MattScott

Holiday Event 2019 12/23 - 1/15

13 hours ago, _gousk said:

12 guns of xmas was ok , bring it back.

They just need to enable blowtorch for all primaries and maybe add different set or sets of weapons.

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

NOTE: We hit a snag yesterday with some incompatible CPUs that were accidentally ordered by our vendor and shipped to the new EU datacenter. Replacements have been organized and shipped locally. I'm working with our team over there to expedite things.

haha

O great, more grinding. 100 kills, Excuse me? "survive" in beacon?

"The rules for the event are simple:

Find the pure “Holiday Cheer” snowman in the holiday version of Beacon to become the Nutcracker Prince and start the event (Timer Starts).

The Nutcracker Prince must “dose” (kill) other players to convert them to their Nutcracker Army (Nutcracker Soldiers). NOTE: The Nutcracker Prince and Nutcracker Soldiers will see all “non-dosed” players as the Sugar Plum Fairy.

Nutcracker Soldiers must also “dose” (kill) other players to recruit them into the Nutcracker Army.

Sugar Plum Fairies (Survivors) must avoid being “dosed” (killed) until the time runs out (Timer Ends)."

You realise how small the map is? This aint Halloween.

25 events. Merry Grindmas

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

This should run on a whole district like the Halloween event (or at least on a bigger part than Beacon) and keep Beacon for 12 Deaths of Christmas...

But this is only my opinion.

17 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Free stuff that you actually gota earn that wont be put out on armas for those who dont wana play? Putting it on armas means those who want the stuff dont gota play, which means less pop to play against.

yeah, especially those eu-f...ricks, force them to play on super high latency servers (unless they are up as planned. which hopefully will be the case but who knows.)

i didn't even see anything about armas - i do hope it'll be on armas though.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, Solamente said:

i was really looking forward to 12 deaths of xmas and snowball mayhem tbh, but new rewards help with the disappointment 

since this is a reskin of the halloween event will we have to deal with the heavy fog and terrible lighting/shaders or have those been altered?

and any chance we can get previews of the new weapon skin effects?

Hallucinogenic drugs, man they really love that fod don't they?

On 12/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, MattScott said:

NOTE: We hit a snag yesterday with some incompatible CPUs that were accidentally ordered by our vendor and shipped to the new EU datacenter. Replacements have been organized and shipped locally. I'm working with our team over there to expedite things.

Stuck in customs and now this. Comedy gold.

Why are you not using the Game Updates section to post game updates?

On 12/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, MattScott said:

We hit a snag yesterday with some incompatible CPUs that were accidentally ordered by our vendor and shipped to the new EU datacenter. Replacements have been organized and shipped locally. I'm working with our team over there to expedite things.

Don't take this personally, but this is starting to look like reloaded-era G1 excuses to me... I hope we don't need to see more of these...

On 12/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, Zolerox said:

You realise how small the map is? This aint Halloween.

Boils down to how short a round is.

If the hunt only lasts for a few minutes you can probably fortify to the top floor against the nutcrackers.

11 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Boils down to how short a round is.

If the hunt only lasts for a few minutes you can probably fortify to the top floor against the nutcrackers.

That's a good point but 1 thing has me still worried "with his “snow ball” launcher full of “Holiday Cheer.”

If thats anything like the "Butcher's" launcher survival might not be as possible as halloween was. A launcher that bassicly fires Percussion grenades that do concussion grenade damage is no joke. 

On 12/19/2019 at 8:37 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

This is a rinse of headless horseman. Nothing wrong with that event but do we really need it to run 2x a yr? Your also releasing all the items in armas so whats the push to play the event?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Free stuff that you actually gota earn that wont be put out on armas for those who dont wana play? Putting it on armas means those who want the stuff dont gota play, which means less pop to play against.

The way I see it is releasing holiday event rewards means those that REALLY wanted the rewards but were unable to unlock them all at the time, were busy with work or were away on vacation during the holiday can now unlock those rewards.

With previous events rewards now unlocked, It mean new rewards and events can be made and old events do not need to be rerun for those very few number of players that didn't do the previous events.

The holiday reward packs will only be added to Armas after the holiday event has finished.

As for this christmas being a rerun of headless horseman event, I'm going to say what we've been saying to other for years... D o you the f-cking engine upgrade done or not because it's 2020 and it still not ready!

Matt scott said that some working on the Engine Upgrade assisted with the Christmas holiday event. Yes it is delayed but so what we are still getting the event... like shooting others in face in a virtual civil unrest is what christmas is about anyway.

Don't go asking or expecting too much, Be happy Christmas wasn't cancelled like last Valentines!

...sorry but there has been so much b!tching over this holiday event, The alternative is you don't get a event or you get the same sh!t as 2015.

Edited by VickyFox
double post

2 hours ago, VickyFox said:

The way I see it is releasing holiday event rewards means those that REALLY wanted the rewards but were unable to unlock them all at the time, were busy with work or were away on vacation during the holiday can now unlock those rewards.

