blockblack

It's been so long...

It's been like a month now since the Citadel got moved to New York, as a Citadel player before the servers were moved I was getting 50~60 ms ping, Now I am getting around 300 ms average which is unplayable for me, When will the servers be back to normal state? STOP giving fake promises!

• Like 1

Here is the most recent information regarding the EU servers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Here is the most recent information regarding the EU servers.

So will the EU servers be back on friday?

10 minutes ago, blockblack said:

So will the EU servers be back on friday?

try asking again

I used to have 70, now i have 130 ms. How did you get from 50~60 ms to 300 is mystery..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

in this case, 300 MS is a LIE . I will assume that the player sees lower indicators during dips or switches .

33 minutes ago, yood said:

in this case, 300 MS is a LIE . I will assume that the player sees lower indicators during dips or switches .

Not necessarily, it depends on the routing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get like 100ms and even though it is still much, I remember worse in the past where my char couldn't even stay still behind a corner most of the time. 

300 ms is unrealistically high for NA location so maybe there is more to the story.  

4 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I get like 100ms and even though it is still much, I remember worse in the past where my char couldn't even stay still behind a corner most of the time. 

300 ms is unrealistically high for NA location so maybe there is more to the story.  

Agreed. If this player resides in the US and gets 300ms to New York, he likely has the same issue as me... poor routing.

Im getting between 170ms and 300ms from Chicago to New York, but that is an issue with my ISP, not APB.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Agreed. If this player resides in the US and gets 300ms to New York, he likely has the same issue as me... poor routing.

Im getting between 170ms and 300ms from Chicago to New York, but that is an issue with my ISP, not APB.

I mean I am in EU and even in other games I get 150ms max to american servers and my connection isn't anything special compared to speeds nowadays. Only when I log in to something like korea I get like 300 ms. So yeah, it may be the ISP but it may be a problem with specific location too. 

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my 1ms from Montreal ! xD Feels unreal and super responsive ! 

its apb - when does anything ever go perfectly as planned?

its going slower than anticipated and certain 3rd parties are goofs

sigh lets face it though , the sooner this is done right the better.

and the Australians are still laughing at all of you when they have it worse and still kill you

8 hours ago, heelruby said:

Not necessarily 

Necessarily. it's simple math .

4 hours ago, Tumblez said:

Surely many of us are now simply accustomed to the aspect of false promises in regards to this game. Company after company, year after year... here I am still waiting for the mythical engine upgrade. 

are you saying all the posts the SPCT team made were lies?

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

are you saying all the posts the SPCT team made were lies?

If you've seen what I've seen, would that really surprise you?

4 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

If you've seen what I've seen, would that really surprise you?

awww man... that hurts

79maaAz.gif

This is APB

Where everything planned well goes wrong and everyone (including me) Keeps complaining about the game from how cancerous the NFAS is to how bad the optimization and servers are...

On 1/6/2020 at 6:13 PM, yood said:

I had 60ms on Citadel EU, I started getting 300ms with packet loss because of wrong connection path. Instead of connecting me to the Citadel through europe and atlantic ocean, it connects through the Asia. So, I have to use vpn to have 120ms

17 hours ago, Lign said:

I had 60ms on Citadel EU, I started getting 300ms with packet loss because of wrong connection path. Instead of connecting me to the Citadel through europe and atlantic ocean, it connects through the Asia. So, I have to use vpn to have 120ms

packet loss in 99 % of cases is a private problem of the user . the average difference in ping of the citadel and Jericho 100 -115 ms subject to the availability of Internet in 100 Mbit / s . 

if you have more powerful Internet you will get less latency .

1 hour ago, yood said:

packet loss in 99 % of cases is a private problem of the user . the average difference in ping of the citadel and Jericho 100 -115 ms subject to the availability of Internet in 100 Mbit / s . 

if you have more powerful Internet you will get less latency .

Download speed doesn't affect your connection, you can play on 10mbit/s and have 10ms if you're close to the server

2 hours ago, Lign said:

Download speed doesn't affect your connection, you can play on 10mbit/s and have 10ms if you're close to the server

delirium

3 hours ago, yood said:

delirium

check how much it downloads during the game in full district (13.04KB/sec)

4e499a8956ea4c85bac53333350ff64f.png

4 hours ago, Lign said:

check how much it downloads during the game in full district (13.04KB/sec)

the load on areas is not a user problem . 

Ping is the response time of your computer to a request, the amount of time it takes for a packet sent from your computer to travel to another computer on the network and return.

will the response speed decrease as the Internet settings increase ?