EerieEric

An honest discussion about APB

48 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

No, people killing you with an N-Tec in 0.9 secs with 5 perfectly placed shots from 70m through a bridge railing is perfectly normal.

Landing 4 perfect hits with an Act 44 at 50m on a briefly visible and moving target in less than a second is perfectly normal.

altering weapon stats would require everyone's client to be patched

I dont think the " cheater " people are actually cheating but taking into consideration that if they happen to stream and you see them live, you can see the config theyre using that literally makes the game into roblox playdough mode and play at absurdly stretched resolutions where they also happen to 24/7 the game to make the targets as WIDE as possible so they can get that top gamer KD.

Ontop of that, its really shitty to have to play against the same 30 people every fucking day, especially when some of them there arent even a reason to fucking bother playing against because of ( pretty much your statement above )

For me, the issue with APB is that there is no longer any reason to continue the grind and theres no more content / fun to be had.  The only fun I get from this game is when I play with friends ( which all have already quit ) or when the community does something like a car show or demo derby which very rarely ever happens anymore. 

This game is so incredibly new player unfriendly and takes so damn incredibly long to progress to get anything with very little rewards to entice the continuation of play such as daily tasks / missions / whatever you wanna call em thats its no wonder that new players dont stay when something like Apex ( which I dont play at all ) exists.

11 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

No, people killing you with an N-Tec in 0.9 secs with 5 perfectly placed shots from 70m through a 

Stock Ntec is 18stk at 70m. 

No matter what. 

No cheat can change this. 

Opinion discarded. 

10 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

APEX

You should start playing. We could dominate. 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:22 AM, EerieEric said:

Do you as a community believe that there are people that still cheat

Absolutely!!!!

I Do Not believe LO is doing all that could be done.  I have a 3ft chain fence in my front yard, n that is about how effective EZ anti cheat is. Like the fence, its there to keep honest people honest. But anyone can step over this fence.

An Anti Cheat to me is a program that detects cheaters and bans or notifies the authorities.

The EZ they have relies on players playing policeman and having to do the detection themselves an report it. and then hope someone reviews the report. Which we know how that will go. 

Let me add in here that i do know that not all golds hack, but beings its so far from turning bronze to silver to turning from silver to gold, i highly suspect any gold. Not just cause they are gold, but because i know the anti cheat does not work, it doesn't detect them, I have to detect them. 

So how do i go about detecting them putting aside the gold thing..well if they dont miss, if they shoot u without even an instant to aim.  If they show up behind you after just seeing them in a spot they could never have moved from legally. unusually high lag spikes during mission, being spawned 900 meters from the point.

I might also add that i feel LO rewards the hacks or that the management leans in favor of the hacks, and the Long Time Paying Customers get screwed by Droves of cheaters, n the cheats get op joker guns n probably dont even pay LO for them.

In any case im fed up, my kid bought me some steam games n imma go over there. 

I'm all maxed out, so there is nothing to accomplish aside from killing hackers, n i didn't come to this game to have to deal with that. The game is no longer fun, there is rarely anyone i know online, not that im Buddies with or friends, just names ive seen before, ya can't get into a mission district, they are full and no secondary instance of that disrict will open up, but we got money to run weapons test districts at the same time as a xmas event. So we can decide how to nerf more your guns so the hacks get more kills.

Another good way to detect a hacker is simply saying something in chat, now the person u hacusate wont even say anything, but some Golden Weekend Warrior will come on n hate whisper ya, Thats a real good indication that the whistperer is a hacker cause they be sympathizing. So All I can say is Mack is gonna stfu cause there are no Regulars to talk to or fuzzy bunny to about Golds/Hacks. its just the Golds in house. Im just gonna report anything that even slightly looks suspicious. Now I know half the people i report wont be actual hackers, but beings the anti cheat wont detect their cheats, n I have to. I'd rather error on the side of caution. 

