Hexerin

Timeframe on return of threated districts?

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Are you sure? Is there a place where to see this information? Right now it seems everyone and their grandmother is gold (which seems logical considering they get matched with easier opposition than just gold).

Keep in mind that the threat distribution is over nearly all players and doesn't just take the current online players into account. It could just be that a majority of the other threats are just not online as much, which would make sense in a way.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You can ask staff. (that's what I did)

Think of it this way, APEX has tens of millions of players. Any time you hop on there are at least thousands of players for matchmaking to choose from.

... I still get bad matchmaking at times in APEX.

APB is trying to do this with 40 people (50 in your example).

I get that but before everyone was forced to play in their own district which means they won't be fighting any golds until they really deserve to get there. 

Now is different. You get everyone mashed together and the matchmaking is struggling to find opposition even more. People rely on the fact that the matchmaking won't be able to find proper opposition if they go 3 or 4 stack premade so that is what they do. If this was the gold district, it woudl be easier for the game to find another 3 person stack of the same rank to match them against. 

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

I get that but before everyone was forced to play in their own district which means they won't be fighting any golds until they really deserve to get there. 

Now is different. You get everyone mashed together and the matchmaking is struggling to find opposition even more. People rely on the fact that the matchmaking won't be able to find proper opposition if they go 3 or 4 stack premade so that is what they do. If this was the gold district, it woudl be easier for the game to find another 3 person stack of the same rank to match them against. 

On Jericho at least, you would never be able to fill a district with only gold players.
Lately you were lucky if 1/3 of a silver district was Gold.

As bad as no segregation is (and it's bad), many players still want it to be an option during off peak hours. Hard locking threats to their own districts (bronze/silver/gold) would just mean more hours during the day that you wouldn't be able to play at all.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, SunnyMonroe said:

No! Im okay with open districts

But if there is any matchmaking it is worse then it ever was (atleast in the last years i played)

According to your statement, open districts wouldn't make much sense then? If you are opposed to people of your skill level only, threat districts would rather do the job, wouldn't they?

Edited by Ai-Zhú

2 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Now is different. You get everyone mashed together and the matchmaking is struggling to find opposition even more.

The issue is as we found out in 2013 is that less people believe they should (or want to) be fighting golds than would be strictly necessary. When the gold rush event was going on, and you got G1C for fighting gold players, there was no shortage of silvers and bronze players lining up to enter the gold district. Obviously there was an ulterior motive at play, but it's not like they got destroyed every single game and had so little fun that they gave up. What was more noticeable is when the incentive went away, even golds themselves desperately started de-threating to get away from gold districts (At this point golds could only join gold districts).

I think people get far too wrapped up in the colour next to someone's name, and lower threats do have a tendency I find to almost mentally give up when they see gold next to someone's name (This does go both ways, especially before demerits were required to kick a player, and silvers were kicked at the start of a mission). But as I found when playing as a silver years ago is that you only got better from fighting golds, and learning what they did. This is true in all games, but is especially so in APB, where it's not a simple case of just aiming better. It's not an argument for silver teams to get wiped by gold pre-mades, just that some cross pollination may be a good thing now and again.

Pre-made teams do tend to have a more disastrous effect on matchmaking than having a range of threats does. A gold team of 3 for example will likely not be able to play against their equal in a district, and as such will often force the opposition to be cobbled together from various lower threat groups. This would be a problem even for 3 unorganised golds to fight against, and they'll often be hit just as hard as any silver group. Higher skilled players don't tend to play solo for a variety of reasons, one of them that you are at the mercy of the match making system. If APB had better population, we could have trialled a solo (Or maybe 2 man max) district only. I think that would have been interesting to see.

People rely on the fact that the matchmaking won't be able to find proper opposition if they go 3 or 4 stack premade so that is what they do.

I think it's more if you're going to play this game at all, you'd rather do it with competent team-mates each mission. Honestly most of the time pre-mades sit waiting for opposition, and when you do get matched against 4 silvers, you're not happy about it, because it's unlikely either team will enjoy the match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I agree with everything said.

The issue however is, most people just won't have all this patience for this when the game "bullies" them constantly with bad matchmaking.

Anyone can have a bad match once in a while but when it happens all the time it is just not fun. It makes you wonder if it is worth staying or you have something better to play. 

Even with that event that you have mentioned. It was optional after all. 

