MattScott

Server Maintenance 01/10/2020 - local Europe districts

Server ms constantly spiking causing warps, latency is around 60ms in populated districts. Can we expect to see improvement on this? @MattScott

41 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Can we expect a server in Germany again ? i live in France and i want my 8ms back 645199338758340628.png

Also +1 on Germany servers

Edited by Mystical
  • Like 1

I think you need to fix your servers. Yesterday night after the maintenance i had 90-100ms. Today morning it's 46-94ms and is spiking randomly. One moment i have 92ms and after a second it's 52ms.  

And +1 for servers in Germany.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ketog said:

unknown.png

Can we expect a server in Germany again ? i live in France and i want my 8ms back 645199338758340628.png

Servers in Germany are HORRIBLE, They made the best choice by going to NL.

30 minutes ago, NL Team Zero Nl said:

Most games have EU servers in Germany so I don't see how this is horrible. It is perfect from geographical standpoint.

And it is not like the current servers are performing any better either. 

44 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Most games have EU servers in Germany so I don't see how this is horrible. It is perfect from geographical standpoint.

And it is not like the current servers are performing any better either. 

You figured this out after 1 day already ?

17 minutes ago, NL Team Zero Nl said:

You figured this out after 1 day already ?

Other people are having the same issue as me so it seems about right. 

1 hour ago, NL Team Zero Nl said:

nf49iST.png

23 hours ago, MattScott said:

District servers are all located in the Netherlands but in a different (better) data center than we were hosting in before. We can run multiple districts per physical server.

The new architecture was designed to allow us to add new district servers in different locations in the future (similar to what we're doing with LA and NY for Jericho).

thx for the reply 🙂

Threat districts will be returning as soon as we have enough local EU servers to support them.

The key is that no threat is currently awful for newer players. We need better match making capabilities to eliminate thread districts, and that wont happen till APB 2.1 (Engine Upgrade).

Right now we play on free for all districts with visible threats and matches are based on whoever is available right?So i suggest this type of districts to stay and after threat districts are back(green,bronze,silver,gold)players can join only the threat that correspond to them.So every player can choose if gonna play hes threat districts or gonna play the free for all districts.I know we have like 600 players only but still new/T players gonna be able to choose green dist. and play with each other even if theyr little people(or choose the free 4 all dist.)Otherwise if old way returns new players gonna have to play in bronze dist. again where experienced high rank silvers(fake golds)still gonna farm them like before.

edit again:

So how i see it..For example in EU server - ur silver - u log in and go choose ur district.U can choose ur silver dist. where no more golds(only silvers or players who become gold/bronze but next time they log not gonna be able to choose ur dist.)or u can choose the free 4 all dist.(like we play right now)For EU gonna work and threat districts gonna function because we have more players than NA server.NA on other hand i guess all gonna have to choose the free 4 all districts because they have little players.Even so NA new players still gonna be able to choose the green dist. and avoid to jump right on the free 4 all dist. even for a short period of time

p.s. sry for my english

Edited by TheMessiah

We are working with the new provider to optimize routes into the data center.

We added another circuit around 12am GMT, which is why there were drops on Citadel districts.

Let's see how things run over the next couple days.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bring back the trit to the areas !!!

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Right now we play on free for all districts with visible threats and matches are based on whoever is available right?

matchmaking is still in effect even in non-segregated districts

In your opinion for next week the situation will be more stable? 

On 1/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, MattScott said:

We are working with the new provider to optimize routes into the data center.

We added another circuit around 12am GMT, which is why there were drops on Citadel districts.

Let's see how things run over the next couple days.

Me and my friend have pretty much same ping in every game ~60ms, he lives 12km from my place. Somehow since servers are back in europe, he has 50-70ms now in APB while i have 85-130ms for some weird reason. Can i ofc get some help with the problem?

27 minutes ago, SA58-para said:

Me and my friend have pretty much same ping in every game ~60ms, he lives 12km from my place. Somehow since servers are back in europe, he has 50-70ms now in APB while i have 85-130ms for some weird reason. Can i ofc get some help with the problem?

You might want to check with your ISP. 

Sounds like it may be a routing issue. 

44 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You might want to check with your ISP. 

Sounds like it may be a routing issue. 

What exactly do i have to tell them? That i have 100ms instead of 60ms only in one of the games i play? They don't see anything as a problem unless you have completely lost connection so i doubt they will even lift a finger.

1 minute ago, SA58-para said:

What exactly do i have to tell them? That i have 100ms instead of 60ms only in one of the games i play? They don't see anything as a problem unless you have completely lost connection so i doubt they will even lift a finger.

Ive no other solution to offer other than an attempt to improve your routing. 

Unless what you are experiencing is just a side effect of the current server issues as opposed to a persistent problem, I'm afraid I can't help. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, SA58-para said:

This probably has to do with your own routing , Nothing APB can fix.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:52 AM, CookiePuss said:

Ive no other solution to offer other than an attempt to improve your routing. 

Unless what you are experiencing is just a side effect of the current server issues as opposed to a persistent problem, I'm afraid I can't help. 

This exactly..

Since this got Necro'd I might as well complain about it here:
192c8427da.png

I was able to somewhat enjoy playing Citadel on occasion all the way from the U.S. but now with these server latency spikes it just feels so much worse. So many of the districts on both servers cannot keep the proper 33ms