EerieEric

An honest discussion about APB

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

saying you don't believe in meta weapons is different from saying you don't believe in only using meta weapons

I should have gone more in depth to what I was saying.

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

that was pretty much my point, the ddosers were actively destroying the game by rendering it unplayable for extended periods, they weren't using their ability to ddos to only make people they shoot at lag for easy mission wins

similarly i think someone with access to apb's code is far more likely to be crashing servers or deleting characters rather than adding a few points of damage to their gun

i never said there were no cheaters - even in the quote you responded to i said it was a possibility, just unlikely imo 

Ah then I misunderstood what you were saying there.  My b dude.

2 hours ago, Bubush said:

to get any sort of connection to the APB server would send a reg flag up for unauthorized entry and the FBI , Interpol and other types of  government agency's  would be all over this.

to the best of my knowledge no such data breach has happened to APB especially in such a manner to win a game when they would steal your identity in real life instead.

doing such a breach would take a complete idiot to do it for just winning a match rather than financial gain by stealing your identity and money in real life , which is the only reason those breaches happen.

7 hours ago, Fenton said:

Most likely highly skilled players.

I have seen some suspicious ,however that does not mean they cheated.

it could of been lag , it could be better gaming reflexes or it could be a gaming mouse and a better computer.

none the less i seen two who decimated a team of 4 golds with 16 kills each and i personally got a single kill from being completely overwhelmed as well (I'm silver on NA)

the other golds on their team i believe only had time for 3 kills and the two silvers i am uncertain of

once again saying those two were suspicious against my teammates who were trying hard but were completely run over does not make the two on opps  cheaters. I only suspect.

A good portion of the games current population are really good. Which sucks for the rest of us but what can you do than do your best.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, Bubush said:

[...]because its a client side, and everything wich is located outside server, can be hacked with all kind of programs.

[...]he just flooded me with his scripts and ive got freezed.

There are good sections of the game that is client side, but a large amount is server side and (from my memory) if there is any conflict between client and server then server information is taken and client ignored. Just look at driving in a high lag moment. You think everything is fine, then you are told you didn't take that corner after all and you've been driving into this wall for the past two seconds.

As to those scripts... NOPE. I've had that sort of moment happen in game but (due to what I said above) I don't immediately jump to them hacking. If you 100% feel like that is the only thing they could be doing then ignore them in the mission and take on their mates. Find enjoyment elsewhere by the time they are caught and ejected you'll have forgotten all about them.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:28 AM, EerieEric said:

[...] it had me questioning their legitimacy and their actions. hard.   I feel like there are some that have slipped under the radar and are abusing crap.  But I can't say with absolute certainty.

There are certainly people abusing all manor of things in this game, but there is very little seriously egregious stuff happening to any level like it used to.

Anyone remember a certain Epic Goat? They weren't the only one by any means but I play far more games that I can easily put down to the opposition being veterans that just know what the hell they are doing than someone doing shady shit.

21 hours ago, Bubush said:

I play games since 1998 and when im saying ” Thats hack ” then means its a hack not bs

No, it just means that you have played a lot of different things and you have some knowledge. Unless you either code hacks yourself or you code for APB then you don't know anything about how this game does anything and you're just making a guess.

19 hours ago, EerieEric said:

I've seen people do some shady crap in this game and my stupid mind only tells me they are either scripting or macroing off the patootie to achieve such levels.  You have to also remember, those who do whatever with code will find a way.

Maybe I let too much go, or maybe I'm right to put things down to surprisingly fortuitous lag spikes but my advice would be to take more deep breaths and look more for enjoyment than giving into the frustration. I'm not saying you aren't doing that already, it is good more for others reading this.

When it comes to macros... that is a whole topic that I DO feel needs to be curtailed. Some people know exactly what they are doing and cover it as much as possible, others think that because a bit of software comes with their mouse/keyboard then it can/should legitimately be used in any game they want without any issue. Same sort of thing for monitors that have internal/software crosshairs.

"Not my fault if you can't afford this, I bought it so I could use it. .... What do you mean it is against the rules? How will they know?"

Some things that are server sided and can not be changed by cheats:

Weapon damage

Player health

Weapon rate of fire

Base accuracy 

Bloom

1 hour ago, Jobs2k said:

Same sort of thing for monitors that have internal/software crosshairs.

static crosshairs are not against the rules as long as you aren’t editing the game files to use them

True, but it is 'morally low' at the very least ...not that is it* really helps in this game.

