Sign in to follow this  
DiVaice_

The state of the game

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

can you show where the lore of APB is not important for gameplay? because i am not quite following you on this part

that's not exactly what i said but sure - car spawner machines are never mentioned in apb lore but they are an essential mechanic for apb gameplay

i wouldn't say essential but with the current spawning system seeming to be a broken mess , a definite advantage to have one

i dont play with them all the time and sometimes only play with what spawns   are  given due to other mods on cars.

good teamwork makes it to where its not essential, but without good teamwork yes  , so i hope we can get a spawn rework soon

and thank you for clarifying some of this.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

it looked like it was 50/50 on that.

You also have to consider that a lot of players who were up for it just wanted new content

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

You also have to consider that a lot of players who were up for it just wanted new content

i do not believe anyone ever said it was perfect and wanted it as is. if so then i missed that.

many had fun and many did not.

some people like pickles some like octopus. everyone likes different flavors.

People who say that bounty system is useless and has no effect to gameplay should remember that bounty is tied to the prestige/notoriety system which directly affects your payouts and contact standing at the end of missions though a multiplier corresponding to each level. The only thing is that the lvl.4 multiplier is 1.8 I think and lvl.5 (bounty) is 2.0 which is not enough. If that multiplier was significantly higher, it would introduce a challenge to try and survive until the end of the mission to cash out on a huge reward.

Otherwise, I don't have anything against the bounty system. Personally, I don't think I have ever lost a mission directly because of having a bounty on me and getting killed. Not competitive, yes, maybe, but that's the entirety of APB with the big open districts and random people driving around the streets.

4 minutes ago, PatrickBatemann said:

People who say that bounty system is useless and has no effect to gameplay should remember that bounty is tied to the prestige/notoriety system which directly affects your payouts and contact standing at the end of missions though a multiplier corresponding to each level. The only thing is that the lvl.4 multiplier is 1.8 I think and lvl.5 (bounty) is 2.0 which is not enough. If that multiplier was significantly higher, it would introduce a challenge to try and survive until the end of the mission to cash out on a huge reward.

Otherwise, I don't have anything against the bounty system. Personally, I don't think I have ever lost a mission directly because of having a bounty on me and getting killed. Not competitive, yes, maybe, but that's the entirety of APB with the big open districts and random people driving around the streets.

iirc when the Score system was introduced, end of mission rewards were changed to no longer be effected by notoriety level

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

iirc when the Score system was introduced, end of mission rewards were changed to no longer be effected by notoriety level

So it only affects the standing and payouts outside of missions (e.g. delivering/impounding stolen cars or loot)? Because it certainly affects that.

1 minute ago, PatrickBatemann said:

So it only affects the standing and payouts outside of missions (e.g. delivering/impounding stolen cars or loot)? Because it certainly affects that.

outside of mission activities are affected, as are individual kills but thats it afaik

i could be wrong - its been ages since i finished a mission at n5/p5, i either get killed by a random or faction kill some other random

On 1/15/2020 at 7:06 AM, Lign said:

It doesn't make sense when the opposition have only half points before winning the mission and you're trying to comeback and they have at least 3 opportunities to make one of your two points neutral to win on overtime. The mission should end up when when one of the side gets the score cap. The same goes for item hold stage. It doesn't make sense either when you're doing a comeback when the opposition has 60/120 score and it's overtime already and they have a lot of time to just press F on the item. It should end up when someone hits 120/120.

It sounds like you're trying to defend little orbit who made a 3 useless events and one major joke RIOT on that spaghetti mess while they could fix the live with small changes like mission balance, fixing bugs etc. If they can't just for example add time for some of the last stage then by that logic they shouldn't be able to add events or making a weapon balance.

Merged.

How it's not useless for you? Killing some random guys and getting +20$ for it or what? Do I need to say how many times I lost mission just because exactly that system. The last time happened just two days ago when on the VIP stage random silver came inside our point with nfas and killed my VIP that ended up for my vip getting farmed by car gameplay. Are you really that dumb?

Some of us actually like the rush of being on a mission and having a bounty, the more people coming for us the better. 

3 hours ago, Nivo said:

Some of us actually like the rush of being on a mission and having a bounty, the more people coming for us the better. 

So long as you can't interfere in my mission, go nuts.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:44 AM, Solamente said:

the only issue i have is that i think overtime should take effect if any point is being capped by either team, thus avoiding the situation where each team has one point and one team is capping the 3rd but the mission ends regardless

yeah the fact that that was changed to the current system from G1 is dumb. OT was fine, and noone complained about it ever, and they changed it to the dumb mess this is.

overtime is needed i hope it gets changed back to what it should be.

as for bountys , its a survival mission type but it does interfere in missions and would be nice if it did not.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

yeah the fact that that was changed to the current system from G1 is dumb. OT was fine, and noone complained about it ever, and they changed it to the dumb mess this is.

this has been happening since overtime was created by g1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:18 AM, DiVaice_ said:

Dear, Little Orbit, you have been owning the game for 2 years and I want to ask few questions. Hope, you will response detailed. Also, I'm asking players to fill my list of problems if I forgot something.

