Sakebee

Call for Shotgun Testing

On 1/15/2020 at 6:54 PM, Lign said:

It should be good but not the go to choice. Basically there's no point to choose any other cqc with that ttk of jg. If you didn't realize, usually shotgun always make a first shot and practical ttk always faster than any other cqc weapon. And don't forget about terrible accuracy oca has. Even now, with current jg, everyone on arranged picks jg instead of oca because of impact it can do

out in the open without a lot of cover isn't the OCA still a better choice?

3 hours ago, illgot said:

out in the open without a lot of cover isn't the OCA still a better choice?

It’s better to use any mid-long range weapon in that situation. Basically, how it works on arranged matches 4v4: team goes for one obeya or obir, two ntec and carbine/Oscar. It’s the current meta for most situations because in most cases the mission point is always open because of map design(that’s the reason why hvr will be always strong no matter how you nerf it). But once the point is inside building obeya/obir teammate has a choice to switch for oca or jg, and he always chooses jg because of utility being stay alive by hiding at the corners. Oca requires a risk, when you want to kill someone you have to stay open while spraying with it someone but jg allows you to stay safety between the shots.

Increasing its ttk will make it possible to play more aggressive. You still can play aggressive with the current jg. I haven’t used jg for year and take it 2 days ago to play in asylum. Even in situations when I push corners and oca guy peeks the corner starting shooting first, I still two shot him just because how inaccurate oca can be. It doesn’t make sense to me. Oca is only good with aggressive peeks and pushes while jg is insanely good at safety/defend gameplay and it’s also good at aggressive gameplay. And buffing its ttk will make oca even more useless.

Someone says that oca has more range but in the practical gameplay the fight between oca and jg about 4 of 5 times happens in the shotgun range. It’s just not possible to make a shotgun user fighting you in 15m

Edited by Lign

3 hours ago, Lign said:

It’s better to use any mid-long range weapon in that situation. Basically, how it works on arranged matches 4v4: team goes for one obeya or obir, two ntec and carbine/Oscar. It’s the current meta for most situations because in most cases the mission point is always open because of map design(that’s the reason why hvr will be always strong no matter how you nerf it). But once the point is inside building obeya/obir teammate has a choice to switch for oca or jg, and he always chooses jg because of utility being stay alive by hiding at the corners. Oca requires a risk, when you want to kill someone you have to stay open while spraying with it someone but jg allows you to stay safety between the shots.

Increasing its ttk will make it possible to play more aggressive. You still can play aggressive with the current jg. I haven’t used jg for year and take it 2 days ago to play in asylum. Even in situations when I push corners and oca guy peeks the corner starting shooting first, I still two shot him just because how inaccurate oca can be. It doesn’t make sense to me. Oca is only good with aggressive peeks and pushes while jg is insanely good at safety/defend gameplay and it’s also good at aggressive gameplay. And buffing its ttk will make oca even more useless.

Someone says that oca has more range but in the practical gameplay the fight between oca and jg about 4 of 5 times happens in the shotgun range. It’s just not possible to make a shotgun user fighting you in 15m

I'm more saying if you are in a cqc fight, being caught in the open running it's better to have an OCA. 

3 minutes ago, illgot said:

I'm more saying if you are in a cqc fight, being caught in the open running it's better to have an OCA. 

Yes. 

Shotguns only outshine in defense with corners, or with exploitable cover. 

As for shotguns tending to get off the first shot... unless defending I don't know what he's talking about. 

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, illgot said:

Ah, it's debatable. For me it's much easier to land a 2nd shot with jg than always keep tracking with oca. I play aggresively against good oca users and always being able to land a 2nd shot.

2 hours ago, Lign said:

Ah, it's debatable. For me it's much easier to land a 2nd shot with jg than always keep tracking with oca. I play aggresively against good oca users and always being able to land a 2nd shot.

Maybe they aren't good enough

You guys really want ppl to play in the test districts your guna have to entice em. The playerbase is too low to draw away from the reg districts.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sakebee said:

Hey everyone,

~ important stuff ~

🐝

Sakebee

9 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You guys really want ppl to play in the test districts your guna have to entice em. The playerbase is too low to draw away from the reg districts.

pretty much this. maybe someone go in to socialize in testing districts or to *GASP* play a normal mission on a normal account.

the community loves stuff like that and would go in there for it.