Edited by Jobs2k

1 hour ago, Jobs2k said:

True, but it is 'morally low' at the very least ...not that is it* really helps in this game.

it’s not “morally low” at all, because it’s no longer against the letter or the spirit of the game according to mattscott’s clarification on overlay crosshairs 

36 minutes ago, Solamente said:

it’s not “morally low” at all, because it’s no longer against the letter or the spirit of the game according to mattscott’s clarification on overlay crosshairs 

It might help your point if you provide a source for that. My current response is:

It's not "morally low" to murder someone as the law says it is no longer against the spirit of survival...

Different views and I'm not aiming to derail the thread.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, Bubush said:

Is possible, if you know to code, my weapon never ever changed his position and never got blocked or freezed because of some personal hardware issues, there is no graphs issue or things like that on my system and apb runs normally, in that case was hack, and its real, they edit the memory of the game and inject hacks into the game, maybe even they can reach the server side!

Its true, its not bs and are not lies, the truth man, thats why the ppl complain so much about cheating because the game is very easy to hack and there are cheaters, many!

I play games since 1998 and when im saying ” Thats hack ” then means its a hack not bs, its rly sad that nothing can be done to stop this guys, because the game have a huge potential.

The fact that you mention that it isn't "because of some personal hardware issues [...] or things like that on my system" just clearly explains your knowledge about these matters is below 0.

You "play games since 1998" yet have you ever coded anything at all or at least a cheat? Or do you even used a cheat at all in any other games?
Let me insist, it is not possible for a client side script or code or however you wants to call it to "inject" anything in "the memory of the game" server side.

They only can control their own computer behavior and there's so few they can do without triggering the anti-cheat measures in place unless they totally bypass it which requires even more complicated steps to accomplish.

Now going on topic;

Many people here admitted they have been cheating on APB and never got caught in a while if they even got banned at all, most of them knows other cheaters who got caught and re-rolled once and again many times too, so they actually know better than many of us how cheats works and how cheaters handle it to get away with it.

Personally I used to cheat a lot on a different game back in 2003/2005 which also was a third person shooter running on Unreal Engine and I can tell you that someone can last years without being detected, you can even make friendship with admins and convince them you are just good and getting hackusated for it, you can even get unbanned through forums if you are charismatic enough and you can spot other cheaters and get them banned by the admins if you try. That's just a part of the lot of stuff I've seen going on in that game and similarities with APB are vast and accurate.

But if you stick only to wallhacks it is impossible to detect it or get a player banned for it because there always will be a chance that the guy was just "lucky" enough to find eveyrone on every corner every single time.

For aimbot, although anticheat usually detect these, if they manage to bypass the anticheat, they usually bind the toggle button to a common key, let's say "leaning", and they just tap it a bit when they need to land some shots avoiding to snap every time they engage in combat.

There are more tricks like avoiding the first place in the scoreboard and letting experienced players kill you or toggling completely off when you think someone could spot you so that way they can last longer avoiding the ban hammer.

So answer is yes, there are cheaters in this game like in any other game, the most important issue I see is that once the GMs monitored a reported player and they conclude that he wasn't cheating then, if the case is that this player has been applying any of the techniques I just mentioned, chances are that said player will never be monitored again since the GMs might consider the case closed or such. Not sure if that's how it works here but is just what I think may happen.

Regards.

1 hour ago, Jobs2k said:

It might help your point if you provide a source for that. My current response is:

It's not "morally low" to murder someone as the law says it is no longer against the spirit of survival...

Different views and I'm not aiming to derail the thread.

Look, I can take a piece of tape and stick it in the middle of my monitor. That's not cheating right? No publisher in the world can detect a piece of tape on your monitor. Overlays have come up, currently my stance is "We're not banning for crosshair overlays, anything outside of the game. Don't go editing any of the images or any of the crosshairs ingame, don't start tweaking around with things. If you want to run something outside of the game, we can stop them but we are not going to police to that level of what's happening on your PC while you're playing the game. The trick is don't modify the files, but overlays can be used.

source: 

they can’t detect them and it’s a waste of time even trying, comparing a visual crosshair preference to murder is beyond asinine 

Haven't met anyone I really felt cheated in a long while. Just some really sweaty players though

15 hours ago, Salvick said:

The fact that you mention that it isn't "because of some personal hardware issues [...] or things like that on my system" just clearly explains your knowledge about these matters is below 0.

You "play games since 1998" yet have you ever coded anything at all or at least a cheat? Or do you even used a cheat at all in any other games?
Let me insist, it is not possible for a client side script or code or however you wants to call it to "inject" anything in "the memory of the game" server side.

They only can control their own computer behavior and there's so few they can do without triggering the anti-cheat measures in place unless they totally bypass it which requires even more complicated steps to accomplish.

Now going on topic;

Many people here admitted they have been cheating on APB and never got caught in a while if they even got banned at all, most of them knows other cheaters who got caught and re-rolled once and again many times too, so they actually know better than many of us how cheats works and how cheaters handle it to get away with it.

