PotatoeGirl

Are LMGs still relevant?

4 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

sometimes you can't shoot under cars who were blew up tho. There's no red crosshair depending on how cars are laying on the floor.

Then simply disengage.

They are still trapped in the open, and the car will disappear eventually.

You don't have to fight every engagement to the death.

You've disabled their car, their method of escape, or their ability to rush, and that's exactly what AV is for.

You should know by now that AP weapons should kill people better than AV weapons.

So disable the vehicle, and if you are at a disadvantage, disengage.

9 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Car killing only, I'd pick the Case KO no question no matter what. Aligs stopped being good years ago,

is anyone going to tell him or are we all still laughing

17 hours ago, Solamente said:

can't say i want to decrease traditional lmg ttks any lower tho, especially with the range they have

I meant more that weapons like SMGs and Shotguns need to have their TTKs increased, so that they still have to fear running into LMGs.

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

Car killing only, I'd pick the Case KO no question no matter what. Aligs stopped being good years ago,

"Alig stopped being good years ago" 🤔 you ok bud?

Car killing only, I'd pick the Case KO no question no matter what. Aligs stopped being good years ago, well before the Case KO and the ISSR were introduced.

Say that CASE and ALIG part again, but slowly

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

I meant more that weapons like SMGs and Shotguns need to have their TTKs increased, so that they still have to fear running into LMGs.

yeah i just mentioned the ttk buff because it was mentioned in the op

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Then simply disengage.

They are still trapped in the open, and the car will disappear eventually.

You don't have to fight every engagement to the death.

You've disabled their car, their method of escape, or their ability to rush, and that's exactly what AV is for.

You should know by now that AP weapons should kill people better than AV weapons.

So disable the vehicle, and if you are at a disadvantage, disengage.

I don't use AV weapons anyways, i was just saying sometimes you can't shoot under cars

I was reading this thread, remembered I have 2 AMG Medusas which I probably haven't used in years so took one, popped into Baylan and I think it was pretty fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got a killstreak as soon as I entered the game but my luck turned later on. Still pretty fun

Alig been trash. I've never seen a gold player who was worth their weight use an Alig in literal years.  ISSR and Case beat that gun out all day, because transitioning from cars to players the Alig is trash. I'd FBW down any alig player 10/10 times and Im not even that good with the FBW.

Say what you want, until I see otherwise in actual missions, that gun is hot trash. :^)

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

I don't use AV weapons anyways, i was just saying sometimes you can't shoot under cars

Sorry.

You right.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

Alig been trash. I've never seen a gold player who was worth their weight use an Alig in literal years.  ISSR and Case beat that gun out all day, because transitioning from cars to players the Alig is trash. I'd FBW down any alig player 10/10 times and Im not even that good with the FBW.

Say what you want, until I see otherwise in actual missions, that gun is hot trash. :^)

image.png

People say guns are clones but when you actually use them they 100% feel different. Say what you want, link gun stats, whatever. Use them and they clearly feel different.

Regardless, my FBW > Anybody's Alig.

Shrug.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, trashpanda said:

This. LMGs are certainly not relevant to the game as it is. They take way too long to blow up a car compared to an explosive weapon (grenades, OSMAW, OPGL, the legendary rocket launcher). The only upside they have is you can keep sustained fire on a vehicle that's moving, but you can easily have that by standing on a car following the target with an OSMAW. LMGs are terrible at close range, and most of them suck at long range too, at least compared to assault rifles/rifles. They are not viable in any way, because there are tons of guns that could fill in the gap. I thing LMGs need a buff in their ttk or at the very least a buff to their hard damage so they can at least be an alternative to the OSMAW. What they lack in mobility certainly is not made up for in any other way. Perhaps a bipod mod could be added so that they can be used crouching with no recoil or simply anything that would make them more usable and a solid alternative.

part of that is because G1 buffed the alig, then decided crap that was too much, and instead of retuning alig, buffed vehicle life.

2 hours ago, Ohshii said:

People say guns are clones but when you actually use them they 100% feel different. Say what you want, link gun stats, whatever. Use them and they clearly feel different.

Shrug.

ok bud lmao

Shrug.

^this must be bait^

I am so confused now. I see so may different opinions e.e

Well, at least it seems like everyone agrees that the LMGs sux now.

nah LMGs dont suck I was just talking to talk haha. I personally dislike the Alig but its not a broken gun or nothing. I'd just rather use the ISSR-Dog Ear because it melts basically everything in the game including cars. 😛

On 1/15/2020 at 2:50 PM, GhosT said:

Quite irrelevant in the N-TEC meta, they have no place other than the ALIG destroying/stopping vegases? vegasi? that people run away in.

