(PS4)BarbarianCarlo

Everything wrong with apb ps4 at this point in time

Hey,

So this is me stating everything that's wrong with the game on ps4 at the moment.

First off, the game still has major performance issues. Apart from the frame drops the game's texture stream is messed up. These two things are addressed in the "upcoming update" which will probably not come out for some time....

Second, The 12 Deaths of Christmas event won't start on both NA and EU servers even though the district is filled with players (A.K.A. 20 vs 20 players). We can't buy the Snowball nades and the Snowball launcher from the contacts and trying to extend the lease for these two weapons also won't work because extending leases from your inventory/locker never worked on ps4 no matter where u stand whether  you're standing in range of mailboxes, joker ammo vending machines, contacts and car spawners.,..

Thirdly,  financial district servers have been down for multiple weeks on NA and EU servers. Waterfront District servers have been down on EU as well for multiple weeks now. So BASICALLY EU players can't play missions to level their contacts at all. NA players will reach a point where they can play missions but can't unlock new content because they can't unlock new contacts that are unlocked through playing on the Financial district. Now for every player this levelling ceiling is different depending on what contacts they had levelled before the district(s) died.

Last and probably most important is that NEW players (Players that have never played APB on the specific account before) can't log into the game. I can confirm this because I have tried to play  on multiple accounts, New and old accounts that have never been used to play APB on December 24th.  Also I have seen multiple NEW players that have found the unofficial APB Reloaded Discord asking why they can't log in to the game.

The game really can be written off as dead on console side when left in this Near-Death state any longer.....

I have seen the population go down by 50% in these past few weeks all because of these reasons. I believe the main factor for the sudden decline in active players is the mission districts being down for way too long. after the service had been offline on all platforms for an extended period of time because the server's were being moved to a different hosting location.\

I am legit going to beg you guys, please fix hurry up with the fix. Because the state its left in now is also going to kill the active playerbase that still has faith the game will be updated.

I myself am really getting demotivated to launch the game on console every single time I play the game because of these reasons, I am also one of the day 1 players or "soft-launch" players that has been putting up with these intense mentally tiring problems the game has been suffering from for 2 years now on ps4.

EDIT ---

Oh and we also can't forget the game has been lacking features from the PC and XBOX version. Like themes and a bunch of sound effects

Edited by (PS4)BarbarianCarlo
  • Like 2

I agree with you , stating everything that has been going on with the game hope we can get Financial back up

I just wish I could give this game a try, never played it a single time before but I’ve been trying for over a month straight every day... all I get is error -1 and this game is currently unavailable... what a shame it looks like a decent game too and like I said before I was willing to spend a good amount of money on this game...

This is extremely frustrating, and incredibly disappointing. I have tried everywhere online that these people have a foot print, and filed multiple support tickets to no avail. I have posted in the forums and got some bogus instructions about logging out of an account I had never logged into on my ps4 to fix it. Like wtf?

4 hours ago, VRein said:

I have posted in the forums and got some bogus instructions about logging out of an account I had never logged into on my ps4 to fix it. Like wtf?

They meant log out and back into your PSN account to accept Sony's privacy policy changes but apparently that's not even the issue.

The first time you play APB on a PSN account it's supposed to automatically make an APB account for you and link it to your PSN. If that's what's broken, new people won't be able to play the game until the devs fix it

• Like 2

Yeah I tried that, but again, it makes zero sense to have to do that when the account doesn’t even exist yet, I literally only get to push x the one time and it's zip. 😉

I don’t even get to push a button 😂 as soon as I try to load the game it says it’s unavailable. I don’t get it