Sign in to follow this  
Sirocco

Actual system requirements of the game on 2020 year

Hello guys.🤗

I did not find on the site or forum the current system requirements for the game for 2019-2020. If they are any, and I missed them, please show.

Me interested in RAM.(random access memory) Everywhere they write that the minimum requirements are 3-4 gigabytes. I have just 4 gigabytes, but the game freezes during the transition to different parts of the city. I plan to buy more RAM, and I need to understand how much is needed.

Another small question, is a swap file necessary for a correct game? Or can I turn it off.

If I did create the theme where no needed it, move it where necessary. Thanks for earlier the for answers and help.😇

Edited by Sirocco

4gb Ram its not enough^^  i think 8 its enough  i have 16 gb and i dont have any problems

• Thanks 1

4gb would be enough to run only apb but ofc you need more for background programs, so 8gb is the minimum requirement afaik

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the 8GB "minimum" suggestion. 16GB+ should be used if you want to move APB's cache and logs to a RAM drive for (slightly) better performance and less SSD wear. 

As for the swap/paging file I recommend that you leave the settings on their default position, of course a swapfile is no substitute for RAM but having it can make so that programs at least slow down rather than crash, should they run out of memory. I have never seen any gains from turning it off for APB. 

Edited by Mojibaked
  • Thanks 1

So far I've only seen "benchmarks" that run "ok" on i9 9900ks and 1080. Surely someone who tests the game has somewhat average hardware and can share performance..the fact they don't means it's probably far worse than on 9900ks and 1080

You don't need swap/pagefile with 16gb  ram for gaming but you can still allocate 2-3gb just in case(preferably on a mechanical drive)

Just make sure you have a good cpu, this game runs like crap.

• Thanks 1

4GB of RAM is the maximum limit of 32 Bit programs.  APB is 32 Bit and as such will only use up to 4GB of RAM.  Nobody uses 32Bit anymore however so you should definitely have more than 4GB of RAM in your system in todays world, assuming you have a 64Bit OS.

RxInVJn.png

Have been the specs for APB for the last 10 years, though if you're asking about APB 2.1, those specs are unknown at this time.

• Thanks 1

well apb take 2gb ram right  but still its not only apb what need ram.......for me its 7gb how much its take with apb 

3 hours ago, Xantia said:

well apb take 2gb ram right 

If you look at the post directly above you, you will see that minimum is 3gb. Meaning any under will not run well. APB should not take 4gb. I did some tests with my PC analytics and running APB with no other program running, and it takes about 3.5-4gb max like that site says. Noting that I have a 32gb system.

3 hours ago, Xantia said:

for me its 7gb how much its take with apb 

Something's very wrong there.

• Thanks 1

"System requirements for APB" ?

Yea u need a GPU OLDER than RTX cards  (if u got nvidia) 😁

You should run at least 8gb RAM or the game will crash out of memory (yea bla.. 32bit... just 4gb Ram bla... but it crashes 😉 ) after some time and district changes.

Waterfront is crashing more often than Financial cuz somehow it needs more RAM.

If u are going to upgrade ur system than i'll recommend minimal 16gb RAM kit... 

So u can also run newer games.

U don't really need more than 16gb at the moment (as a "normal" user)

Edited by HighSociety
  • Thanks 1

Currently you need a CPU with a beefy single core to run this game properly. 

Not sure about the ram. I remember running it even on 2GB RAM few years ago. It was horrible but that was probably mostly due to bad CPU and GPU.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the feedback!😊

By its my own feelings, most friezes are precisely due to lack of RAM. When I put the minimum requirements by "Advanced APB Launcher" large friezes cease.

I know about the processor, but there are much less lags from it than from HDD and RAM on my iron.

Edited by Sirocco

3 hours ago, Sirocco said:

Thanks all for the feedback!😊

By its my own feelings, most friezes are precisely due to lack of RAM. When I put the minimum requirements by "Advanced APB Launcher" large friezes cease.

I know about the processor, but there are much less lags from it than from HDD and RAM on my iron.

The advanced launcher offers settings with smaller texture size but that should have more of an effect on the VRAM rather than the system RAM.

Sign in to follow this