postalgril

its not fair that bronzes still arent allowed to play

On 1/5/2020 at 10:36 PM, CookiePuss said:

Im 90% sure you all disappear when I close my eyes.

So you think. But theres a 100% chance I will still be here when you open them :^)

On 1/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, postalgril said:

i can't play because i'm not allowed that's the point brainlet 

are you being held hostage?

Played yesterday, got 20 wins of 32 missions done. Half of the wins wasn't really my merit. Don't want to brag, i am average 255 gold, never used macro/cheats/triggerbot/configs/*place any advantage here*, never wear full black clothes (THAT IS IMPORTANT!), never used lower case gibberish on my clan name, anime symbols, and other shit some weird players do. But I think it's a fine result for solo player who is not really tryharding on missions. Do I get gold players on my random teams? Yes. But final of the match really depends. All I think is helping to me is good game sense and fps.

Be calm and play relaxed (or at least try to, lol) 

Peace to you, bois.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 7:03 AM, postalgril said:

no they arent all the servers are for toxic golds

theres nowhere for bronzes to play

Sorry, but that's incorrect. There's been no threat based district instances since before xmas, but they are coming back.

What that means is that everyone; trainees, green, bronze, silver and gold threat players are all lumped together in the one district.

In my case, if the district population is over 40 I basically can't do a mission. So I've been unable to do missions since then.

With a bit of luck the new systems are online and it'll be back to normal tonight.

About to log on, so I guess I'll find out.

how are you even bronze

my 60+ year old dad was gold after a week of playing by himself when this game was 3x its size and you encountered better players far more

you only improve if you get your shit pushed in, and you only improve if you want to

Edited by Thaumaturge
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Thaumaturge said:

you only improve if you get your shit pushed in, and you only improve if you want to

This is simply nonsense.

I want to see you how much better you will get in boxing if you have to fight Mike Tyson all day long. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

This is simply nonsense.

I want to see you how much better you will get in boxing if you have to fight Mike Tyson all day long. 

I acknowledge there is a steep learning curve and part of that is because of a broken match making and threat rating system that was left unaddressed for too long, but the OP uses it as an excuse to not play... That is their own choice. I'm not trying to be toxic and saying "Get Good" but you don't just bloody give up and blame someone else.

I said this before and i'll say it again, "Practice makes perfect? Better go beyond!"

If all one does is practice in their comfort zone then let me say congratulations on becoming the perfect bronze!

You only improve going to learn if you make mistakes and reflect on them, You don't just give up just because someone is better than you.

There is always benefit to take away from a loss.

Just now, VickyFox said:

I acknowledge there is a steep learning curve and part of that is because of a broken match making and threat rating system that was left unaddressed for too long, but the OP uses it as an excuse to not play... That is their own choice. I'm not trying to be toxic and saying "Get Good" but you don't just bloody give up and blame someone else.

I said this before and i'll say it again, "Practice makes perfect? Better go beyond!"

If all one does is practice in their comfort zone then let me say congratulations on becoming the perfect bronze!

You only improve going to learn if you make mistakes and reflect on them, You don't just give up just because someone is better than you.

There is always benefit to take away from a loss.

We can at least agree that the matchmaking is not good. 

Also keep in mind a game has to be fun for the people to keep playing it. This is no tournament nor competition.

If someone is getting stomped all the time, they are going to be less and less motivated to keep playing and instead can move to some less frustrating game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

We can at least agree that the matchmaking is not good. 

Also keep in mind a game has to be fun for the people to keep playing it. This is no tournament nor competition.

If someone is getting stomped all the time, they are going to be less and less motivated to keep playing and instead can move to some less frustrating game. 

Again I understand that, But one can't expect the social ethos of a community to change just like that.

Matt Scott has said that he want to make APB to be less toxic where possible, no more name and shaming, phasing... (whatever that is).

The problem is not going to resolve itself by trying to force the community to do what they don't want to do, That's what different threat instances did.

When things look bleak, it's better to make the most of it without worrying about consequences, so people just have fun in whatever way they want; Breaking more rules, taking advantage of exploits, being rude and not caring for other players.

So give a reason for people to change, give them an incentive to be more of a fair gamer because it's not me you need to convince.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Again I understand that, But one can't expect the social ethos of a community to change just like that.

Matt Scott has said that he want to make APB to be less toxic where possible, no more name and shaming, phasing... (whatever that is).

The problem is not going to resolve itself by trying to force the community to do what they don't want to do, That's what different threat instances did.

When things look bleak, it's better to make the most of it without worrying about consequences, so people just have fun in whatever way they want; Breaking more rules, taking advantage of exploits, being rude and not caring for other players.

So give a reason for people to change, give them an incentive to be more of a fair gamer because it's not me you need to convince.

They can't really change the people but they can prevent this kind of stuff from happening through the game mechanics. 

Also it doesn't just hurts the new players but the game in general since the playerbase is slowly decaying and no new players are joining.

It seems like only the oldest players are still playing the game. I have been playing the game for few days and already the OBT titles seems pretty common. 

Edited by HawtGirl

On 1/12/2020 at 12:13 PM, HawtGirl said:

This is simply nonsense.

uh you realize that mike tyson had like 20+ sparring partners over his entire career right? you also realize that he even sparred with former champions before he even ever became a champion right??

Lol people act like the best people in anything just woke up one day and had all the skills required to immediately be the greatest. Are you ignorant on accident or on purpose? Honestly, I cannot tell the difference right now. Jesus.

6 hours ago, Ohshii said:

uh you realize that mike tyson had like 20+ sparring partners over his entire career right? you also realize that he even sparred with former champions before he even ever became a champion right??

