trashpanda

About the Chinese player/developer thing

Is there going to be a change of ownership of APB? There haven't been many updates from the dev team lately, are we going to be updated on what's going on? I personally would hate it if APB was handed over to the Chinese. That would only mean milking the players for money, as well as flooding the game with Chinese players (I mean no offense by that, but Chinese players love P2W which sucks for us). I honestly hope Little Orbit keeps the game and keeps working on it, we were so close to finally getting the engine update and the network migration. I love this game and practically spent half of my teens playing it. I would hate to see it die in this way.

Edit: Why is everyone constantly disliking? I already said I misunderstood and apologized, I just don't see the reason why you'd dislike it lol.

Edited by trashpanda

Everything has already been explained in the appropriate forum thread.

On that note though, I know people dislike finding information on their own, so here's a shortcut of what you need to know:

• Little Orbit sold the rights to the "APB" intellectual property, not "APB Reloaded", to Unit Game.
  • The terms of that sale state that Little Orbit retains the rights to APB Reloaded. Unit Game can do what they want with APB as a brand, Little Orbit can do what they want with APB Reloaded as an entity. The game we all know remains in LO's hands.

If you fear APB Reloaded being handed over to "the Chinese" and undergoing severe changes to match the new culture, that simply is not happening due to the terms of the sale.

If you fear the APB brand being handed over to "the Chinese" and undergoing severe changes to match the new culture, I'd say it's not likely to happen. Unit Game is a Hong Kong-based company. There is a distinction between mainland China and Hong Kong, as the latter is a Special Administrative Region with its own culture and a high degree of autonomy (which is unfortunately being challenged by the Chinese government — but that is a separate topic which is very political, and political discussions on the internet tend to go south very fast, so... let's not go there).

• Thanks 3

My sincerest apologies, I must have missed that topic. Thank you very much. It appears that it is actually good news considering Little Orbit has gained financial stability from this sale, and will be able to work on the game. Again, my apologies for not seeing the related forum topic.

One additional question though: "The CEO of Unit Game said, “For years, I have been an avid player and fan inside the immersive world of APB. The gameplay, stories, and customization system still remains unique today. We are looking forward to developing a new experience for mobile and PC.”

So they will not just release a mobile game, but a PC game as well?

Edited by trashpanda
addition
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

So they will not just release a mobile game, but a PC game as well?

Sounds like Mobile comes first.

PC may depend on how well that goes. But yes, if a new APB game comes out, it cant come from LO.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like Mobile comes first.

PC may depend on how well that goes. But yes, if a new APB game comes out, it cant come from LO.

I see. Let's hope LO stays in play and not be replaced by a Chinese version of APB.

Just now, trashpanda said:

I see. Let's hope LO stays in play and not be replaced by a Chinese version of APB.

It would be pretty awkward to suddenly have to compete with the people you sold the name to lol.

All we need to do is spam social with "Free Hong Kong" symbols and Ching Chong will be gone

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It would be pretty awkward to suddenly have to compete with the people you sold the name to lol.

It is a possibility though! They could use their larger budget ( no idea if they do have a larger budget than LO, but it's likely ) to develop something bigger, and bring it to EU/NA. But yes, it would be awkward as heck haha.

11 hours ago, -Dan- said:

All we need to do is spam social with "Free Hong Kong" symbols and Ching Chong will be gone

More like they'll buy the game, and impose the most massive censorship the PRC can come up with.

But maybe they'd do the engine upgrade, they have enough people to pull that off.

10 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

More like they'll buy the game, and impose the most massive censorship the PRC can come up with.

But maybe they'd do the engine upgrade, they have enough people to pull that off.

I don't think this game fits the Commie Party, anarchy is the least favourite thing for them

I could see them changing the Crims to Tibetans or muslims, and force us to only play Enforcer, trying to protect the glorious country from the "separatists"

Edited by -Dan-

On 12/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, -Dan- said:

I don't think this game fits the Commie Party, anarchy is the least favourite thing for them

I could see them changing the Crims to Tibetans or muslims, and force us to only play Enforcer, trying to protect the glorious country from the "separatists"

They do love PUBG for sure, no idea if it's PRC or ROC people though. But there's many of them.

4 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

They do love PUBG for sure, no idea if it's PRC or ROC people though. But there's many of them.

Have you seen Chinese at a buffet? It's the same thing as PUBG, only with less lag