With previous events rewards now unlocked, It mean new rewards and events can be made and old events do not need to be rerun for those very few number of players that didn't do the previous events.

The holiday reward packs will only be added to Armas after the holiday event has finished.

As for this christmas being a rerun of headless horseman event, I'm going to say what we've been saying to other for years... D o you the f-cking engine upgrade done or not because it's 2020 and it still not ready!

Matt scott said that some working on the Engine Upgrade assisted with the Christmas holiday event. Yes it is delayed but so what we are still getting the event... like shooting others in face in a virtual civil unrest is what christmas is about anyway.

Don't go asking or expecting too much, Be happy Christmas wasn't cancelled like last Valentines!

...sorry but there has been so much b!tching over this holiday event, The alternative is you don't get a event or you get the same sh!t as 2015.

Its horseman, in a MUCH smaller map, with no possible way to hide or run to survive. they took horseman and made it worse

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

The alternative is you don't get a event or you get the same sh!t as 2015.

12 deaths is the superior event tho, i would have loved a rerun of that with new rewards 

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

12 deaths is the superior event tho, i would have loved a rerun of that with new rewards 

Go play on console then

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its horseman, in a MUCH smaller map, with no possible way to hide or run to survive. they took horseman and made it worse

Honestly What is christmas to any other day of the year in the context of APB? Christmas is meant to be a time for peace, good will and giving, Yet  I'll say it publicly that you're acting like a whiney little entitled B!tch. Like I said, the Christmas event could of been cancelled and not been done at all this year and if you don't like the event then you don't have to play it.

I realise it is a worse version of Horseman because the map is unpractical and inappropriate for the gameplay style intended with the Horsman. As a Brit I think these rewards are disappointing and less interesting to me than Brexit! I really couldn't care less for this event but be thankful we got something.

I've only just got home from a REALLY bad day from work, I would be happy to talk about it to you tomorrow on discord.

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

Seriously?

The halloween event which is meant to be for a district wide map, rebranded and put into a fightclub map and you're telling me 12 death was superior...?

How did I notice this before, Somebody give this guy a f-cking medal!

Sincerely I'm sorry to the 4 people in this thread who didn't get the half a decade old rerun.

What's better: A rerun of something old with new rewards or a remake of something else with new rewards.

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

Honestly What is christmas to any other day of the year in the context of APB? Christmas is meant to be a time for peace, good will and giving, Yet  I'll say it publicly that you're acting like a whiney little entitled B!tch. Like I said, the Christmas event could of been cancelled and not been done at all this year and if you don't like the event then you don't have to play it.

I realise it is a worse version of Horseman because the map is unpractical and inappropriate for the gameplay style intended with the Horsman. As a Brit I think these rewards are disappointing and less interesting to me than Brexit! I really couldn't care less for this event but be thankful we got something.

I've only just got home from a REALLY bad day from work, I would be happy to talk about it to you tomorrow on discord.

Seriously?

The halloween event which is meant to be for a district wide map, rebranded and put into a fightclub map and you're telling me 12 death was superior...?

Sincerely I'm sorry to the 4 people in this thread who didn't get the half a decade old rerun.

What's better: A rerun of something old with new rewards or a remake of something else with new rewards.

Its valid, and just a heads up dont even bother trying the event the achievements are all bugged they arent counting so if you do something you dont get anything for it.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

Seriously?

if you're on the same page then why bother typing out a reply that says otherwise?

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Go play on console then

don't have one, otherwise i probably would tbh

Edited by Solamente
merged

So what's the new skin about:

bf39fbbc4229bab15ceeb78866644c15.gif

d6e7887add44158d923aad04e89553c0.gif

036c070fa066e2662558068fbb44a61d.gif

Edited by Ellix
  • Like 1

Oh btw, you just fixed the invisibility of the skin, still don't works.

Im talking about OCA Whisper, if you choose Occult-Demoness it shows same as Default one.

Please fix. @MattScott

Hi there,

We are looking at that issue. There were other more important things to fix first.

Thanks,

Matt

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, MattScott said:

For Console, we still can't patch, so we'll be running the Elves and 12 Deaths.

So is the SDK not approved or verified or what?

What needs to be fixed removed is the stupid snowball fighting.. it feels like we're some monkeys or mentally challenged kids when playing the current pc event.. running around for 14min, throwing dozens of snowballs and barely hitting anything.. Can't say for everyone but pretty sure that if it wasn't for the new items, most of the players would just stick to fight club or missions. Honestly, all i'm getting from the current event is just annoyment. 

This game has so much potential with its gameplay, but it feels like someones grandma planned the event.. Its just plain boring.

If you could not come up with something creative/interesting due lack of time then at least bring back 12 deaths instead.. its still better than what we have now..

Sorry for the rant post, i'm just disappointed 😞

• Like 1

Also i was curious about something, why don't we have our beautiful christmas dump trucks with the lights and the hat? 😞

Reference image:

truck.png

@MattScott

• Like 4