Personally I used to cheat a lot on a different game back in 2003/2005 which also was a third person shooter running on Unreal Engine and I can tell you that someone can last years without being detected, you can even make friendship with admins and convince them you are just good and getting hackusated for it, you can even get unbanned through forums if you are charismatic enough and you can spot other cheaters and get them banned by the admins if you try. That's just a part of the lot of stuff I've seen going on in that game and similarities with APB are vast and accurate.

But if you stick only to wallhacks it is impossible to detect it or get a player banned for it because there always will be a chance that the guy was just "lucky" enough to find eveyrone on every corner every single time.

For aimbot, although anticheat usually detect these, if they manage to bypass the anticheat, they usually bind the toggle button to a common key, let's say "leaning", and they just tap it a bit when they need to land some shots avoiding to snap every time they engage in combat.

There are more tricks like avoiding the first place in the scoreboard and letting experienced players kill you or toggling completely off when you think someone could spot you so that way they can last longer avoiding the ban hammer.

So answer is yes, there are cheaters in this game like in any other game, the most important issue I see is that once the GMs monitored a reported player and they conclude that he wasn't cheating then, if the case is that this player has been applying any of the techniques I just mentioned, chances are that said player will never be monitored again since the GMs might consider the case closed or such. Not sure if that's how it works here but is just what I think may happen.

Regards.

You talk about things wich you have no ideea kiddy.

Everything wich is client sided can be hacked more or less!

Stop trolling.

1 hour ago, botting said:

Haven't met anyone I really felt cheated in a long while. Just some really sweaty players though

You are noob (or you forget how is to play apb without hacks), you dont know how cheats works, thats why for guys like you there are no cheaters, you dont have an ideea about hacks and how they work.

Saying ” i saw a cheater two months ago ” its like saying the last time you seen the moon was 2 months ago.

Edited by Bubush

2 hours ago, Bubush said:

You are noob (or you forget how is to play apb without hacks), you dont know how cheats works, thats why for guys like you there are no cheaters, you dont have an ideea about hacks and how they work.

Saying ” i saw a cheater two months ago ” its like saying the last time you seen the moon was 2 months ago.

You're silver and don't even understand 10% of the game

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubush said:

Stop trolling.

being the first person to resort to name calling because you have nothing of substance to add doesn’t really make you seem like a credible source tbh, just another garbage player who’s ego can’t handle the reality that there’s people out there who are better 

Edited by Solamente
typo

18 hours ago, Solamente said:

source: 

Thank you for providing that. You said that it was no longer against the spirit of the game.

That is not the impression I get when reading it.

"You mentioned crosshairs, this is a super controversial one." - Recognises that it is a difficult topic to deal with.

"Look, I can take a piece of tape and stick it in the middle of my monitor. That's not cheating right?" - The second sentence there is a question not a statement. This hooks into the 'controversial' nature whilst not outright stating what side the official stance falls on.

Cheating can easily be described as 'gaining an unfair advantage through methods outside of skill and experience'. So it could be considered cheating. In this game... I doubt it does much if anything.

"No publisher in the world can detect a piece of tape on your monitor." - 'We can't detect it' isn't 'we're happy for people to do it'.

"Overlays have come up, currently my stance is "We're not banning for crosshair overlays, anything outside of the game. [...] The trick is don't modify the files, but overlays can be used." - This does clarify that an overlay can be used, and there is logic that could extend that to mean that monitor crosshair and even tape can be used, but again doesn't state that LO are happy for it to happen or that it is within the spirit of the game. It seems more like they accept that it would be far too hard for them to police and they haven't got the ability, time or inclination to attempt it, thus they aren't going to bother.

All that said... I get it. I'm not overly fussed about it. I (again) doubt it really helps in many situations in this game and you can get the same sort of end result with subconscious learning.

18 hours ago, Solamente said:

they can’t detect them and it’s a waste of time even trying, comparing a visual crosshair preference to murder is beyond asinine 

Of this I am aware. I was doing it to make a point, not directly compare the two topics. Just because an authority says they feel something is acceptable it doesn't mean everyone agrees. As I said; its different views. I feel it is morally low to use something like a monitor based crosshair in this (or any other PvP shooter) game... but I also said that I believe it doesn't help in this game anyway. I'm 100% likely to believe a person is using a trigger-bot rather than a monitor sight if I feel a situation was questionable.

10 hours ago, Bubush said:

Stop trolling.

You're right, I apologize.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, CookiePuss said:

For anyone reading... This is not possible, even if cheating. 

