Sign in to follow this  
DumSAS

RIOT back when?

Tbh I really enjoyed RIOT gamemode. It wasn't easy to understand at first but the tutorial did its job and helped alot. After first game, I gotta admit, it was a bit wacky for me. But after several games I understood that the gamemode is really cool iteriation of Battle Royale game mode but in APB. It had a really thought thru gameplay and cool dynamic. Sad that you had to remove RIOT, but I think it would be cool to see that gamemode back again. Lets be honest, not that much people play on experimental and even less give feedback about it. Furthermore I think RIOT might be more popular just because servers are merged now and online there might be pretty decent. Please bring RIOT back

Yeahh....

Just... LO Add better rewards, no one want to join for it uff

• Like 1

tl;dr - riot sucked and would require massive changes to actually be viable 

• Thanks 1

It is probably the only thing that I have missed in my 3-4 years of absence and seems like no one liked it anyway xD

Idk if I should consider myself lucky or not. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Never. 

Why not?

Basically is well done, the matter is why a player have to join for just some random skin?

I see  a lot of potential on it for example:

• they may do it available just at some days or weekends, as map for COMPETITIVE GAMEPLAYS OR CLAN WARS

-who win gain something better than just random skins, for ex. some random weapon for 1 week

-joker tickets

-Consistent rewards from 25k apb $ or above

-Clans with more  wins streak/victories in a month,  get his name in Social in proper hall of honor and may sell/buy for 15 days without tax fee

I have just throw away some idea, but surely a develop team may come with something really amazing and creative, your develop team surely spent a lot time for making this gamemod, DON'T SURRENDER AND FIND A WAY for making it attractive to MAX

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

It is probably the only thing that I have missed in my 3-4 years of absence and seems like no one liked it anyway xD

Idk if I should consider myself lucky or not. 

it was more popular where there was high enough population for RIOT

NA did not have enough population to play so those of us who wanted to couldnt

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

as Solamente pointed out a rework would be needed.

theres enough videos that showed why however i do not know where those videos are (someone else may know)

2 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

as map for COMPETITIVE GAMEPLAYS OR CLAN WARS

nothing about battle royales are competitive, the entire game mode is based on rng

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Why not?

Basically is well done, the matter is why a player have to join for just some random skin?

I see  a lot of potential on it for example:

• they may do it available just at some days or weekends, as map for COMPETITIVE GAMEPLAYS OR CLAN WARS

-who win gain something better than just random skins, for ex. some random weapon for 1 week

-joker tickets

-Consistent rewards from 25k apb $ or above

-Clans with more  wins streak/victories in a month,  get his name in Social in proper hall of honor and may sell/buy for 15 days without tax fee

I have just throw away some idea, but surely a develop team may come with something really amazing and creative, your develop team surely spent a lot time for making this gamemod, DON'T SURRENDER AND FIND A WAY for making it attractive to MAX

I didn't enjoy it. 

It's just my opinion, homie. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

nothing about battle royales are competitive, the entire game mode is based on rng

Agreed!, but what we have to tell also a good teamwork may make some substantial difference than just blunt rng

Surely need some rework, but in my weak opinion, what doesnt make the riot liked from the community were weak rewards and game Voip isnt still working .

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I didn't enjoy it. 

It's just my opinion, homie. 

I respect it, just I didnt know the reason, homie

Just now, PingOVER9000 said:

Agreed!, but what we have to tell also a good teamwork may make some substantial difference than just blunt rng

Surely need some rework, but in my weak opinion, what doesnt make the riot liked from the community were weak rewards and game Voip isnt still working .

I respect it, just I didnt know the reason, homie

Crazy boring. 

Terrible map. 

Gassed blocks was a terrible mechanic.

So many guns found were trash. 

and worst of all

they let you use your own weapons

but more than anything, its was slow and boring

• Like 1

Anarchy was like 10x times better than RhIOT, let's bring that back (with tweaks) instead

• Like 3

Just now, Acornie said:

Anarchy was like 10x times better than RhIOT, let's bring that back (with tweaks) instead

seconded

bet it wouldn't take a year to be (un)playable either

Always said that RIOT should've been regular action districts but with new riot-themed missions.

Would've probably worked out a LOT better than the cheap attempt to hop on the battle royale hype train which wasn't actually hyped anymore at that time.

RIOT was IMO much more thought tru game mode, in opposite to classic battle royals. As said in NA server, Nekrova wanted to play it aswell, but we just didnt have online for that. Might be more people after merge on this mode. Also LO might add some more valuable rewards like a rebuyable weapon from contacts or something. I personally think that RIOT district would have much bigger online than current "weapon test" one. Like come on, you do have separate BPE server, why would you bring beta on live one and shut down a good well made gamemode? @MattScott and team, please do consider returning RIOT back

I thought it was an interesting and fun game mode.

Although RIOT requires quite alot of polish to make it a solid game mode for APB. It had quite a few issues and didnt attract many players.

• Like 1

Remove the fact that u can unlock ur own loadout and it is actually fun to play

On 1/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, Solamente said:

And even if it was great it would split the NA population even more making it even harder to play certain mission districts.

Edited by illgot

2 hours ago, illgot said:

And even if it was great it would split the NA population even more making it even harder to play certain mission districts.

so like any other event like the holidays

On 1/14/2020 at 12:40 AM, CookiePuss said:

Crazy boring. 

Terrible map. 

Gassed blocks was a terrible mechanic.

So many guns found were trash. 

and worst of all

they let you use your own weapons

but more than anything, its was slow and boring

Sorry if I am answering now.

I have to tell the several times I have tried the riot when the weapons between the teams were more and less fair, the matchup was quite balanced, it was fun.

I am agree with your points, especially with that one many of the weapons available are trash, but in your opinion if they start fix something, starting maybe with just selecting competitive weapons(and adding better rewards) , may be a start for making good this modality?

On 1/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Solamente said:

I am quite agree with you, but  I guess what they designed with this modality it was more close to a survival gaming, a little more rng or luck in these matchup is normal, I suppose at least..

Bye

The "city under siege" versions of the city districts were pretty well made and looked fresh. Hopefully they will bring those back at some points but with another gamemode.

If Riot return like i suggest here..

gonna be a banger..otherwise no point of returnin of this fortnite-try lookin crap

I honestly wish they removed it entirely. It upsets me that they were faster to remove the bounty system than taking away that silly and ugly contact with its icons and everything related to it which is absolutely ugly and doesn't fit with the game aesthetics or lore at all imo.

This thread gotta be someone who participated on its design trolling us or actually willing to have this game mode back, I'm not sure which one is worst, lol. 😛

Edited by Salvick
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this