(GAME) 144 fps cap

Its 2018, people have 144hz monitors and getting only 120fps really messes up aiming. (even more than the trash crosshair that you can't customize because they want you to buy better crosshairs with real money)

Edited by 2142342625
  • Like 4

even youtube is only 60 fps so this honestly sounds like overkill when the money can be used to upgrade districts or the whole game first

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

even youtube is only 60 fps so this honestly sounds like overkill when the money can be used to upgrade districts or the whole game first

??????

they only have to change a number value from 120 to 144

not my problem if you are a normie who doesnt know how having 2x screen refreshrate gives you an advantage

Edited by 2142342625
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2142342625 said:

??????

not my problem if you are a normie who doesnt know how having 2x screen refreshrate gives you an advantage

"that normie burn was pretty sick LOL, guess we gotta pay attention to his opinion now" - matt scott little orbit

3 minutes ago, 2142342625 said:

who doesnt know how having 2x screen refreshrate gives you an advantage

And you're still probably a low-skill silver. Lol

Just because you're playing at 120/144hz/fps doesn't mean the game's tick rate updates that fast. Lololollol

Just now, 2142342625 said:

??????

not anywhere near what i said....

its not that simple apb needs a complete overhaul or we would get nothing but lag and crashes from pushing it any further

Little Orbit mad that very clear they aren't doing anything like this or anything else to apb unless its to fix apb first

might want to think before adding salt sigh

56 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

And you're still probably a low-skill silver. Lol

Just because you're playing at 120/144hz/fps doesn't mean the game's tick rate updates that fast. Lololollol

oh no its braindead(nice normiefriendly safezone filters btw)

i guess people who actually leave social district don't post on forum

ok never looking at these normieshitter-humanscantseepast24fps-infested forums again bye

Edited by 2142342625

2 hours ago, 2142342625 said:

ok never looking at these normieshitter-humanscantseepast24fps-infested forums again bye

New forum account, numbered name, social skills of an angry turtle. Yeah, you aren't starting off strong.

Since you don't seem that educated yourself, if a server doesn't update at a certain tickrate then you'll still only see what the server can output. Look up hz vs tickrate in games like csgo and battlefield. Then try and come back to me, child.

Edited by TheAceNinja
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2142342625 said:

You seem really pressed on that insult my guy. Everything alright in real life?

6 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

New forum account, numbered name, social skills of an angry turtle. Yeah, you aren't starting off strong.

Since you don't seem that educated yourself, if a server doesn't update at a certain tickrate then you'll still only see what the server can output. Look up hz vs tickrate in games like csgo and battlefield. Then try and come back to me, child.

This ^^^ should explain as well along with what i said

its not a good idea

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

and this is why.... we need apb fixed as a whole first or it wont be around to have any framerate because the game wouldn't exist anymore

13 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

He's talking about client side fps and not server tick.

11 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

Combination of fps and your monitor's refresh rate is a big factor on how fast you "see what the server can output".

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Its not that simple apb needs a complete overhaul or we would get nothing but lag and crashes from pushing it any further

Little Orbit mad that very clear they aren't doing anything like this or anything else to apb unless its to fix apb first

Raising the client side fps cap will not suddenly cause our games to lag and crash. Raising the fps cap really "is that simple", I'm pretty sure it's do able in the configuration files.

Edited by Spudinskes

8 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

He's talking about client side fps and not server tick.

Combination of fps and your monitor's refresh rate is a big factor on how fast you "see what the server can output".

Raising the client side fps cap will not suddenly cause our games to lag and crash. Raising the fps cap really "is that simple", I'm pretty sure it's do able in the configuration files.

the client receives from the server.....

it cant receive any faster than what the server puts out......

client side cap wont help until the game is fixed properly first

the money for apb is needed to fix apb first

On 6/9/2018 at 10:11 AM, Fortune Runner said:

22 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

not anywhere near what i said....

its not that simple apb needs a complete overhaul or we would get nothing but lag and crashes from pushing it any further

Little Orbit made that very clear they aren't doing anything like this or anything else to apb unless its to fix apb first

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

This ^^^ should explain as well along with what i said

its not a good idea

and this is why.... we need apb fixed as a whole first or it wont be around to have any framerate because the game wouldn't exist anymore

that's everything said by me..... others said more to clarify. cmon guys this isn't that hard to understand. please re-read the whole thread and listen to what we aid and it might make more sense.

