Salvick

No districts available.

I'm sorry for creating a new thread for the same issue but we are in the middle of the weekend and during peak hours in Jericho there are no additional district instances to play while both Financial and Waterfront are full.

Could you guys at LO please do something like maybe shutting down the prototype district or such till this gets fixed?

Thanks in advance for your time to take a look at this @Lixil, @Selali, @MattScott and anyone else at LO.

Also I get ~150ms in Financial (which is normal to me) while Waterfront is giving me 200ms to 220ms and very unstable peaks above 300ms if there's any clue of why this is happening.

Wish you happy holidays to everyone!

Kindest regards,

Sal.

Dont feel too bad that its the weekend this issue has been ongoing since the holiday patch and they still have yet to fix it. Its still broken now and new districts still need to be spawned so ppl can play.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Dont feel too bad that its the weekend this issue has been ongoing since the holiday patch and they still have yet to fix it. Its still broken now and new districts still need to be spawned so ppl can play.

At first I thought this was on purpose due to the holiday event so that they decided to prioritize Citadel servers and it would totally make sense to me. I wouldn't be against it if that's the case indeed but we were told that they are working on this so I trust Matt Scott, I don't think he would doubt in communicate to us what's going on.

3 minutes ago, Salvick said:

At first I thought this was on purpose due to the holiday event so that they decided to prioritize Citadel servers and it would totally make sense to me. I wouldn't be against it if that's the case indeed but we were told that they are working on this so I trust Matt Scott, I don't think he would doubt in communicate to us what's going on.

they're working on it by getting the eu server location up and running, that's the only solution

Anyone from LO around to clarify if that's the reason? I mean Citadel/Jericho hardware relocation and such.

Sorry for being so insistent, I really apologize because I feel I am bothering with this, but since everyone at LO are so kind and communicative I thought would be fine to post about this issue to get some answers.

Thanks again, regards.

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Anyone from LO around to clarify if that's the reason? I mean Citadel/Jericho hardware relocation and such.

Sorry for being so insistent, I really apologize because I feel I am bothering with this, but since everyone at LO are so kind and communicative I thought would be fine to post about this issue to get some answers.

Thanks again, regards.

• Currently Jericho is operating on mostly Los Angeles-based servers with a couple New York servers. This is why west coast players occasionally see increased latency. We didn't have enough servers to support threat segregation, so all Jericho mission districts are open threat right now.
  • Currently Citadel is operating on New York-based servers. This is why EU players are seeing horrible latency. We also didn't have enough servers to support threat segregation, so all Citadel mission districts are open threat right now.

[...]

Citadel will have local EU district servers, and the latency will drop down significantly.

Then all the LA / NY servers will be re-assigned to Jericho.

source: 

there's not even enough server space to spin up mission district instances for all 4 threat levels, why little orbit thought running an event (which almost always brings in more population, resulting in more instances being needed) was a good idea is beyond me

Edited by Solamente
typo

I beg to insist, please @MattScott, @Lixil or @Selali (no sure who to ask), shut down that Prototype Financial district and open a second instance for Financial if that's possible.

I'm sorry for being so insistent if this is bothering in any way and any help or attention on this issue is in advance very appreciated. Thanks.-

20 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I beg to insist, please @MattScott, @Lixil or @Selali (no sure who to ask), shut down that Prototype Financial district and open a second instance for Financial if that's possible.

I'm sorry for being so insistent if this is bothering in any way and any help or attention on this issue is in advance very appreciated. Thanks.-

To be honest, I don't think they're even checking the forums these days, and maybe until the 2nd or 3rd they won't. So I'd save my breath until then 😕

• Thanks 1

It's obvious you want to play and this is a significant frustration for you, but it is one of those things that (as others are pointing out) isn't likely to be 'fixed' any time soon. Maybe check back on the thread every 12 - 24 hours, or switch on notifications for it, and give it a day or two between requests for answers? I'm sure you would rather the staff spent time getting the issue sorted rather than scouring the forums for threads to respond to. They also deserve to spend time with family and friends during the holiday season...

2 hours ago, trashpanda said:

To be honest, I don't think they're even checking the forums these days, and maybe until the 2nd or 3rd they won't. So I'd save my breath until then 😕

53 minutes ago, Jobs2k said:

It's obvious you want to play and this is a significant frustration for you, but it is one of those things that (as others are pointing out) isn't likely to be 'fixed' any time soon. Maybe check back on the thread every 12 - 24 hours, or switch on notifications for it, and give it a day or two between requests for answers? I'm sure you would rather the staff spent time getting the issue sorted rather than scouring the forums for threads to respond to. They also deserve to spend time with family and friends during the holiday season...

Absolutely, I totally agree with you guys, and I already stated that I feel bad to have to insist but yet there's nothing else I can do since I'm unable to enjoy the game when there's indeed an empty useless instance of that Prototype Financial district. I can not stress it enough when I say that I apologize for being insistent but neither can stay quiet when I have the chance to come to the forums and try to notify the staff about our difficulties to play the game.

Just for the note, these are the first messages where I tagged LO staff and they said they'll be looking into it and later I made a thread where MattScott dropped by to say they're working on it too, I mean, its been like this since a while but guess I'm the only one who cares. Not upset at all but just a little bit annoying to have to be that guy that complains about something... regards!

image.png

image.png

Edited by Salvick

On 12/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, Salvick said:

The game failing to spawn extra districts isnt cause EU doesnt have servers its cause when they released xmas something broke that isnt making the game spawn districts when it should be. Prior to xmas and after the move to the new isp it was.

30 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The game failing to spawn extra districts isnt cause EU doesnt have servers its cause when they released xmas something broke that isnt making the game spawn districts when it should be. Prior to xmas and after the move to the new isp it was.

Well, this is what I'm asking to have a word about. I also thought something in that path is going on but I'm trying to get the official saying, that's all.

Would it not be more efficient to accept the details others have provided you directly from official statements until such time as the official word changes? Matt and the LO team does a much better job of informing the players of information far better than G1 so have some trust that they are doing what they can as quick as they can without burning themselves out and giving up.

Will anyone else take on this game? I really don't want them to give up! 🙂

Try and find something else to do with your time, take a deep breath and give them until a few more days. They'll probably have to get over the new years celebrations first.

14 hours ago, Jobs2k said:

Would it not be more efficient to accept the details others have provided you directly from official statements until such time as the official word changes? Matt and the LO team does a much better job of informing the players of information far better than G1 so have some trust that they are doing what they can as quick as they can without burning themselves out and giving up.

Will anyone else take on this game? I really don't want them to give up! 🙂

Try and find something else to do with your time, take a deep breath and give them until a few more days. They'll probably have to get over the new years celebrations first.

Mate, you gotta be trolling me or you simply don't read. Or maybe I'm not explaining myself properly but nothing of what you're saying on this last reply applies to what I'm trying to say or how I feel. I appreciate your commitment to contribute though. Cheers.