Sign in to follow this  
Uhtdred

can you open NY districts please?

we all have 220ms in LA district (people from south america), it's been already 1 week without a  NY financial or waterfront.

All these days is the same, there's only one financial and one waterfront available, both are LA district.

1 year ago I had the same 220ms but in CITADEL. Now i gotta play with 220ms but in a LA district????

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 3

Why do you think you guys are the only one who has high latency issues, there are other players who lived far from the servers and having a LA server will some what be a bit playable for those in Asia and Oceania.

Those players have been playing on and off on 200-300 over the years + many with routing issues + worst stuck on a han server for serveral years due to g1 killing its whole Asia playerbase in the early days. So having them to play on 120-160 connecting to an NA server that's the best ping they could get right now and It will benefit for more population during different time zone if there were more Asia and Oceania players.

In the end they going to recycle the locations again so be patient and wait you don't need to play apb, it's not like the whole Brazil player base will vanish and never come back.

Edited by Deadliest

2 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Why do you think you guys are the only one who has high latency issues, there are other players who lived far from the servers and having a LA server will some what be a bit playable for those in Asia and Oceania.

Those players have been playing on and off on 200-300 over the years + many with routing issues + worst stuck on a han server for serveral years due to g1 killing its whole Asia playerbase in the early days. So having them to play on 120-160 connecting to an NA server that's the best ping they could get right now. 

In the end they going to recycle the locations again so be patient and wait you don't need to play apb, it's not like the whole Brazil player base will vanish and never come back.

dude do you understand that waterfront was always a LA district? if you had high latency in the financial NY district you only had to change to waterfront.

now BOTH DISTRICTS are LA. Do you understand that?

i'm not saying "remove LA districts", i'm saying that there should be a LA district and also a NY district. Apparently, financial 1 appears only when financial 2 is FULL, and when that happens, people keep going to financial 2 and nobody go financial 1.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

Nah m8 waterfront and shipyard fc is in NY I check yesterday. 

Edited by Deadliest

5 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Nah m8 waterfront and shipyard fc is in NY I check yesterday. 

nop, waterfront is always LA.

abington should be LA and baylan NY (or the opposite).

Edited by Uhtdred

7 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

nop, waterfront is always LA.

Oh btw you can't change to waterfront if there's no one playing which is always the case. Dont think it's in LA anymore they did a location swap.

Edited by Deadliest

5 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Oh btw you can't change to waterfront if there's no one playing which is always the case. Dont think it's in LA anymore they did a location swap.

kevkof (or something like that) showed here that waterfront is hosted in LA.

waterfront right now is 20/20 and financial is FULL. What about the ny district (financial 1), EMPTY.

10 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

kevkof (or something like that) showed here that waterfront is hosted in LA.

waterfront right now is 20/20 and financial is FULL. What about the ny district (financial 1), EMPTY.

WF was hosted in LA before, but this week it's in NY, which I think it's reasonable for them to cycle around and do testing on.

if you don't want to play on 230ms u don't have to play. Who knows it could be routing issue, your isp end might wanna call them up and say apb no work.

Edited by Deadliest

I dont care where it is currently hosted since the fact is Little Orbit is working on the networking that they discussed with the community for a year or so now and its finally happening.

If we can get a build for the  Engine Upgrade as well that we can go live with , without bugs and with SPCT stamp of approval , then that should be even better for all of this.

2 hours ago, Deadliest said:

WF was hosted in LA before, but this week it's in NY, which I think it's reasonable for them to cycle around and do testing on.

if you don't want to play on 230ms u don't have to play. Who knows it could be routing issue at your isp end might wanna call them up and say apb no work.

??????

financial 1 is NY (155ms)

waterfront is still LA (225ms). I play with people from south america and they also have 225ms in LA districts.

can you please stop saying waterfront is NY??????

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I dont care where it is currently hosted since the fact is Little Orbit is working on the networking that they discussed with the community for a year or so now and its finally happening.

