rate, but that slowed down fire rate also can be helpful in making sure you have the time to land those shots properly.

The Ntec is the game's base line standard.

It's jack of all trade, master of none. Capable in most situations but not over powered.

Overall it is a good starting point as from there you can get a feel of most other guns.

If you want to play for fun and have a good time then maybe a use a SMG or Atac but don't go calling yourself a good player so quickly, these guns are forgiving in nature towards their user.

If you want to become a good player then I'd suggest getting your hands on Joker Carbine and practice tap firing, Knowing how to control your tap firing is a very beneficial habit to have with most guns, including some fully automatic guns.

I personally wouldn't suggest using a HVR when starting out due to it's accuracy and range, it can be detrimental at close range if you are not comfortable with quick reactionary movement. Jump sniping is cheesey but one cannot deny that it works in close quarters. But you need to be able to do multiple actions at once very quickly and you need to have a good aim.

-edit-

I should also say that you should try and experiment with different gun mods, It's hard to get a feel of the pros and cons. Check the description and if you're not sure what something means then don't be afraid to ask.

Edited by VickyFox

ATAC.

Its a mouse 1 weapon that isn't terrible vs a lot of the weapons a new player will face.

APB has an abysmal new player retention rate, why new players aren't given a fun and easy gun right at the start is beyond me.

"Welcome to the game. Not only are you going to be fighting players with thousands of hours, but you have to use a gun that at worst is useless if not used right, and at best is meh if used perfectly."

-APB: Reloaded

Seems you should start by letting players have fun before they have to worry about getting good. Then hit them up with the "Now that you have the hang of the ATAC, lets move on to the STAR/Far/Ntec... an assault rifle more capable than the ATAC, but not as easy to use".

atac is a fricking laser, good option. ntec/pmg, even an oca if you're not shooting from over 30m away

Buy the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' PR2 or the PMG. I prefer the Whisper because it has a longer range than the PMG ( 50meter). Other than that, you can buy an ATAC.

I used to recommend the n-tec for new players, but I realized that getting that timing down and learning about positioning make it a bit tricky.

PMG or the STAR are better, me thinks. 😛

I used to recommend the n-tec for new players, but I realized that getting that timing down and learning about positioning make it a bit tricky.

PMG or the STAR are better, me thinks. 😛

Intriguing question actually, never thought about it like that, because as a player starting out, all the open slot or pre modded rental weapons are locked, leaving basically just premiums if you're not happy with the stock standard weapons. Well that's still how I grinded my way through the levels renting stock weapons and trying out what they do. Started with STAR, then tried OCA, OBIR some N-HVR. Personally I found OCA to be a pretty easy gun to play with, even with no mods (but that may be because believe it or not, in my 1400 or so hours I have never tried PMG).

21 minutes ago, Ilyas said:

Buy the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' PR2 or the PMG. I prefer the Whisper because it has a longer range than the PMG ( 50meter). Other than that, you can buy an ATAC.

I'd recommend the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' PR1 over the PR2. That bandolier mod is such a pain in the patootie as its adds 75% to the resupply time, and without it you still get 210 rounds.

base Ntec, don't start with mods.

At range you will do pretty well just tap firing.  Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap.

Usually by the third tap people are dead.  Four if they are a bit further out.

If an opponent gets too close just full auto and swirl it around in a circle around the opponents center of mass.  It is shockingly good at CQC.

Once you get an open slot version, Hunting Sight and Improved Rifling help along with Mobile sling later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, illgot said:

If an opponent gets too close just full auto and swirl it around in a circle around the opponents center of mass.  It is shockingly good at CQC.

No need to swirl around in a circle, the NTEC will do just that by itself when fired in full auto lmao

@Topic: Definitely ATAC or PMG (or the CBMP-45, it is a reskin). The only thing you would really need to learn with them is to engage only when your opponent is within their effective ranges, that's all.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

5 minutes ago, illgot said:

base Ntec, don't start with mods.

At range you will do pretty well just tap firing.  Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap.

Usually by the third tap people are dead.  Four if they are a bit further out.

Yeah, I suggested N-TEC 5 to a friend and he liked it a lot. Not sure what you mean by 3 tap kills though. Unless you are talking about assists or pre-damage, that's never going to happen.

Edited by PatrickBatemann

1 hour ago, PatrickBatemann said:

Yeah, I suggested N-TEC 5 to a friend and he liked it a lot. Not sure what you mean by 3 tap kills though. Unless you are talking about assists or pre-damage, that's never going to happen.

6 shots to kill.  I usually let 2-3 shots per tap.  Even if I perfected it to two shots per tap that would be enough to kill a person if all hits landed with in 50 meters.

2 hours ago, illgot said:

6 shots to kill.  I usually let 2-3 shots per tap.  Even if I perfected it to two shots per tap that would be enough to kill a person if all hits landed with in 50 meters.

that's burst firing btw

tap firing is one shot per tap

semantics, I know... but should help avoid further confusion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I'd recommend the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' PR1 over the PR2. That bandolier mod is such a pain in the patootie as its adds 75% to the resupply time, and without it you still get 210 rounds.

^ This. I bought the PR2 for the 'Whisper' and CSG when I was first starting out, they're awful to switch and use - especially during a mission.

I tried asking G1 to literally downgrade them and Puck told me to go puck myself.

Edited by Evagelyne

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

that's burst firing btw

tap firing is one shot per tap

semantics, I know... but should help avoid further confusion

thanks, always thought tap and burst were the same thing.

17 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

I tried asking G1 to literally downgrade them and Puck told me to go puck myself.

I wish I could have been there when they finally unplugged the PuckBot.

The best weapons for a new player are literally the starter weapons.

STAR/FBW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boxo said:

Volcano and fbw

Thunder and N-HVR 762

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boxo said:

Volcano and fbw

My favorite combo is Volcano and RSA/Commander.  only thing I hate is the 1 second equip time for the Commander.

~Best weapon from armas to start with is Atac  ~ its a must have ^.^

and if from a pack then i would recommend Manic  thats the juggernaut strike pack