When I choose to go fight club that is also optional even if everyone there is mostly gold. 

The problem is when you are forced into bad games no matter where you go.

Edited by HawtGirl

5 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

According to your statement, open districts wouldn't make much sense then? If you are opposed to people of your skill level only, threat districts would rather do the job, wouldn't they?

Im not against threat districts, ofc they did a better job then the Open districts

When u wanna fight ppl with the same skill level

But on a bronze district in citadel i saw all colors too, atleast alot of dethreated golds

(Sometimes i had the feeling to meet more bronzies and silvers on silver districts)

So, matchmaking needs a overwork anyway or it just had no other chance then put bronzies and silvers against dt-golds cuz there where no opponents at the same skill level

Dont get me wrong i dont wanna fight the same skill level only but atleast balanced teams would be great

On 1/18/2020 at 2:02 AM, Hexerin said:

Now that the EU datacenter is up and running (per the locked pinned thread), how much longer until we get a playable game environment? The itch for APB's gameplay is getting pretty intense lately, and other games I play are having content lulls...

ive played vs hex before (many times) and hes way better than me but hes not toxic. all the times ive seen him he plays solo and just plays for fun so all these accusations against him in this post are never anything ive seen or experienced. js

hes right unless you're a toxic gold the game is just unplayable rn. well no maybe its playable for the non-toxic golds too. the non-toxic golds are often better than the toxic golds that's why the toxic golds only want to play vs bronzes and low silvers while the real golds want to play other golds. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, postalgril said:

ive played vs hex before (many times) and hes way better than me but hes not toxic. all the times ive seen him he plays solo and just plays for fun so all these accusations against him in this post are never anything ive seen or experienced. js

hes right unless you're a toxic gold the game is just unplayable rn. well no maybe its playable for the non-toxic golds too. the non-toxic golds are often better than the toxic golds that's why the toxic golds only want to play vs bronzes and low silvers while the real golds want to play other golds. 

Interesting that you think someone who has admitted on this forum to "purposefully manipulating his threat" in order to play in bronze instead of silver districts as not toxic.

13 hours ago, Donjae said:

bring back the old system ! 

nej, hiding threat and having red and blue rank symbols based on faction would be much better and provide a much less toxic time 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly i Dont mind it, playing against a full team of bronzes like @Iazer is fun

Edited by Boxo

1 minute ago, Boxo said:

Honestly i odnt mind it, playing against a full team of bronzes like @Iazer is fun

Didn't ask

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Interesting that you think someone who has admitted on this forum to "purposefully manipulating his threat" in order to play in bronze instead of silver districts as not toxic.

well i guess it is when you put it that way

what i mean is like ive never seen him roll in a full group clan throwing insults and using cheats like macros and stuff like the toxic golds do

1 hour ago, postalgril said:

well i guess it is when you put it that way

what i mean is like ive never seen him roll in a full group clan throwing insults and using cheats like macros and stuff like the toxic golds do

Fair enough. 

Reintroducing the threat system will not help with matchmaking.

I've given this a lot of thought and in my opinion there is only one way to make matchmaking fair in APB and it's ridiculously simple.

From my experience gold players stomping noobs is only really a problem when the golds are in a premade group, lone golds are rarely an issue, so the fix is simple. Have one server that alows premades and one that doesn't, allow all the less skilled players to go in the non premade server where they can  group with randoms and half a chance at a decent match, and let all the tryhard premades fight eachother, problem solved.

The threat system in APB is needlessly complicated and utterly unworkable with such a low pop, a new phasing system won't help either with current population levels, so I strongly urge the devs not to overthink this issue, keep it simple, save yourselves a lot of work and just maybe you'll get something right for once.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:38 AM, Donjae said:

bring back the old system ! 

rRJEKNO.png

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Sadly it won't indeed. 

I remember it still being super bad even with the thread segregation.

And yes, the pre made groups are more of an issue than the threads themselves but it is usually the gold players who are more willing to get in groups. You will never see premade bronze group unless they are dethreaters or something. 

On 1/20/2020 at 8:38 AM, Donjae said:

rRJEKNO.png

cant remember how was working..like each of this was connected also to ranks?cant remember..

On 1/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Tragia said:

The problem with bringing back threated districts is NA players will no longer be able to play in Waterfront and be stuck on their contacts and the game will also not be playable at late/ early hours as we can barely get a 15-15 district at 5 AM EST or so on weekdays.

