postalgril

its not fair that bronzes still arent allowed to play

28 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Only if you are fighting another premade team of the same size. Otherwise it is easy mode. 

I won't deny that playing in a team against a group of randos is an advantage. I don't think anyone would.

But APB was designed to be social, to make friends and play with them. Even without winning, there is nothing more fun than playing with friends, For that reason alone it's worth doing.

Edited by CookiePuss

Play in Fight Club ... best place to chill - no one cares about your score - you can always find some one to back stab 👹

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

So you are saying you don't have to be good to be gold but just to have friends who can carry you. Got it.

I mean being gold isn't THAT hard as you make it out to be. A little effort and a little teamwork auto results in gold. Stop being so delusional and over dramatic about it.

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

I mean being gold isn't THAT hard as you make it out to be. A little effort and a little teamwork auto results in gold. Stop being so delusional and over dramatic about it.

I have been there. Just saying having such a big skill gap between the ranks is not healthy for anyone. 

Even within the gold rank the skill gap is too big. You may get golds that are too easy to kill or impossible to hit.

Edited by HawtGirl

22 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I have been there. Just saying having such a big skill gap between the ranks is not healthy for anyone. 

Even within the gold rank the skill gap is too big. You may get golds that are too easy to kill or impossible to hit.

The games population is why there's such a noticable skill gap. It has nothing to do with the actual golds who play this game and everything to do with the game itself as well as it's history.

Blaming golds for being golds won't ever solve anything; all I see on this forum is non-golds complaining non-stop about golds and low-tier golds complaining about anybody who is gold and is better than them. Then when any mid/high tier gold player tries to offer suggestions to get better, they just get downvoted to hell. It's hilariously ridiculous.

What do you guys want, all the top gold players to just quit so you get defaulted to gold? The fact that people on these forums actually get angry when they see a gold player not give them a free win because they are better is absolutely ridiculous. It's a level of absurdity that I cannot wrap my mind around.  It literally feels like people on these forums want mid/high-end gold players to apologize for being good at the game and to give anyone who is not as good as them free wins/kissing their asses otherwise they are labeled as "toxic". It's unbelievable the things people demand around here without putting in any work of their own. Lol.

But I guess. Now gimme my downvotes!

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

The games population is why there's such a noticable skill gap. It has nothing to do with the actual golds who play this game and everything to do with the game itself as well as it's history.

Blaming golds for being golds won't ever solve anything; all I see on this forum is non-golds complaining non-stop about golds and low-tier golds complaining about anybody who is gold and is better than them. Then when any mid/high tier gold player tries to offer suggestions to get better, they just get downvoted to hell. It's hilariously ridiculous.

What do you guys want, all the top gold players to just quit so you get defaulted to gold? The fact that people on these forums actually get angry when they see a gold player not give them a free win because they are better is absolutely ridiculous. It's a level of absurdity that I cannot wrap my mind around.  It literally feels like people on these forums want mid/high-end gold players to apologize for being good at the game and to give anyone who is not as good as them free wins/kissing their asses otherwise they are labeled as "toxic". It's unbelievable the things people demand around here without putting in any work of their own. Lol.

But I guess. Now gimme my downvotes!

As far as I can see, most of the population is gold anyway (at least that is what I am always getting matched against) so I don't see the problem here.

If anyone is going to experience lack of players it will be the lower tiers. 

The current threat system also needs a rework since the difference between high and low tier gold is huge and it makes no sense to be in the same tier. It is just too general.

Edited by HawtGirl

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

As far as I can see, most of the population is gold anyway (at least that is what I am always getting matched against) so I don't see the problem here.

If anyone is going to experience lack of players it will be the lower tiers. 

The current threat system also needs a rework since the difference between high and low tier gold is huge and it makes no sense to be in the same tier. It is just too general.

Gold threats "stomping" on new players is a symptom of the problem that is the broken threat and poor match making systems.

It's like complaining about leg pain after breaking it, but only wanting painkillers as if that'll fix it and not going to hospital.

I've used this analogy so many times.

Fire fighters can try and patch holes a fire hose and increase water pressure but it's a losing battle if the district's water system itself is full of leaks and is broken.

Segregating threats is going to lower the player pool, plus match making is still broken so it's a matter of time before dethreating circumnavigates the forced threat lock.

Threat level determining system needs to be reviewed, altered or even replaced, how threats are then handled in district which district and by matchmaking will depends on the threat system.

There's no point doing a minor repair of something on a foundation that needs replacing.

Soon this game will be gold exclusive! Maintained and played only by its best, proud united community of righteous elite.

