Sign in to follow this  
IamLag

APB Ran out of memory

Hi, I heard that other people also have this issue were apb just crash and say APB ran out of memory 

Here my pc build 

- I7-4790k

- 16gb ram

- Gtx 1660ti

- Windows 10 64bit

is there any fix? 

thanks in advance

Unfortunately that is due to how the Nvidia drivers handle memory for Turing GPUs (RTX 2000 and GTX 1600 series) on 32 bit applications/games. Until Nvidia addresses this issue, the only fix would be to make APB a 64 bit application, which will happen with the Engine Upgrade.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:07 AM, heelruby said:

Unfortunately that is due to how the Nvidia drivers handle memory for Turing GPUs (RTX 2000 and GTX 1600 series) on 32 bit applications/games. Until Nvidia addresses this issue, the only fix would be to make APB a 64 bit application, which will happen with the Engine Upgrade.

i dont think its a nvidia issue, i just had this started happening today , i was on last week all week with no issues, then monday, no issues, tuesday, no issues, didnt play wends, didnt play thurs, played today, 4 crash to desktop with out of memory messages so i doupt its a driver thing, @MattScott help us plz

Here my pc build 

- I7-4820k 3.7GHz

- 16gb ram

- Gtx 970

- Windows 7 home 64bit

Edited by ShaiShai

1 hour ago, ShaiShai said:

i dont think its a nvidia issue, i just had this started happening today , i was on last week all week with no issues, then monday, no issues, tuesday, no issues, didnt play wends, didnt play thurs, played today, 4 crash to desktop with out of memory messages so i doupt its a driver thing, @MattScott help us plz

Here my pc build 

- I7-4820k 3.7GHz

- 16gb ram

- Gtx 970

- Windows 7 home 64bit

What type out of out of memory message are you getting? One that just pops up with the game in the background or one that is part of the APBCatcher process that lets you submit a report for the crash? The pop up message without the Catcher is a specific Out of Memory issue related to the Nvidia GTX 1660 and 2000 series that is avoidable by running the game on minimal settings (or for some users even lower). If it is however the crash that comes with the inbuilt APB crash reporter then that might mean that something is wrong with your rig as this crash is often related to faulty RAM or not having enough RAM.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:16 AM, IamLag said:

Hi, I heard that other people also have this issue were apb just crash and say APB ran out of memory 

Here my pc build 

- I7-4790k

- 16gb ram

- Gtx 1660ti

- Windows 10 64bit

is there any fix? 

thanks in advance

Like I mentioned above the fix for this is lowering your graphics settings ingame to Minimal or possibly even a custom config that goes below Minimal graphics.

Edited by Frosi

33 minutes ago, Frosi said:

What type out of out of memory message are you getting? One that just pops up with the game in the background or one that is part of the APBCatcher process that lets you submit a report for the crash? The pop up message without the Catcher is a specific Out of Memory issue related to the Nvidia GTX 1660 and 2000 series that is avoidable by running the game on minimal settings (or for some users even lower). If it is however the crash that comes with the inbuilt APB crash reporter then that might mean that something is wrong with your rig as this crash is often related to faulty RAM or not having enough RAM.

Like I mentioned above the fix for this is lowering your graphics settings ingame to Minimal or possibly even a custom config that goes below Minimal graphics.

i got both, one that gave me a option to submit the error and then one that gave me a clickbox that said "ok" and closed apb