You are either willfully misinformed or duplicitous. It's happened to me before as well, albeit it was a few years ago. I hardly play APB much nowadays. There are several known ways freezing up the other player can be accomplished and have been talked about in several games.  While from a script based cheat program view, it would not be possible... it is in fact what a lag-switch does.... and it's well documented... for years.... I'm sure you know that but are just pretending not to. I actually learned about it like 10 years ago playing old Shadowbane... when Chinese hacker guilds/clans would cause us to freeze up or black screen... for a few moments.  Once we could see again, and move again... me and my team were already dead.

"In the peer-to-peer gaming model, lagging is what happens when the stream of data between one or more players gets slowed or interrupted, causing movement to stutter and making opponents appear to behave erratically. By using a lag switch, a player is able to disrupt uploads from the client to the server, while their own client queues up the actions performed. The goal is to gain advantage over another player without reciprocation; opponents slow down or stop moving, allowing the lag switch user to easily outmaneuver them." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games#Artificial_lag/lag_switch

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Hey!

6 minutes ago, Hey! said:

You are either willfully misinformed or duplicitous. It's happened to me before as well, albeit it was a few years ago. I hardly play APB much nowadays. There are several known ways freezing up the other player can be accomplished and have been talked about in several games.  While from a script based cheat program view, it would not be possible... it is in fact what a lag-switch does.... and it's well documented... for years.... I'm sure you know that but are just pretending not to. I actually learned about it like 10 years ago playing old Shadowbane... when Chinese hacker guilds/clans would cause us to freeze up or black screen... for a few moments.  Once we could see again, and move again... me and my team were already dead.

"In the peer-to-peer gaming model, lagging is what happens when the stream of data between one or more players gets slowed or interrupted, causing movement to stutter and making opponents appear to behave erratically. By using a lag switch, a player is able to disrupt uploads from the client to the server, while their own client queues up the actions performed. The goal is to gain advantage over another player without reciprocation; opponents slow down or stop moving, allowing the lag switch user to easily outmaneuver them." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games#Artificial_lag/lag_switch

I've had a few times in the past where certain players would use /w then i'd crash lol. But i think G1 might have fixed it with their anticrash stuff.

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol that's great and all. 

Just not what he was talking about. 

Also, when lag switching is done in apb it effects the player using it, not other players. If you've seen players skipping around on your screen, your shots not registering, or suddenly dieing without being shot, you've maybe seen a lag switcher. 

It was a real problem in game a while ago, but I haven't seen it recently. It's possible players have found a new way to do it, but again, I've not seen it recently. 

Edited by CookiePuss

tbh i cant remember the last time i saw a wallhacker or aimbotter. i dont think i ever have tbh i think LO has done a good job eradicating aimbots & wallhacks. 

there are lots of triggerbotters & macro users though. lots of gaming mice come with macros so you can't really do much about the latter. but the anti-cheat really needs to learn how to detect the former better.

but other than that most people you think are cheating are actually just dethreaters

Edited by postalgril

since im the best player on eu i can confirm that you can still aimbot & speedhack case closed.

• Like 1

Just now, Rat1oNRUs said:

since im the best player on eu i can confirm that you can still aimbot & speedhack case closed.

pro gamer

You want an honest opinion about APB: Reloaded? Here's one - I'm glad that this amazing game was reborn after initially died and was kept alive for almost 10 years now so I and many other people that missed their shot with RealtimeWorlds had a chance to play it. I used to spend alot of time in it back in the day... now I only get back to it every few months for a few days (mostly holidays when Im home) and I'm just glad it's still here. Allot of good memories lie in this game for me and I pay my greatest respect to anyone who was involved in making that happen. As for cheaters, being stomped and such.. I used to be a top gold player.. and I gotta say these days are one of the most cheat-free days ever in APB, so even though I'm not in my best shape and most of the time I get the same experience like the one you're describing.. even if someone uses some harmless stuff like makro and shit.. well quite frankly I just don't give a fuck, cause I don't even notice it. I used to fight against aimbots and tryhard kids back in the day and now I just enjoy the show with no hard feelings and so should everybody, cause in the end its just a game initially ment to offer the best customization experience, which btw is still unbeaten.  Peace.. 🙂

• Like 2

No, people killing you with an N-Tec in 0.9 secs with 5 perfectly placed shots from 70m through a bridge railing is perfectly normal.

Landing 4 perfect hits with an Act 44 at 50m on a briefly visible and moving target in less than a second is perfectly normal.

Dodging every shot your opponent fires at you while retaining perfect aim and still moving in an area not bigger than 2 meters is perfectly normal.

Spinning around wildly to kill 3 opponents who come at you from 3 different sides in short succession at different ranges with a PMG and not missing a single shot - perfectly normal.

Git gud and uninstall.

• Like 1