APG Rebooted

• Like 1

there's a temporary simple solution to this issue

golds and silver please go to the testing district and go wild.

the trainees greens and bronzes can play (?) and we can test weapons for future development of apb.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, Ohshii said:

I dunno what golds youre talking about, I dont know any golds like that personally.

You havent been playing very long have you. The dethreating golds are perefect examples of ppl stomping over lower skilled players, made worse by a dethreating premade. Another example is when gold players threat shame silvers cause there silver. What does your threat have anything to do with besides where your skill range is?

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You havent been playing very long have you. The dethreating golds are perefect examples of ppl stomping over lower skilled players, made worse by a dethreating premade. Another example is when gold players threat shame silvers cause there silver. What does your threat have anything to do with besides where your skill range is?

I been here since friends and family alpha for RTW, but ok.

I dont threat shame anybody I just play the game and whatever op I get is whatever op I get. However on these very forums all I ever see is silvers and low tier golds crying and trying to force their views on LO and because LO track record thus far appears to be believing the the QQ they are told on these forums which is why the game is still failing long after LO after purchased the game over a year ago.

But ok. Lol, whatever you guys say.

Edited by Ohshii

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

detrheating is an issue yes but i am unaware personally about premade dethreating accounts.

some golds do threat shame but its not as many as it seems (they have alt chars so it seems like more)

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

I been here since friends and family alpha for RTW, but ok.

I dont threat shame anybody I just play the game and whatever op I get is whatever op I get. However on these very forums all I ever see is silvers and low tier golds crying and trying to force their views on LO and because LO track record thus far appears to be believing the the QQ they are told on these forums which is why the game is still failing long after LO after purchased the game over a year ago.

But ok. Lol, whatever you guys say.

no one claimed you threat shamed anyone , but yes there are golds who threat shame bronzes and silvers in the bronze district. I've witnessed it personally each month from dethraters.

if you truly believe its only people crying rather than  others sharing how they see and feel , then it is you who is being callous towards the community who is a majority of silvers.

as for the game itself , others brought up on a different thread yet again , how Little Orbit was lied to about how bad the current APB really is

it is a mess still from extra work to be done but they are cleaning it up its just taking longer than expected because of it   ( new bugs being found by Little Orbit and SPCT is proof enough )

I love the level of assumptions haha.

I just play the game and watch people talk trash to me nonstop regardless of what I do because I am without question, the minority in just about every single way in this game and online in general. I rarely say anything in-game I just let people harass me and others nonstop and just press K and play missions, lol. I love the assumptions on these forums though, they legit make me laugh out loud and I appreciate you all for that hahaha.

Have a good one, gimme some downvotes please!

On 1/17/2020 at 4:40 AM, VickyFox said:

Gold threats "stomping" on new players is a symptom of the problem that is the broken threat and poor match making systems.

It's like complaining about leg pain after breaking it, but only wanting painkillers as if that'll fix it and not going to hospital.

I've used this analogy so many times.

Fire fighters can try and patch holes a fire hose and increase water pressure but it's a losing battle if the district's water system itself is full of leaks and is broken.

Segregating threats is going to lower the player pool, plus match making is still broken so it's a matter of time before dethreating circumnavigates the forced threat lock.

Threat level determining system needs to be reviewed, altered or even replaced, how threats are then handled in district which district and by matchmaking will depends on the threat system.

There's no point doing a minor repair of something on a foundation that needs replacing.

While you are right, threat segregation does make it more playable for bronzes, and yes, it is a temporary fix. Even Matt Scott has said it himself, he intends to revise the matchmaking after threat segregation is in place.

10 hours ago, Vulyus said:

Soon this game will be gold exclusive! Maintained and played only by its best, proud united community of righteous elite.

APG Rebooted

It kinda already is. I just came back and get destroyed all the time. Dropped even to bronze at one point and still got matched vs golds. I will probably get back in shape soon and hit gold again but stuff like this is just going to make every new player RQ the game. It is few years old game that no one is really dying to play anymore (pun intended). It is a good game but no one will have the patience to stay for long enough to see it.

The steep learning curve is already bad as it is. There is no need of bad matchmaking to make it worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

~snip~

No segregation is a disaster I agree.

I wonder if disabling grouping as well would have helped or hurt. Since the "golds" everyone is talking about wouldn' be able to run premades and just destroy players used to struggling in bronze districts, but it'd also mean silvers an bronzies couldn't group either. Plus its hard to say how many players would just decide not to play at all since they couldn't play with their friends.

I'm not sure there was a solution this time. Might have been a choice between the shitty situation we have, and abandoning the EU player base altogether until their servers got sorted.

Rock and a hard place and all that.

Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Edited by CookiePuss