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

the money for apb is needed to fix apb first

that's everything said by me..... others said more to clarify. cmon guys this isn't that hard to understand. please re-read the whole thread and listen to what we aid and it might make more sense.

I think you're the one not understanding lol.

Server tickrate does not impact animations, recoil control and so on so those are all client side and easily improved by a higher fps cap client side. A lot of gameplay will overall will just be smoother and easier to control.

The higher the refresh rate the more information you can see.

It doesn't take any money to uncap a client side fps limit.

Technically since the image refreshes more often you'll be able to see the information the server sent you quicker. It'll still arrive at the same rate, it will just appear earlier on your screen.

Unless the implementation of this fps cap is fucked, it won't even take longer than 10 minutes to raise the cap, or allow uncapping.

Edited by emiljensen2

the original unreal engine doesn't have capabilities that can handle what you are describing its even on the old forums how apb was being strained as it is....

your join date if accurate would show you wouldn't know of the old discussions g1 had on how they couldn't do that

believe what you want but this wouldn't work until apb is fixed up first which is what Little Orbit are already focusing on

19 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

the money for apb is needed to fix apb first.

No one in this thread claimed that a client can receive packets faster from the server than the server is able to. How did you assume this? 

Edited by Spudinskes

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

the original unreal engine doesn't have capabilities that can handle what you are describing its even on the old forums how apb was being strained as it is....

your join date if accurate would show you wouldn't know of the old discussions g1 had on how they couldn't do that

believe what you want but this wouldn't work until apb is fixed up first which is what Little Orbit are already focusing on

I think you're confusing server tickrate and client framerate.

They are not related.

But yes I registered on the old forum somewhere in 2013.

It is true that the server tickrate can't really be upped more on this old version of unreal engine with so many players. Epic has made great progress with this on the newer versions of unreal engine due to fortnite.

You probably read the blogs about server tickrate and threads asking for higher server tickrates, but you're remember it as frame rate.

We're talking about client side framerate. The engine can do this, and supports it out of the box. Yes also on this old version of unreal engine.

Edited by emiljensen2

for those reasons CS:GO tickrate is 64, or other online FPS to control competitive mode cap is 64.

so yours 144hz monitor will not give advantage + your great FPS.

- personally agree with cap of 64.

there is many side effects if server is more than 64.

yours VGA crystallised balls at processor so need pay more money for new VGA .)

CS:GO have team 5 vs 5 and lots of code registrations -> server would go crazy if this would be more than 64. basically server spammed with registrations.

we are on-line players so please play fair for everyone at 64 frames-tick-rates.

respect others. 

dislike, "I'm not a dollar to like by everyone" advantage must be controlled.

luv u 2

*omg, server tick-rate related to client-side... -> stop confusing a public here. 

"I call them for Pokemon's coz I collecting em in ban library" (c) Eugen Harton

Edited by Dahel
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, Anudureju said:

for those reasons CS:GO tickrate is 64, or other online FPS to control competitive mode cap is 64.

so yours 144hz monitor will not give advantage + your great FPS.

- personally agree with cap of 64.

there is many side effects if server is more than 64.

yours VGA crystallised balls at processor so need pay more money for new VGA .)

CS:GO have team 5 vs 5 and lots of code registrations -> server would go crazy if this would be more than 64. basically server spammed with registrations.

we are on-line players so please play fair for everyone at 64 frames-tick-rates.

respect others. 

dislike, "I'm not a dollar to like by everyone" advantage must be controlled.

luv u 2

*omg, server tick-rate related to client-side... -> stop confusing a public here. 

"I call them for Pokemon's coz I collecting em in ban library" (c) Eugen Harton

The thread is still about framerate cap, not tickrate.

This post is confusing.

just wait for the engine upgrade. I dont think that there needs to be a debate of fixing anything before we are on UE 3.5 and eventually crossing over to UE 4 standard.

my pc cant even handle this old UE build properly and im on newest hardware. What does a higher cap do when the fps arent there?

cheers

On 6/9/2018 at 12:11 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Youtube stops at 60fps because higher video framerates consume more bandwidth and cost Youtube more money to host. Not at all related.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

Youtube stops at 60fps because higher video framerates consume more bandwidth and cost Youtube more money to host. Not at all related.

you failed to miss the point

it appears it went over your head

its always about money and where it is more effective first

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

you failed to miss the point

it appears it went over your head

its always about money and where it is more effective first

Using youtube is a bad example for the point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nite said:

Using youtube is a bad example for the point.

if you would of read the statement instead of being judgemental it would of been crystal clear so not my fault