Isyis

Return of Refer a Friend

Almost all of you remember this system called Refer a Friend, which is a simple system which gives you the option to invite a new player to the game and play missions together, and win points on each mission you win or everytime the referred friend rank up(?).
heart of the point is if you are going to bring it back, because I heard you are willing to, in which stage are you going to do so, because it helped a lot of people to get into the game and get interested more in it, in other words it's a valuable kickstarter which will interests a lot of players into coming back or joining the great community again, I am not denying that this system got abused a little, but the only reason of that is the lack of events and giveaways and content that was presented by gamersfirst.

PLEASE!

Written by: Recenite Posted June 19, 2018     Original post post: 

• Like 4

I'd be down for it to return. I think it would make more sense to launch it parallel to the engine upgrade as an extra incentive. You'd essentially reward people for testing the thing.

• Like 3

The system would need new rewards along with a bit of an overhaul to reward both players rather than just the one referring but yea I totally agree that something along the lines of refer a friend should definitely return in the future.

6 hours ago, Isyis said:

I am not denying that this system got abused a little

lmao

system created specifically to be abused so that g1 could pretend apb had better numbers when they sold this hunk of shit to the console publisher

• Like 1

lega, would be a great idea .. it was really a very good event, it helped a lot to grow the game while it lasted ..

the only reason refer a friend was implemented and allowed to be abused (in fact encouraged ) in the first place was to falsely represent the player base No.'s

and to assure  the playstation and xbox  contract ,re releasing it would be detrimental to the company at this stage ,but yeah it was purdy good for us at the time 

Edited by arkup

bring back . but with total control .

• Like 1

Yes, lets encourage even more premade stacks with smurf accounts. 

I don't want to be mean but that is really what will happen. 

Edited by HawtGirl

Refer A Frend was a failure with very good and unique rewards which prolly wont return again.

G1's attempt to gain more players,but at the end was just abused by alt accounts or even if there was new players.. they lasted only enough to complete event for a friend and poofed away

On 1/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Isyis said:

this system got abused a little

that system was abused a lot , and only if a new refer system was made that can not be exploited  , would i want a refer a friend back.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think it's sweet that we all came to this thread pretending we have friends. 

I do have friends that play games and some that do not , but the ones who are gamers , they already play so meh I cant use this

On a different note it would be nice if returning players got a reward somehow. the problem is on the current APB that really isn't doable with what we have

what else is there  that could actually encourage besides premium? a 50 stack for a  yellow mod maybe? i wish a 50 stack was available on armas too so i could stock up

On 1/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, Isyis said:

Almost all of you remember this system called Refer a Friend, which is a simple system which gives you the option to invite a new player to the game and play missions together, and win points on each mission you win or everytime the referred friend rank up(?).
heart of the point is if you are going to bring it back, because I heard you are willing to, in which stage are you going to do so, because it helped a lot of people to get into the game and get interested more in it, in other words it's a valuable kickstarter which will interests a lot of players into coming back or joining the great community again, I am not denying that this system got abused a little, but the only reason of that is the lack of events and giveaways and content that was presented by gamersfirst.

PLEASE!

Written by: Recenite Posted June 19, 2018     Original post post: 

The system was abused to no end and had to be removed due to so many ppl abusing it for self gain. It would be great if it was brought back but with this community itll just get abused again.

There has been a few exploits in APB's time but this was the biggest and most blatant abuse of a in game system, and GamesFirst were embarrassed to admit it but said the system was in beta so it wasn't their fault and no punishment was ever given because the number of people that did it was so high.

Those who did not abuse the system got no reward, and a half hearte... No it was a bullsh!t apology!

The only rules were that you can refer only 3 people 1 at a time and removing that friend would lose that referral reward.

There was no reward or reason for new players other than the referring friend themselves.

Who needs a reason (or R.A.F.) to recommend APB, when they would of anyway if they felt APB was good enough to recommend?

It was a bribe!

...Overall I STRONGLY disagree, It was NOT a kickstarter.

It didn't give incentive for people to try out APB for the first time, or to continue playing APB after joining.

It was an "incentive" for existing players to invite their friends at a reward. And with next to no rules, players referred complete random people in social district as friends!

The VBR Temptress and the Obeya CAP40-C NFCP 2 are things not to be proud of.

Edited by VickyFox

no u should never refer your friends to play this game right now. 

But there should be a new player reward system starting at R30 they get a gift starter pack rewards can come with character mods or weapon mods selector ( can't be trade), armas weapon selector 15 day trial, a new car, preset clothing or title. Each 20 ranks they get a pack in their mail till rank 160.

Almost the same as a tutorial system, but at least new players have the motivation to play and rank up, having nicer stuff quicker.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Isyis said:

I am not denying that this system got abused a little

That's a massive understatement. If you want to bring friends into the game, their presence should be the reward in itself.

12 hours ago, Deadliest said:

no u should never refer your friends to play this game right now. 

But there should be a new player reward system starting at R30 they get a gift starter pack rewards can come with character mods or weapon mods selector ( can't be trade), armas weapon selector 15 day trial, a new car, preset clothing or title. Each 20 ranks they get a pack in their mail till rank 160.

Almost the same as a tutorial system, but at least new players have the motivation to play and rank up, having nicer stuff quicker.

This is a good idea - as it rewards the new player rather than the already decked out existing player. 

That said, I'd love for the opportunity to get some of those RAF rewards via other means. I was probably the only dumb-patootie who tried to do RAF the "honest" way and wasn't able to get enough points to snag that sexy Mikro for my Enfo, would be nice if they were either put up on the JT store or added as some sort of other reward. (ARMAS loyalty maybe?).