NSSW can counter the NTEC easily but is worst at killing vehicles then ALIG. Don’t know what you’re going on about there.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:56 AM, Ohshii said:

I dunno what you guys are talking about due the fact that I didn't read any of the posts other than the OP lol, but for what it's worth the Case KO is still the best car killing LMG by a metric landslide, no question. The ISSR Dog Ear is a close second followed by the DMR AV. While the OP mentioned LMGs, Case for cars, Shaws for players. Crouch cornercamping with a Shaw + CJ3 you literally cannot lose if you have good aim. However, for what it's worth, if player killing is involved along with car killing, the ISSR Dog Ear dominates by a metric landslide.

Car killing only, I'd pick the Case KO no question no matter what. Aligs stopped being good years ago, well before the Case KO and the ISSR were introduced. Aligs got over-shadowed by the CSG long before it got nerfed, then the PMG beat it out for car/player killing, followed by the introduction of the DMR-AV. Then years later the ISSR was brought in. Aligs were NEVER worth using past OBT/Steam release and are still a basically a useless gun to this day. ISSR/DMR-AV/Stock DMR/JG Shotgun and Case KO make the Alig look like total trash as they provide less recoil, better ttks and more overall value to a team at any given stage, even on full time car missions. Hell a stock OPGL beats an alig vs vehicles if you can hit the car with a single nade. Even a Shaw is better LMG than Alig because it eats players alive whereas an Alig has 1 job and it's been years since it was the best at said job.

You must be very drunk as the CASE are ALIG reskins. So you’re still calling the ALIG bad while also calling it good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WEISSDEATH said:

NSSW can counter the NTEC easily

The only things about NSSW that beat NTEC are the range potential and anti-vehicle capability. NSSW has ~50% higher effective range and nearly double the vehicle damage. The actual reason NSSW is so strong is because it can pose NTEC-level threat to a significantly larger area, not because it's stronger than NTEC (it isn't).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The only things about NSSW that beat NTEC are the range potential and anti-vehicle capability. 

with hb2 or cj3 nssw you stand a pretty fair chance at out ttking an ntec if they tap fire

Just now, Solamente said:

with hb2 or cj3 nssw you stand a pretty fair chance at out ttking an ntec if they tap fire

Heavy Barrel reduces the NSSW's damage (and thus range) for no gain, as the gun doesn't bloom. Cooling Jacket is nice for CQC, but severely impairs it's ranged ability (at which point, just use an NTEC).

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Heavy Barrel reduces the NSSW's damage (and thus range) for no gain, as the gun doesn't bloom. Cooling Jacket is nice for CQC, but severely impairs it's ranged ability (at which point, just use an NTEC).

hb2 allows you to full auto from 0-65m 

the gun does bloom, so this is a very valid mod choice

37ff1858b2ec9cbf4ee54dd05ad5422c.png3347a17c2dcc4a8d17f48cd09dde929c.png

cj3 doesn't really affect ranged ability at all unless you can't control your own tap firing

39 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

HB2 is a upgrade on the  NSSW, You can fully auto with it at 65m as mentioned above  and CJ is great for tap-firing. 

Im starting to doubt that you’ve actually touched the NSSW and are trying to brush it too the side cuz it’s a LMG.

I can't believe I'm so late to this topic. 

Clearly LMGs are not as popular as they should be because the best one hasn't entered the game yet and the best use for LMGs hasn't been added yet. 

That and the only issue with LMGs is that there are no HMGs. I want my 2-man crewed stationary tripod or vehicle mounted area denial weapons.  

But those obvious oversights aside - LMGs are fun, and so much love to anyone who mains one - but they're like 98% perfect rn, which unfortunately for the meta-players isn't that 101% they always want, so LMGs will always pale in comparison. 

That said, I prefer it that way, I like being an extra special snowflake with my slightly different weapon - kills feel more rewarding and I think I round off a team more effectively than if we all just meta'd up and boringed our way through every match. I'm an LMG-toting silver and I'm proud of it and wouldn't change that for the world. (although might break even if they added extra clothing and outfit slots or returned 1-Day Premiums)

Something something add PvE too.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
when blowing your own horn - go hard or go home