Sign in to follow this  
BoomLion

should of delt with DTers first!

respect for battle eye.. but truth u should of done something about DTers first..played all day today and everymission was v r200+ alot of them max ranks.. alot of them gold..you should of solved this first ....u go to bronze now an see its full of DTers..worse then ever...no newbie is going to last more then 15 mins..befor they say nope forget this an leave..

21 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

respect for battle eye.. but truth u should of done something about DTers first..played all day today and everymission was v r200+ alot of them max ranks.. alot of them gold..you should of solved this first ....u go to bronze now an see its full of DTers..worse then ever...no newbie is going to last more then 15 mins..befor they say nope forget this an leave..

No, cheaters are a real issue. Bronzes can get around themselves learning to play.

I think you may have to wait for the reworking of threat before much will be done. That or for in game GMs to be more numerous. Which, since the application process has started, may be soon. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

That or for in game GMs to be more numerous. Which, since the application process has started, may be soon. 

I'm not sure if volunteer GMs would report these dethreaters imo. It's unethical in the sense that some dethreaters dethreat as they are unable to play comfortably in silver districts against high ranting premade groups. To report such dethreaters would be saying that if you play till such a level where ur skill level is that of a yellow, be prepared to be banned for exploitation(?) by dethreating or suffer in the silver district until u magically become good enough. 

Of course, they are some who are capable of playing in the silver districts but decide to dethreat to stomp on newbs.

It's a deep seated cultural issue that lies with the matchmaking and population issues, I wouldn't really blame these dethreaters for dethreating if they only wanted to play the game for fun and not to improve.

10 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:

I'm not sure if volunteer GMs would report these dethreaters imo. It's unethical in the sense that some dethreaters dethreat as they are unable to play comfortably in silver districts against high ranting premade groups. To report such dethreaters would be saying that if you play till such a level where ur skill level is that of a yellow, be prepared to be banned for exploitation(?) by dethreating or suffer in the silver district until u magically become good enough. 

Of course, they are some who are capable of playing in the silver districts but decide to dethreat to stomp on newbs.

It's a deep seated cultural issue that lies with the matchmaking and population issues, I wouldn't really blame these dethreaters for dethreating if they only wanted to play the game for fun and not to improve.

Yeah that, I think, is why MattScott wants to rework the threat system so that it is both harder to gain and lose threat. This way people arent threating up due to a few lucky matches, and it will also make it much more difficult and time consuming to intentionally lose threat. 

As far as what GMs will and wont do in terms of enforcing the ToS (which finally actually mentions dethreating) I cant really comment on that since its going to be entirely up to LO, and afaik they have yet to make any statements on it. 

And I dont think fluctuating threat would ever be punished. Only the obvious amd intentional gaming of the threat system in an effort to play in a district in which you do not belong. 

Edited by CookiePuss

40 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

High rank has nothing to do with high skill tho.

You can have a dozen rank 255 toons and still not be able to keep your gold in silver district.. simply because of having disabilities or being an older player with blurry vision and slow reflexes.

Most of those tryhards in bronze (the types that go gold in bronze every time) only get it because they use cheesy guns like attac's, ogre's, volcano's alot or run into people that are much worse then them (due to poor matchmaking)... you may think they are DT'ers but im sure they get their patootie handed to them easily by real golds and thus lose their threat normally anyway.

Also poor match making simply is the result of the limited population in districts and the games overall low population, its rather unrealistic to think it would go away easily.

1 hour ago, Birmingham said:

I go between silver and gold naturally and play on both server types. I can tell you for sure  that most of the "Golds" in the bronze district are not on par with the actual golds you find elsewhere.

theres a clan called "Madness"  they are Pro Dters... everyday they come on play hard as they can ..then befor they go off they all DT..

and people may ask why am i rageing about it...only cuz i come back to the game after rage deleting my account last year..so im on a new low ranked..no mods..no percs..so a newbie in all but i know how to play.. and all day everyday its max ranked players..and ive been in teams today where they r really newbies.. 

so what about have a distrct just for newbies.. where they have to go.. dont a get choice..and they cant leave till set rank..like 85 or something.."this just an idear"

right now u make a new char and can pick where u go.. remove the choice for newbies..send them to a locked green map where only people of 0/85 rank can play..

once u get to 85.. u then can join the next rank of maps..

its just an idear.. i know the big match makein is long to fix .. but if u made it like ive said newbies would get a far better start to the game..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

theres a clan called "Madness"  they are Pro Dters... everyday they come on play hard as they can ..then befor they go off they all DT..

and people may ask why am i rageing about it...only cuz i come back to the game after rage deleting my account last year..so im on a new low ranked..no mods..no percs..so a newbie in all but i know how to play.. and all day everyday its max ranked players..and ive been in teams today where they r really newbies.. 

so what about have a distrct just for newbies.. where they have to go.. dont a get choice..and they cant leave till set rank..like 85 or something.."this just an idear"

right now u make a new char and can pick where u go.. remove the choice for newbies..send them to a locked green map where only people of 0/85 rank can play..

once u get to 85.. u then can join the next rank of maps..

its just an idear.. i know the big match makein is long to fix .. but if u made it like ive said newbies would get a far better start to the game..

Confining new players to a specific zone is a mistake. What if someone gets their friend to start playing and then is like "oh yeah sorry but I can't even play with you until you level up". That would be garbage.

Dont know how kicking players after getting gold in bronze district its not ingame yet, that simple thing would fix everything, cant be that hard too.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Fixing threat is in our roadmap, and it’s one of the highest priorities.

However it’s a bit more complex than Anti-cheat, so we took care of BattlEye first. The last time G1 tried to fix threat, a significant portion of the population left, so we want to come up with the right solution that actually fixes the problem without alienating everyone.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Hey Matt,

Will we be getting a roadmap by any chance sometime in the future?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Birmingham said:

When the threat system is broken its always going to be like that.

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Fixing threat is in our roadmap, and it’s one of the highest priorities.

However it’s a bit more complex than Anti-cheat, so we took care of BattlEye first. The last time G1 tried to fix threat, a significant portion of the population left, so we want to come up with the right solution that actually fixes the problem without alienating everyone.

Thanks,

Matt

You're right, when DT'ing becomes punishable people will leave. I've seen it in the past and their arguements where kind of valid: 'I'm not going to play vs cheaters'. Now that BE is active the amount of cheaters will be reduced (at least for now) so DT'ing becomes less important. The only reason they might have now for DT'ing is that they do not want to lose misions and I'm pretty sure it's a large select group of players who still do this. The way I see it is that the GM Volunteer Program might help in this case, spectators should have a LO GM on speed dial so the DT'ers can be kicked from the district, forcing them to join a silver/gold district. I think this should work as a temp solution.

6 hours ago, Mikiy said:

High rank has nothing to do with high skill tho.

You can have a dozen rank 255 toons and still not be able to keep your gold in silver district.. simply because of having disabilities or being an older player with blurry vision and slow reflexes.

Man it hurts but thats me (well not a dozend but one 240 something)

But i will never stop working on getting better, if only in my personal boundaries :classic_biggrin:

That wont change that im too old for this shit and i wasnt a good shooter 20 years ago to begin with.

Edited by KurtKlops

Sign in to follow this