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I mean, literally all they have to do is actually increase JT gains like they state they do. Changing the rate from 0-10 to 1-10 is not actually an increase, especially when the RNG curve is artificially skewed to the point of giving 1-2 JT 99% of the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes. 

Shotguns only outshine in defense with corners, or with exploitable cover. 

As for shotguns tending to get off the first shot... unless defending I don't know what he's talking about. 

I mean, the average oca ttk in practical gameplay is above 1 second. It’s because you have to track a guy who consistently strafes around plus weak accuracy, plus covers etc. With jg you can two shot with minimal ttk because you don’t need to always keep the crosshair on the enemy.  The only weakness of jg is either bad hitreg or your bad aim in that case

1 minute ago, Lign said:

I mean, the average oca ttk in practical gameplay is above 1 second. It’s because you have to track a guy who consistently strafes around plus weak accuracy, plus covers etc. With jg you can two shot with minimal ttk because you don’t need to always keep the crosshair on the enemy.  The only weakness of jg is either bad hitreg or your bad aim in that case

Agree to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Agree to disagree. 

I’m not against strong shotguns but they’re so forgivable in terms of aim and covers. 

22 minutes ago, Lign said:

I’m not against strong shotguns but they’re so forgivable in terms of aim and covers. 

That is definitely what makes balancing them difficult, I agree.

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I mean, literally all they have to do is actually increase JT gains like they state they do. Changing the rate from 0-10 to 1-10 is not actually an increase, especially when the RNG curve is artificially skewed to the point of giving 1-2 JT 99% of the time.

It still doesnt change the fact that there isnt a population to split between this and the reg dist. They wont get the data so long as the pop is so low nor will they be able to accurately change weapons when hitreg dont work.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, Lign said:

People used to go 1 sniper/obeya/obir, ntec, ntec/oca, 1 cqc, others would go full carbine/oscar, and others would go 2 midrange 2 cqc or if in a 3 man 1 lr, 1 ntec, 1 cqc.

Just because the "meta" changed because they decided to overpower shotguns doesn't mean that oca is terrible. It's always been a good weapon, and i prefer it over shotguns the majority of time unless im using the "strife" which is arguably far worse than the OCA competitively.

The problem with shotguns is how they are used with corners prevents counter play (ontop of the current brokenness of them), which is why they are trying to rework

them yet again.

Many still go OCA for CQC including me regardless of the "risk" because its just as easy to corner pop and if you know how to use grenades, dodge grenades, and such you can do just as well. PMG is somewhat borked but you don't see it too often.

Its rather easy to face a shotgun user sub 15m though, unless they are on a corner you dont "know" they are at, most times you do have a chance to fight and win. But then again, i almost never get ambushed by faceplanting into a shotgun because I lure them to me instead. /shrug

To be honest, Shotguns suppost to be good at close distance, Cause thats the only distance they effective, in my opinion theres nothing wrong with shotguns as they are now, Yes in very close combat they do 2 shots a kill (Full direct hit with IR3) But isn't APB ment to be played tatic, Basicily i'm mostily stuck with bronze players Who think this game is ment to charge the objective withall risk within, And asking weird qeustions afther the missions why they lost the match , The only thing that worries me that this (Nerf/Rework) will cause another case were people gonna get upset from and causes another Number drop in players population, , The real problem lays @ Colby PMG, Since fight club contains 80% of players using it, Because compaired to Shotguns an PMG has mid/Close range combat efficiency And does even beter than Ntec sometimes in mid distance, Cause of the mobility PMG brings with it, Yes im aware that shotguns like JG or colby shotguns do have an advantage of peaking around the corner, But isn't that the case with pistols, and SMGS, but to be in all fairness, I rather would see an rework on Treath system (PVP matchmaking) than a re-work on a shotgun model, Not to mention that most people brought Shotguns or weapons from amas stores, And if you guys going to re-work shotguns or any other weapon, in my opinion the value of the weapon will be lowered, Will there also be a constribute towards those players?, Just some qeustions tho.