Its a Dangerous World out there, If You see something, Say Something 🕵️‍♂️  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let's be honest, most of us eu people won't come back because they moved the server to the US. Also let's be honest, they don't did that for any other reason than to spare the tiny last bit of available funds that steadily get eaten up by the absurd amount of server ecosystem this game needs.  So even if the engine update will release, I don't see myself playing on a 100ms ping.

Seems like I had a bad source of information on that... 

Edited by striker891

4 minutes ago, striker891 said:

Let's be honest, most of us eu people won't come back because they moved the server to the US. Also let's be honest, they don't did that for any other reason than to spare the tiny last bit of available funds that steadily get eaten up by the absurd amount of server ecosystem this game needs.  So even if the engine update will release, I don't see myself playing on a 100ms ping.

I mean they didn't move Citadel to the US, it's only hosted there temporarily until the server is ready. 

I guess they could have just not let Citadel players play at all, but the again no one is forcing you to play as is. 

Sorry, I don't have a lot of sympathy. I get 170ms to Jericho on a good day and there's nothing I can do about it. 

Edited by CookiePuss

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I get 170ms to Jericho on a good day...

Why? o.o

6 hours ago, Salvick said:

Why? o.o

My ISP likes to route me all around the country before ending at the server.

170ms... from Chicago 😩

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

170ms... from Chicago 😩

Perhaps you can try one of those services that re-route your connection to the shortest one? Normally they don't help much but if the issue is caused by the long route your ISP gives you it could be quite beneficial

2 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

Perhaps you can try one of those services that re-route your connection to the shortest one? Normally they don't help much but if the issue is caused by the long route your ISP gives you it could be quite beneficial

I will give that a try.

So far Ive found no solutions.

And on top of it all, this is the only ISP available in my area other than satellite.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

170ms... from Chicago 😩

Well, that's my average latency so now you know why I spent more time in Social District than playing the game along all this years, lol.

But I feel you man, I get randomly routed through Europe some times and my regular ~150ms raises up to +220ms, it has to do with the IPX and how companies decide to handle routing to avoid extra fees from third-party companies carrying their connections, or something like that.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:28 AM, EerieEric said:

I'm agree.  It's why I didn't come in here guns ablazing, capslock engaged, spamming CHEATERRRRRRR in my post.   I'm certain LO is doing their best to combat the issue of dirty players.  But some matches...christ alive.  Some matches had me shaking my head in disbelief.   Maybe i'm clueless to some of the techniques used.  But it had me questioning their legitimacy and their actions. hard.   I feel like there are some that have slipped under the radar and are abusing crap.  But I can't say with absolute certainty.

No you are right ,and there is no doubt,that there are players cheating or having reactions beyond human capability ,and on top of that, there are the cheater defender folks, who always talk like there are no cheaters, and or lately they didnt seen any cheaters. This people are really a joke and making themselfs clowns.

There are, at a certain point no techniques, only cheats. Every experienced player will have that feeling at a certain point in APB ,when he plays against cheater.

I know that ,and my friends know it too when we play APB and its disguisting to see players with absolutly ZERO skill Triggerbotting ,aimbotting ,Oscar macros user ,Speedhacks etc,...

GM's doing nothing, monitoring nothing ,and LO wont show banned people , because of name or shame, LO is letting cheaters destroy my and everyone else gameplay experience, and on top of that

cheaters who got banned or cheaters overall in APB remain anonymous. Its a shame playing a game where cheaters remain unnamed and not get banned.

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

Yes , there are still hackers in the game , last week i saw at least 2 hackers and im not playing since October , they are not afraid anymore
the game is wide open for them.
But hey , what can u do when u have same engine of a game Since 2010 with major problems and a LOT of BUGS
and your whole community sits on NA servers with 100ms plus ....and ppl still believe unreal 3.5 will be here...
i wonder if its the thing that will kill APB for ever since every update ends with 4-5 days of downtime and still back with problem, so imagine

whole new update that will change 70+ % of the game ... not sure if it will be successful.
i suggest ppl to start look at the problem and not cover it with hopes.

Edited by MarvellouS
  • Like 2