That is what the bronzies doesn't have: a sparing partner. How are you supposed to learn if you get thrown against the top tier players that kills you before you have time to blink?

What do you learn by getting killed instantly?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Are you ignorant on accident or on purpose?

i think we both know that they weren't talking about sparring, but actual competition fights

• Like 1

Shrug he still lost six times, and in all six of said losses he was absolutely slaughtered. So again, not sure what youre talking about.

Everyone wins and loses, you guys over here with the victim card acting like top golds never lose and everyone below them is never going to get better no matter how hard they try lol tf outta here

If you cant learn from your own mistakes or put in the actual effort to learn what the people who are beating you are doing so that you can adjust and adapt, then you're the only one to blame for that. Stop assuming others have to cater to you in order for you to be good at this game; you get what you put in.

Edited by Ohshii
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

Shrug he still lost six times, and in all six of said losses he was absolutely slaughtered. So again, not sure what youre talking about.

Everyone wins and loses, you guys over here with the victim card acting like top golds never lose and everyone below them is never going to get better no matter how hard they try lol tf outta here

If you cant learn from your own mistakes or put in the actual effort to learn what the people who are beating you are doing so that you can adjust and adapt, then you're the only one to blame for that. Stop assuming others have to cater to you in order for you to be good at this game; you get what you put in.

18 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Are you ignorant on accident or on purpose?

there's a difference between top golds losing to each other and top golds steamrolling lowbies

mike tyson didn't start boxing and immediately have championship matches for his first 20 fights, if he did he'd probably be dead, which in this analogy seems equivalent to a lowbie quitting apb

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

there's a difference between top golds losing to each other and top golds steamrolling lowbies

mike tyson didn't start boxing and immediately have championship matches for his first 20 fights, if he did he'd probably be dead, which in this analogy seems equivalent to a lowbie quitting apb

Simple answer, toxic community. Golds think lowly of anyone lower then gold (even if they have few hrs played) and then crap all over newbies so they look good. Learning is def needed but ppl arent going to put in the time when they arent given the chance to learn against others of similar skill lvl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Simple answer, toxic community. Golds think lowly of anyone lower then gold (even if they have few hrs played) and then crap all over newbies so they look good. Learning is def needed but ppl arent going to put in the time when they arent given the chance to learn against others of similar skill lvl.

I dunno what golds youre talking about, I dont know any golds like that personally.

The only thing that separates a gold player from a silver player is a solid premade team with voice comms. Been saying that since I hit Gold 10 on CBT in Pirate/Enigma, shoutout to Pandy and Amancia. Literally, having a solid premade team will make ANY high rank silver gold by default. Keep plugging away and working on it and you will be high gold in weeks if not days. The game is actually that easy.

People in APB tend to give up the first time they lose to any premade team they personally feel is 'better' than them. The "F-It I quit" Ratio in this game is through the roof. All I hear on these forums is silvers crying about how they cant get the job done and that all gold players just incomprehensibly better than them like we're born of a different stock than them and that they will never ever in their lives be as good as golds and it's honest to god laughable. Get the F--- off that quitter mentality and actually TRY TO GET BETTER. I know the idea of actually TRYING is a new concept to a vastly large amount of people playing this game, but if you actually TRY, you'd be amazed on how much the results will vary from your "I quit" mentality after getting beat 1-2 times in a row in a mission.

Hell, there's golds who post on these forums all the time who literally, LITERALLY, AFK every single mission vs myself, my husband and my clannies even tho we're no better than they are. They just give up first so in their eyes either myself, my husband or my clannies are "cheaters" or "toxic' because we're gold and actually try in the mission. We lose missions all the time. In fact, we lost 9 in a row like 4 days ago before going on a 21 win streak. And in that 9 loss streak, we lost to the exact same 3 man premade 5 in a row--they decimated us. And yes, they talked trash every single time, and we didn't say nothing but press K and keep going. You win some and lose some. Keep going, and either don't care and press on or care and try to do better.

The actual amount of spineless people who play this game is outright unbelievable. Believe in yourself ffs, before demanding anything. How can you expect randoms to believe in you when you don't believe in yourself??? So many instant quitters who live on these forums is ridiculous. It makes me wonder why they don't just stick to 1 player games and actually put in the time to come to these forums or log into the game and play. Christ almighty this thread is absolutely absurd and the amount of people defending the QQ is hilariously unbelievable. Grow some balls ffs, and that's coming from someone who had theirs removed hahahaha. GD.

Edited by Ohshii

15 hours ago, Ohshii said:

The only thing that separates a gold player from a silver player is a solid premade team with voice comms.

So you are saying you don't have to be good to be gold but just to have friends who can carry you. Got it.

28 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

So you are saying you don't have to be good to be gold but just to have friends who can carry you. Got it.

teamwork makes the dream work

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

teamwork makes the dream work

But it is not skill if you always have to rely on others.

2 will always be bigger than 1, not to mention unfair and you only have to put half the effort. 

3 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

2 will always be bigger than 1, not to mention unfair and you only have to put half the effort. 

teamwork in itself is a skill

Just now, HawtGirl said:

i can’t tell if you’re making everything unnecessarily black and white on purpose or not, but playing on a team doesn’t automatically mean you’re being carried

and teamwork itself is a skill, so idk how that’s unfair

Just now, CookiePuss said:

teamwork in itself is a skill

Only if you are fighting another premade team of the same size. Otherwise it is easy mode. 

Just now, HawtGirl said:

Only if you are fighting another premade team of the same size. Otherwise it is easy mode. 

regardless of whether it’s easy or not teamwork is still a skill

its not like your personal aiming skills are suddenly nonexistent just because you shoot a lower threat player lol