1)Are you really trying to make the game better or you don't care about live version? Seriously, for the whole time of you owning APB you made only few good updates, at the same time, you made some bugs into the game that you haven't nerfed yet.
2)Why can't you focus on the problems that you're able to fix with the current engine. I'm not talking about bad optimization that is not possible to fix on the current engine. I'm talking about gameplay problems

• 1.Problems with modifications. For example spotter (example) or Radar Tower in the car that can make you visible no matter how far you're staying from the car.
  • 2. Terrible spawn system. Sometimes Spawn points disappear from the map. Sometimes opponents can spawn 10m from you or spawn points that make you instantly able to defend the point with long range weapon.
  • 3.Bounty system. Absolutely useless system that only bothers. Just delete it while     you can't find a better solution. I lost so many missions because one random kid     decided to come for me and kill me that makes me losing my position.
  • 4.Missions. At the moment there's only one balanced final stage - deathmatch,       every other finale depends on RNG. The VIP stage is the most terrible should be     removed from the game and replaced with any other final stage. There's also a big     problem with time on some stages.For example, on one stage where you need to     raid 2 doors and grab 2 small items and drop it at the same stage has 10 minutes     while the same stage but with two medium items has only 7 minutes. Most of final     stages such as item hold or points don't have enough time. It's just nearly        impossible to comeback without overtime. These finals should have 10 mins time    and ends up when one of the side gets the maximum amount of score. Final stage     with item drop is a joke. Some missions always have drop points 400m+ and have     only 3 minutes for a stage. If you want to comeback, you have to kill the whole team     that takes a lot of effort, take the item and come to your point, kill the opponent     team again if they're on the point and then drop the item. It takes more than 3     minutes usually.
  • 5.Vehicles. Most of them are useless. Everyone now running 4x4 Vegas or Pioneer/Espacio. Why don't make vehicles that is supposed to be top tier (Bishada/Jericho) having the same stats as 4x4. It will work basically as weapon reskins. 
  • 6.Bugs. UI bug that you made into the game with the autumn assault event. Being unable to make a car object until you push it by your car (example). Also at car-park most of the time any car point almost always explode. There're more bugs that difficult to remember.

3)Also, almost any modern f2p project has only cosmetic things in their ingame stores that doesn't affect the gameplay, I have no idea why you're still going with that old fashion that makes thinking every newbie that the game is hard p2w. Also you trying to fix some weapons from contacts but u didn't try to fix their analog from armas.

4)Weapon balance. You're listening to the players who don't play the game on high skill level. Me and some of the russian players daily playing arranged and sometimes we play in the prototype district. Changes you're making to the shotguns don't make sense. You and most of the players who sits on forums don't understand how huge impact JG or CSG can provide with cornercamping or with cargameplay. You just kill every other cqc gun except maybe PMG. While NTEC gets a good change, not this garbage you made before that completely destroy the only one decent f2p Assault Rifle.
5)Terrible EU servers. Server latency jumping like crazy.
6)Player support. Why don't you want to support players that makes their own event. For example tournament that  is going to happen. I tried to contact Matt about the tournaments but he doesn't care about it. Innova had supported tournaments or other events from players. You could type the special command in the chat to start the specific mission and instantly get the opposition.
Don't need to write that you're busy with the new engine. While upgrading the engine you made 3 pointless events that died in 2 days each one and RIOT that was an unfunny joke.

bounty system is not useless, its apart of the game, if u not like it then its not our problem, if 1 person think its useless it doesent means it should be removed. you are not the angel on earth and also nothing special,  just see the bounty system belongs to the game and basta.

Edited by Hawkysoft
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:32 PM, Solamente said:

this has been happening since overtime was created by g1

However, it wasn't this broken before until they had touched overtime 1-2x  from 2016-2018 though. Yeah glitches still happened and there were some "wierd" rules. But before they made changes to it back then, you could be losing in a 3 point hold, both teams have 1 point, and you start "taking" one, and the mission wouldn't end instantly and you still had a chance to win. The current overtime rules ARE broken and generally give NO chance to turn a match around.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:38 PM, Hawkysoft said:

bounty system is not useless, its apart of the game, if u not like it then its not our problem, if 1 person think its useless it doesent means it should be removed. you are not the angel on earth and also nothing special,  just see the bounty system belongs to the game and basta.

G1 and possibly LO have said they want to touch up the bounty system or even remove it in some way, but they didn't know the best way to go about doing so or what to implement instead. Just saying

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

However, it wasn't this broken before until they had touched overtime 1-2x  from 2016-2018 though. Yeah glitches still happened and there were some "wierd" rules. But before they made changes to it back then, you could be losing in a 3 point hold, both teams have 1 point, and you start "taking" one, and the mission wouldn't end instantly and you still had a chance to win. The current overtime rules ARE broken and generally give NO chance to turn a match around.

G1 and possibly LO have said they want to touch up the bounty system or even remove it in some way, but they didn't know the best way to go about doing so or what to implement instead. Just saying

+1 Most of the time when actually making a comeback you don't even go into overtime...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nivo said:

+1 Most of the time when actually making a comeback you don't even go into overtime...

That's why the mission should be ended when someone reach the cap of points.

15 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Meh the bounty system doesn't really bother me, can be annoying in intense situations but for the most part there are other parts of apb that should be looked at first.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this