NotTheEnforcer

Lost access to 2FA, cant even log in to send a support ticket

Send an email to support@gamersfirst.com to create a ticket, add the needed info preferably.

They will help you further out.

• Thanks 1

you’ll have to make another account and confirm ownership of your main with support afaik

i recommend using authy for 2fa in the future, as it’s easier to recover access in most cases

or just not use 2fa at all tbh, not like it actually does much for apb

I thought the answer to this would be common sense. But I guess not.

You lost access to your account because of 2FA not working or you lost access to your phone? If its the first try pressing the sync time option on the 2FA app.

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

or just not use 2fa at all tbh, not like it actually does much for apb

APB has nothing to do with it. 2FA is a very simple thing: It prevents account access without the 2FA device. If it's available to be used, you'd be an idiot to not use it.

30 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

APB has nothing to do with it. 2FA is a very simple thing: It prevents account access without the 2FA device. If it's available to be used, you'd be an idiot to not use it.

i see no reason to add extra problems for myself via getting locked out of my own account, if someone really wants to brute force my account on a dead game they're more than welcome

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

i see no reason to add extra problems for myself via getting locked out of my own account, if someone really wants to brute force my account on a dead game they're more than welcome

Unless you either:

- enter your credentials on a phishing site,

- database gets hacked or stolen, (still got luck here if the password itself in the db is encrypted or salted/hashed)

Which are both pretty rare, but not unheard of.

You really don't need 2FA if you also have a solid 21+ random character password that may change around 30ish days. For that I recommend either KeePass or LastPass to maintain those passwords. You barely use it anywhere and if you need it you can copy it form your preferred password manager.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, Raichu said:

You lost access to your account because of 2FA not working or you lost access to your phone? If its the first try pressing the sync time option on the 2FA app.

Switched phones and for whatever reason the App doesnt transfer the info when downloading the cloud backup. Sent an email to support. If a mod could close that'd be good

Thread has been closed as per OP's request.

~@mayii