Specia

What Are you Guys hopeing for with engine upgrade?

Something you Hope Will get better with the New upgrade comeing? 

I have moved this thread to the General Discussions section of our APB Reloaded Forums.

~@mayii

stable performance, since that’s the only thing the engine upgrade is for

Just now, Solamente said:

stable performance, since that’s the only thing the engine upgrade is for

Not just xbox playes still Dont have the newest Guns and clothes they Will get that too. 

3 minutes ago, Amayii said:

I have moved this thread to the General Discussions section of our APB Reloaded Forums.

~@mayii

Ofc thanks? 

17 minutes ago, Specia said:

Not just xbox playes still Dont have the newest Guns and clothes they Will get that too. 

Ofc thanks? 

You guys are already on the Engine Upgrade.  PC is the only APB that isn't on some form of the engine upgrade and console development is being held back by that fact.  Their goal right now is to consolidate all the platforms so they are all running the same version of the engine so they only have to develop for one version.

On Topic:  What I'm looking forward to is the possibility of them being able to update the game without always breaking something completely unrelated to what they changed.  Also prettier visuals.

• Like 1

I know not much but lighting and performance will change, but I hope to see weather events happening once it's all in place. Rain and snow in San Paro, with the new lighting would look great. Perhaps an increase on model detail, since most customization is barely visible on the current engine. And of course, better physics, and none of that cars getting stuck on invisible rocks or flipping over them/exploding.

Would be cool if we can get a API so link up some cool bots (discord etc)

I hope it comes and that it doesn't have to many bugs, but I doubt that.. 😐

Could you ask this question again when it's out? 

Edited by Caisey
typo

3 hours ago, Specia said:

Something you Hope Will get better with the New upgrade comeing? 

I think the proper question is IF it is coming at all.

I have been waiting for it since 2014 and it was a thing even before that.

Also the xbox version was god awful looking and with performance issues. Unless something has changed for those years, this is what we are going to get. 

I don't want to scare you but just just don't have your expectations high and take the game for what it is. 

Edited by HawtGirl

21 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I have been waiting for it since 2014 and it was a thing even before that.

Also the xbox version was god awful looking and with performance issues. Unless something has changed for those years, this is what we are going to get. 

I don't want to scare you but just just don't have your expectations high and take the game for what it is. 

More information and screenshots of the new engine in action right here:

And the thread Matt usually tries to update for us every weekend if possible:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tumblez said:

getting rid of cheaters and toxic spam. 

How? Name one game that has successfully managed this. It has to be an FPS.

Hint: Doesn't exist. It is an impossible task.

20 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

It's coming. I've played it.

Here are weekly updates on the development:

• Like 1

For it to finally kill the game so we can all move on with our lives.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

More information and screenshots of the new engine in action right here:

We had screenshots even back in the days but it never got any further than that. 

20 minutes ago, rooq said:

I've played it.

Really? Well that sounds way more promising but even with that any bug regarding customization or owned items can be a showstopper at any time even if the gameplay works. 

6 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

We had screenshots even back in the days but it never got any further than that. 

Really? Well that sounds way more promising but even with that any bug regarding customization or owned items can be a showstopper at any time even if the gameplay works. 

It is public information that all packages from current APB has been ported over to the engine upgrade - meaning that the same content exists across both versions.

All of the SPCT group are testing these things until the point where (I assume) testing on a large scale is sensible, or when the engine is ready for release.

It just makes little sense to release public builds that might be testing one feature, while all lighting is missing or the frame rate is atrocious. The average player is simply not capable of abstracting out that issue and focus on the matter at hand. At least that is my interpretation of why testing is performed behind closed doors for now.

Waiting sucks, but that's all we can do.

IMO it is better to release something good and stable late than to release something terrible early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rooq said:

It is public information that all packages from current APB has been ported over to the engine upgrade - meaning that the same content exists across both versions.

All of the SPCT group are testing these things until the point where (I assume) testing on a large scale is sensible, or when the engine is ready for release.

It just makes little sense to release public builds that might be testing one feature, while all lighting is missing or the frame rate is atrocious. The average player is simply not capable of abstracting out that issue and focus on the matter at hand. At least that is my interpretation of why testing is performed behind closed doors for now.

Waiting sucks, but that's all we can do.

IMO it is better to release something good and stable late than to release something terrible early.

The question is if it will ever be able to reach the quality of the current engine since if not, it will be kept hold back.

Speaking of which, what is your opinion abut the current build? Do you think it is almost there performance wise?

Just now, HawtGirl said:

The question is if it will ever be able to reach the quality of the current engine since if not, it will be kept hold back.

Speaking of which, what is your opinion abut the current build? Do you think it is almost there performance wise?

I'll have to refer you to the same thread as above. As soon as we are allowed to speak on such matters as individuals we definitely will.

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

the quality of the current engine

this is a very low bar

• Like 1

just so it finally opens up the game to actually have modern features and physics and mechanics such as

-Proper engine optimisations
-No more heavely modded Engine = Better performance
-Modern environement to work with, so content is just better quality, while easier to make
-Just a good base for any kind of developpement.

and even things like

-Clothing physics
-Movement revamp (imagine just being able to walk to a ladder and not have to press F)

The engine upgrade itself isn't content, but it's foundation for content.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tumblez said:

I have no ideas in this regard, other than for GMs to go full-on Spanish Inquisition, mercilessly whacking anyone and everyone even the least bit suspect. 

And you think this would result in fair treatment? Do you believe that an Overwatch system like in CSGO would be well run by a handful of people?
Who would you trust to make those distinctions?

What kind of experience would you expect from them?

Would you feel justified in potentially falsely banning someone with thousands of hours and dollars invested in the game?

The Overwatch system only works because it is accompanied by an insanely sophisticated machine learning based system known as VACnet.

There's a good talk on that here: http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2018/video/S8732/

In short: there is no solution. You can only try your best and hope that is good enough.

Good RTS games do not have cheaters. Same goes for MOBAs. Due to computing limitations, transfer limitations etc.. That standard of anti-cheat simply is not feasible for FPS. This issue will not be solved in the foreseeable future in any game. Get your expectations in check for APB.

• Thanks 1

CLAN WARS..

Seriously, LO give a sense to clans......

• Like 2

Kevlar 3 buff and concursion grenade nerf!

More Thongs and microkini 

Edited by Todesklinge
  • Like 2