PotatoeGirl

Are LMGs still relevant?

16 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I'm an LMG-toting silver and I'm proud of it and wouldn't change that for the world.

Honestly, that's the best attitude to have. 

Some times I wish I could just "have fun" while playing. 

...it's not easy for me. 

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Honestly, that's the best attitude to have. 

Some times I wish I could just "have fun" while playing. 

...it's not easy for me. 

I wanna say something snarky but I'm just filled with pity because as a long-time player I've grouped with many, many other players just like you and could come up with a heap of suggestions to make things better but in reality they're just bandaid solutions because I can't override people's attitude to hate losing so much, so idk what to say really other than "I'm sorry it sucks for you." 

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I can't believe I'm so late to this topic. 

Clearly LMGs are not as popular as they should be because the best one hasn't entered the game yet and the best use for LMGs hasn't been added yet. 

But that obvious oversight aside - LMGs are fun, and so much love to anyone who mains one - but they're like 98% perfect rn, which unfortunately for the meta-players isn't that 101% they always want, so LMGs will always pale in comparison. 

That said, I prefer it that way, I like being an extra special snowflake with my slightly different weapon - kills feel more rewarding and I think I round off a team more effectively than if we all just meta'd up and boringed our way through every match. I'm an LMG-toting silver and I'm proud of it and wouldn't change that for the world. (although might break even if they added extra clothing and outfit slots or returned 1-Day Premiums)

Something something add PvE too.

I'm right with you on this one brother.

I love using the LMG's as my main. (SHAW / ALIG)

Currently using the N-SSW 74 Dvah as my main.

I do get some complaints at times, mainly that I need to use a different weapon.

But honestly , I love using this gun.

I suppose in the end,,, it's all about having fun.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Westford said:

Currently using the N-SSW 74 Dvah as my main.

I do get some complaints at times, mainly that I need to use a different weapon.

But honestly , I love using this gun.

I keep facing all gold teams that are all using the Ntec/OSCAR and I know why, they are the best weapons in a wide variety of ranges.  No other weapons are really viable except in their one tiny area of specialization.  I love LMGs but they just aren't viable if you want kills or to fight back on a level playing field.  One of the reasons I just don't play APB anymore.  There are only 2-3 viable weapons, the rest handicap you too much.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Westford said:

tumblr_lr2egtqpRY1r16rfko1_500.gif

Looks like you met a Cookie in the wild.

100% this. 

But we don't have to be giggling simpletons to have fun, dying in game sucks, lag sucks, frame drop sucks, cheating sucks, stuff is allowed to suck and we're allowed to be annoyed with that, it's how we react long term to that suckage which matters. 

@CookiePuss

Haha, I like the encouraging "snuggle wuggle boofy" gif.  😁

No, we don't have to be "giggling simpletons" to have fun.

Then again, we don't all have to have the "Win at all costs" attitude either.

And yes, there are players that have that attitude that "I need to win at all costs",

and some even go to extraordinary lengths to improve their odds and to "get that extra advantage"

At the very least, these players will use the few guns available that are the most versatile at all ranges, to maintain whatever advantage they can.

Yes, the NTEC obviously is one of them.

I get it.

It makes sense.

I have an NTEC Ursus that I pull out once in a while.

And it is a great weapon.

I just get bored using it sometimes.

Some players will play at very low graphics settings to get that "extra FPS".

Their graphics looks like crap, but I don't think they're there for the nice visual display.

On the milder side, you have some players using different shaders that provide a better outline of opponents.

Again, the graphics look horrible, but a pleasant visual experience is not their concern.

Custom crosshairs are great too.

Totally alleviates the in game Crosshair Bloom effect.

You're experiencing in game crosshair bloom, or a weapon that provides a "wide" crosshair bloom  at rest..." ? ,   no problem.

A custom crosshair takes care of the in game crosshair mechanics.

A tight crosshair center screen all the time.

Some people would even go so far as removing explosion and smoke visuals, which would obstruct a persons view.

Not gonna even get into the fire rate / no recoil / triggerbot macro discussion.

We all know these provide no real advantage.

But the wallhacks, well, it's always nice to know if someone is sneaking up on you.

I like winning too.

It's just not the "be all / end all" of some peoples gameplay,

And no, we are not "giggling simpletons".

We just have different priorities.

Edited by Westford

2 hours ago, Westford said:

~snip~

I cant speak for anyone else, but for me its less about winning, and mostly about hitting that flow state where your brain just kind of shuts off and you play on auto pilot. Thats the whole reason I game.

Im here for a break, Im here to escape, Im here to CHILL.

The decisions I make are kind of based around that. There ARE mod setups I avoid, there are certain weapons I avoid, and there are certain vehicles I avoid. These ARE all sub-meta items, but along with being less useful in a fight they also make the game feel clunkier, less smooth, and more frustrating... making it that much harder to slip into and remain in the aforementioned state.

The same can be said of config and or advanced launcher use.

Yes these thing often offer higher FPS, and yes higher FPS does provide an advantage especially in cases where the disparity is huge (say playing at 30fps vs 120fps).

But they also offer partial relief from stuttering, frame drops, and or micro freezes... of which all can snap you out of that nice chill state quite jarringly. (see image at the end if you want to see the benchmarks on my personal rig)

So really, what me and possibly many other players are doing, is not so much trying to win at all costs so much as wanting to play with as few frustrations as possible.

Cuz let's face it, APB has many issues. Not all of them are massive, but any of them can ruin the enjoyment of a match.

PCp39wF.png

Edited by CookiePuss