WaIeed007

So..about engine upgrade

Yup another one of these..so how many more decades till we get the update? 

Edited by Artorius_

I think it will happen during the current decade.

But then again, Late Orbit might prove me wrong and not getting it out during 2020.

Edited by Saxtus
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA VI gets released before APB engine upgrade

• Like 3

Just now, DeadPixels said:

Well, SPCT was going to be given a new build around this time, according to Matt, so it is likely that it's soon. But you never know, lol

give them a chance.

when the bought hte game they found out g1 hadn't even started the engine upgrade they lied.

LO have basically have had to rewrite it themselves. they had to have time to learn the game first and get started.

i have faith in them they're getting it done

• Like 1

I feel like the only reason this game is sill holding is because people are still waiting for the engine update. I mean, just think about it from a marketing standpoint. What happens if the engine update comes and it ends up being bad? There will be nothing to look forward.

Anyway, idk how competent the new team is but seems like history is repeating itself so far. X delayed because of Y and so on to infinity. 

45 minutes ago, postalgril said:

give them a chance.

when the bought hte game they found out g1 hadn't even started the engine upgrade they lied.

LO have basically have had to rewrite it themselves. they had to have time to learn the game first and get started.

i have faith in them they're getting it done

"G1 hadn't even started the engine upgrade."

"LO basically had to rewrite it themselves"

Something doesn't add up here.

59 minutes ago, postalgril said:

That is not true. The console versions are running on K2's engine upgrade, more or less.

the first thing i do when i turn my pc on every evening has been to open three tabs on my web browser for the last one and a half years. one is spotify, the other one is youtube and the last one is https://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/6-social-district-general-discussion/ in hopes of seeing some good news on the engine upgrade. it has become something like a superstition for me. or how would i describe it, like the first thing you do when you get in your car before you start the engine... idk. i have hope. more like an unyielding pertinacity.

idk man. this game has turned me cynical but i still believe somehow. they'll deliver.

Edited by PoshDoll
  • Like 1

"By end of 2018."
"By end of 2019."

Soon: "By end of 2020."

8 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

More likely it isn't much better than GTA V, most likely still the same shitty game mechanics and unbalanced weapons.

46 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

"By end of 2018."
"By end of 2019."

Soon: "By end of 2020."

You mean Q1 2014.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

I feel like the only reason this game is sill holding is because people are still waiting for the engine update

nope APB is APB some customize cars some customize symbols some like trying to drive on top of buildings in interesting ways

some are waiting for horses....

5 hours ago, rooq said:

That is not true. The console versions are running on K2's engine upgrade, more or less.

i believe that was reference to the pc version

Fun fact; It has taken longer to upgrade the game engine than it took to create the entire game from scratch on its current engine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

nope APB is APB some customize cars some customize symbols some like trying to drive on top of buildings in interesting ways

I mean it is fun and all but there has to be new content going to keep it fresh. 

It is no longer a mainstream game either. GTA5 may sux but that is what people are playing (if at all) unfortunately.

Rumors has it, that GTA VI is gonna release on next gen consoles. Should be somewhere end 2021 or early 2022. Anyone wanna place bets which gets released earlier? APB Engine Upgrade or GTA VI? :^) 

They are porting APB to the Source 3 engine and it will be released the same day as Half Life 3.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:05 AM, Saxtus said:

I think it will happen during the current decade.

But then again, Late Orbit might prove me wrong and not getting it out during 2020.

I'm not sure APB can survive another decade in it's current state.

Little Orbit vs Rockstar! When GTA 6 comes out, APB will then release their engine upgrade, and the game will have better graphic than GTA...

Vice City.

would it not be better to just put the new build on the otw and let as many people try it out to give them more feed back than just a few spct?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

would it not be better to just put the new build on the otw and let as many people try it out to give them more feed back than just a few spct?

I think that is the intent once the engine upgrade is stable enough to do so.

Another factor is that the average player wouldn't be able to look past glaring issues. Imagine getting builds with terrible frame rates (this is often the case in game development) would you be able to look past that in order to identify things of importance?

• Like 1