If we can get a build for the  Engine Upgrade as well that we can go live with , without bugs and with SPCT stamp of approval , then that should be even better for all of this.

they could make so that financial is NY and waterfront is LA (or the opposite) and not BOTH DISTRICTS LA, you get my point?

Financial 1 (NY) only appears when financial 2 IS FULL.

Edited by Uhtdred

do regional districts spin up according to connecting players' locations?

i.e. are both servers LA because there's more west coast/asian/aussie players connected?

Edited by Solamente
typo

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

they could make so that financial is NY and waterfront is LA (or the opposite) and not BOTH DISTRICTS LA, you get my point?

Financial 1 (NY) only appears when financial 2 IS FULL.

or they could , you know, just finish on the networking ?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 7:23 AM, Uhtdred said:

dude do you understand that waterfront was always a LA district? if you had high latency in the financial NY district you only had to change to waterfront.

now BOTH DISTRICTS are LA. Do you understand that?

Since the latest server shuffle before Xmas I haven't really been able to run missions.

We need both NY and LA servers it seems. I'm in Australia. I average 220ms in a low population Financial server, most of the time. High latency is when it hits 250-300+. Swapping districts won't help you progress a contact in the district you just left due to high latency.

That's my take on it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaxJedburgh said:

Since the latest server shuffle before Xmas I haven't really been able to run missions.

We need both NY and LA servers it seems. I'm in Australia. I average 220ms in a low population Financial server, most of the time. High latency is when it hits 250-300+. Swapping districts won't help you progress a contact in the district you just left due to high latency.

That's my take on it.

so whenever u get r255 you won't play apb anymore because "i can't level up contacts" ??

having fun is playing, not leveling up contacts.

right now there aren't "NY and LA districts", it's just LA districts (i dont even care about FC).

One of my friends lives in LA when they were hosted in LA and still had above 50ms.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:23 AM, Uhtdred said:

so whenever u get r255 you won't play apb anymore because "i can't level up contacts" ??

having fun is playing, not leveling up contacts.

First up, no. I was using that as an example.

Right now I have 3 characters between r223 and r150. I'm concentrating on grinding JT for perma-weapons at the moment, but I'm much more of a RP freak really. I like playing my characters. When I max em out I'll buy more slots!

Yes, playing is fun; but a certain level of playability is required for that. Right now it's not there for me and that's a shame,

because it was about as good as it has ever been (since Singapore Han server under G1) between Halloween and Xmas.

However, it is not fair of me to hit K and drop into a random team when hits aren't registering and I can't drive because the car controls lock for up to 5 seconds at random. Not remotely fair on other players, so I don't K up. Team work and strategy are supposed to be part of the fun too. I miss it.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game to death.

I wouldn't be concerned otherwise.

• Thanks 2

got 1ms - 4ms on NY playing from Montreal.  It was heavenly lol... But server has now moved I guess... getting 40ms.... 

3 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

got 1ms - 4ms on NY playing from Montreal.  It was heavenly lol... But server has now moved I guess... getting 40ms.... 

Im afraid you wont find much sympathy for that.

1 hour ago, fragmeister said:

40 ms is no where near an issue

• Thanks 1

idk why people think the 'network changes' will fix anything

not like NA has the population for holding districts placed in different areas.

terrible latency again

gg

Merged.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:57 AM, Alani said:

idk why people think the 'network changes' will fix anything

not like NA has the population for holding districts placed in different areas.

at least latency should remain STABLE, but it doesn't. 

one day u have a stable latency, another day ur latency increased by 50-70ms (and it's the same district).

On 1/30/2020 at 8:12 PM, fragmeister said:

people downvote me for complaining about playing with 220ms, but u complain about getting 40ms, nice logic..

Edited by Uhtdred

34 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

people downvote me for complaining about playing with 220ms, but u complain about getting 40ms, nice logic..

or maybe they downvote you for griping too much over what we all go through.

its hot im tired im hungry....... sigh

Sign in to follow this