MattScott

Server Maintenance 01/10/2020 - local Europe districts

Hi all,

We will be taking Europe worlds offline starting at 10pm UTC (2pm Pacific).

The plan is to take XB1 offline first so we can swap the districts to local Europe servers. That world has the lowest population, so it's easier for us to work the kinks out. We will test XB1, then bring that world online, and then move to the next. We anticipate it will take 1 hour per world to swap districts.

I know this maintenance is being done on a Friday at prime time, but the European players have waited long enough, and I want to get these servers online before the weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

But didn't you say the servers will be back Thursday? but i do hope they are back before the weekend.

Just now, Ashn said:

But didn't you say the servers will be back Thursday? but i do hope they are back before the weekend.

Yes. The hope was that we could patch late last night. That was pushed to this morning due to a licensing issue. Everything is cleared up now.

• Like 2

Just now, MattScott said:

Yes. The hope was that we could patch late last night. That was pushed to this morning due to a licensing issue. Everything is cleared up now.

I see, well thanks for the update! 

Finally, i can't wait to see how everything turns out!

• Like 1

We have 6 new servers on the West Coast and 7 new servers in Europe coming online today

where EU servers are located?all in same country or?and is server or district?

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

where EU servers are located?all in same country or?and is server or district?

District servers are all located in the Netherlands but in a different (better) data center than we were hosting in before. We can run multiple districts per physical server.

The new architecture was designed to allow us to add new district servers in different locations in the future (similar to what we're doing with LA and NY for Jericho).

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MattScott said:

District servers are all located in the Netherlands but in a different (better) data center than we were hosting in before. We can run multiple districts per physical server.

The new architecture was designed to allow us to add new district servers in different locations in the future (similar to what we're doing with LA and NY for Jericho).

Thank god it doesn't look like AWS

With the action districts being moved to Europe I assume we'll get our 20-30 ms ping back... question though, is it anything remaining on NY servers after this move? 

4 minutes ago, Basih said:

With the action districts being moved to Europe I assume we'll get our 20-30 ms ping back... question though, is it anything remaining on NY servers after this move? 

The NA players?

Just now, scian said:

The NA players?

They are quite specific with it being the action districts moving to Europe... what about social? Not that it matters really as action districts are the only that you need good connection on. 

3 minutes ago, Basih said:

They are quite specific with it being the action districts moving to Europe... what about social? Not that it matters really as action districts are the only that you need good connection on. 

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the eu playerbase prefers the action districts and maybe fc?And of course the sooner the better

25 minutes ago, Basih said:

We’re still missing a ton of servers for Europe, so Social will likely stay in NY for now.

• Like 1

Will Gold/silver/bronze districts return as well or? Hopefully not... The way it is now we're finally able to play almost 24/7 ❤️

• Like 2

Good news, however a bit of fair criticism: Please make sure that everything is properly planned out and ready to go before you do anything crazy in the future to avoid unacceptable incidents like this one.

25 minutes ago, Cuve said:

Will Gold/silver/bronze districts return as well or? Hopefully not... The way it is now we're finally able to play almost 24/7 ❤️

Sure, we can play 24/7 but at what cost? Everything else is horrible without threat segragation. The matchmaking is horrific and new players are quitting the game faster than ever due to getting completely destroyed by veterans and they have nowhere else to go and no choice but to keep fighting 10-year veterans over and over. The veterans on the other hand are sick and tired of playing against teams of trainees and bronzes all day long and they have nowhere to escape that either so they are likely to quit too (because contrary to popular opinion, good players actually do hate playing against new players and there is no fun in stomping them).

We absolutely need threat segragation back up at least until phasing is introduced. The way it was after the incident and until now is the worst APB's matchmaking has ever been.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cuve said:

1 hour ago, FluffyCat said:

Are we getting our threat districts back  too ? 

Threat districts will be returning as soon as we have enough local EU servers to support them.

The key is that no threat is currently awful for newer players. We need better match making capabilities to eliminate thread districts, and that wont happen till APB 2.1 (Engine Upgrade).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Threat districts will be returning as soon as we have enough local EU servers to support them.

The key is that no threat is currently awful for newer players. We need better match making capabilities to eliminate thread districts, and that wont happen till APB 2.1 (Engine Upgrade).

I really hope that because having new players among more pros that help them is better to leave them alone with dethreaters that just wanna farm them. We really need a lot more stuff ingame to support new players. 

Why i have 90-100ms while people say they have 3ms, 25ms etc? I'm in europe and my ping in most games is 40-60.

Hitreg seems to have taken a long vacation but it's nice to have normal ping in Financial/waterfront (20-35ms)

unknown.png

Can we expect a server in Germany again ? i live in France and i want my 8ms back 645199338758340628.png

• Like 3