It sucks not being able to play a game anytime you want in 2020. Some people have weird hours or are from other countries and can only play at those times.

If you guys bring back threat segregation, I would suggest making it population based. If current playerbase total is over a certain amount, force segregation. Once the average hits under a certain number, remove it. This would make it possible to play at any hour of the day.

agree with this.

If they bring back segregation then gold players can say good bye to opposed missions in low hours. And everyone can say bye to progression if they have contacts in Waterfront.. 

58 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Have one server that alows premades and one that doesn't, allow all the less skilled players to go in the non premade server where they can  group with randoms and half a chance at a decent match, and let all the tryhard premades fight eachother, problem solved.

I am a bad player. Under this proposal, I can only play with friends if I want to go up against the "tryhard premades"?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I am a bad player. Under this proposal, I can only play with friends if I want to go up against the "tryhard premades"?

Isn't that the whole idea of grouping? 

I have yet to see a group that doesn't tryhard. Riding vegases/vans with an volcano/osmaws

21 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Isn't that the whole idea of grouping? 

I have yet to see a group that doesn't tryhard. Riding vegases/vans with an volcano/osmaws

You misunderstand.
He wants to remove threat from segregation and use groups vs solo instead.

So even if all my friends are bronze and use the Coroner, if we wanted to group it'd be against the "gold tryhards" everyone talks about.

6 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I've given this a lot of thought and in my opinion there is only one way to make matchmaking fair in APB and it's ridiculously simple.

From my experience gold players stomping noobs is only really a problem when the golds are in a premade group, lone golds are rarely an issue, so the fix is simple. Have one server that alows premades and one that doesn't, allow all the less skilled players to go in the non premade server where they can  group with randoms and half a chance at a decent match, and let all the tryhard premades fight eachother, problem solved.

The threat system in APB is needlessly complicated and utterly unworkable with such a low pop, a new phasing system won't help either with current population levels, so I strongly urge the devs not to overthink this issue, keep it simple, save yourselves a lot of work and just maybe you'll get something right for once.

what exactly would this solve?

youd still likely have massive skill imbalance in each solo match, and now people are further discouraged from grouping because they’ll be forced to use the “try hard gold” instance

On 1/20/2020 at 3:53 AM, ColorBauss said:

Wouldn't work. There's plenty of old players that have nothing to gain and only play for the fun of it, like myself. Consequently, most of the players that dethreat and go to bronze districts are players like this. 

If there isn't a strict "no golds can enter" it wont work, no matter what the penalty is.

Thats why a system where older players who want a less tryhard game should be able to dethreat and play in the bronze districts, help there friends, etc.... BUT, the moment they are playing "too hard" for the district and turn gold, they should get insta-kicked back to lobby and be stuck playing the gold district (or fight clubs) so as to prevent the kind of long-term trolling dethreaters who only played on Bronze to WTF-Hardstomp and destroy (all day long) the lesser skilled and chill playerbase.

I know it's not a perfect suggestion but, at least that way people who dethreat are limited in the degree of District disruption... they can opt to 1. play more chill or 2. go play with the Golds. 

*Edit also the Golds should get some form of recognition/reward to keep them interested and not resorting to rick-rolling the lower threats all day... such as planned events, competition, new public scoring system, special titles, special clothing, special reskinned guns, special cars, special logos etc... to encourage the hardcore competition, clan wars, special streamed matches, etc... to at least make it fun for the truly skilled longterm players... and an incentive for the chill crowd to "up their game."

Edited by Hey!
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Thats why a system where older players who want a less tryhard game should be able to dethreat and play in the bronze districts, help there friends, etc.... BUT, the moment they are playing "too hard" for the district and turn gold, they should get insta-kicked back to lobby and be stuck playing the gold district (or fight clubs) so as to prevent the kind of long-term trolling dethreaters who only played on Bronze to WTF-Hardstomp and destroy (all day long) the lesser skilled and chill playerbase.

I know it's not a perfect suggestion but, at least that way people who dethreat are limited in the degree of District disruption... they can opt to 1. play more chill or 2. go play with the Golds.

What if just remove the option to choose district thread and the game puts you where you belong instead?

Ofc if this happens, there will be a need of dynamic ranking otherwise some districts will turn empty.