postalgril

are bronzes allowed to play yet?

52 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Unfortunately G1 made this a problem when they desegregated BRs from NA and Russians from EU. One of their top mistakes right there and so long as this continues the language barrier and distance lag will bog the game down.

culture shock can only be overcome by reaching out and striving together for a better tomorrow.

segregation only keeps it that way and it only becomes worse since opinions turn into facts from anger and hatred growing.

a global networking would help solve this which is what Little Orbit is working on and hopefully can complete this soon

Edited by Fortune Runner

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I too would like less than 100 players on Jericho, just to appease your xenophobia.

the br/ru segregation was a good thing, however, with such little pop, and seemingly HALF the districts being BR to even have opposition, sadly it's not feasible anymore. It sucks though having such useless teamates who can't even understand english to coordinate. They don't even listen/know the basic NWSE callouts. The other issue with them is watching them warp and rubberband in front of me. Like cool thanks, great teleport skillz there, glad I died to that bullshoot.

I guess the only "good" thing is that half the time they play so bad its a fairly easy win. /shrug

Edited by Noob_Guardian

9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

A decent way would be to get the culture of the vets still playing to change for the better, [...] help new players instead of shitting on them. So many things we can do yet refuse to.

8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Unfortunately G1 made this a problem when they desegregated BRs from NA and Russians from EU. One of their top mistakes right there and so long as this continues the language barrier and distance lag will bog the game down.

c5ziTFLu_400x400.jpg

12 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Why was the thread restriction removed anyway? No playerbase? 

with eu instances being hosted on the na servers there’s not enough room to have threat restricted instances iirc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:16 AM, CookiePuss said:

cut me some slack, Im almost to 6 max ranks and around 6,000 hrs since 2017

-snip-

APB being what APB is, is the reason for the decline. Its not cheaters, its not matchmaking, its not what color or symbol is used to display your ELO. Its APB itself.

You have zero credibility.  The reasons for APB's gradual decline (and yes I was there... and this is my second forum account.  I got moderated on the first one and stopped posting for a couple months in disgust and then forgot the login and made this one.  I actually started playing when APB opened on Steam Dec of 2012, by no means was I an RTW veteran, but the best years of APB included playing with the talented and skilled RTW vet crowd).  Regardless... among the multifactorial causes of APB's decline are precisely those things you deny... and do not know JACK -F'ING- SHIT about. I couldn't give a rat's turd how many accounts you made since 2017. You aren't entitled to an opinion because you do not know how the game has changed, how it declined, or what those factors were that actually hurt it severely...

Merged.

On 1/5/2020 at 4:23 AM, Fortune Runner said:

culture shock can only be overcome by reaching out and striving together for a better tomorrow.

segregation only keeps it that way and it only becomes worse since opinions turn into facts from anger and hatred growing.

a global networking would help solve this which is what Little Orbit is working on and hopefully can complete this soon

In an ideal world this would work... all the snowflakes could join hands in social and sing kumbaya... but in the real world, Language and Country are kinship ties and the Brs and Rus will stick together to destroy the fun of non-Brs and non-Rus, regardless of team.  When I played on Nekrova and didn't speak Russian or write in Cyrillic, no one cut me any slack... and often I would get TK'd into quitting.  Today, a lot of the hate is caused by the anti-American insults blasted in chat or whispers by the Brs... I do not know what the Rus are even saying.  We also have hardcore knit groups of Turks and, used to be Germans.  Among other things, they stick together against all else... whereas Americans... composed of, you know, people whose background probably includes those ethnicities or close neighbors... are the ones who get shafted,,, and then blamed for intolerance... what a croc of shi=t.

Segregation by Country worked because it prevented "in-groups" from sabotaging the fun of the majority playerbase hardcore to dominate the game for "their ethnic loyalties."

Merged.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:54 PM, Solamente said:

ive been here since 2011 and while i'm pretty vocal about obt being a better version of apb i also feel like i can take off the rose tinted glasses and remember that apb back then was just as "toxic" as it is now - the community and the game really haven't changed that much, just gotten smaller

That's not even possible when the population has shrunk so dramatically that all we have left is a concentrated soundbite of the most bitter folks who still bother to play.  How could it logically be the same when there used to be full districts and your matches were very rarely with the same toxic guys?  Now, of course... you play the same guys over and over and over... because there's no one left in the matchmaking pool.... except the old farts who pissed in it.

Merged.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:59 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is the same backend system, glicko1/2. The only changes were how the colours were displayed. Those colours are not actually used for the matchmaking, your hidden ELO/MMR is.

Who cares if it's using the same backend system, G1 tweaked and changed it multiple times... and always with unforeseen results and more bugs... and the system gradually became more and more unbalanced and more and more broken. The game today is radically NOT the same as when I started.  The scoring system changed, and you could lose more threat more quickly.  What this means is that a Gold 10 in a district could afford to fight a few losing matches against an army of bronzies without losing significant threat... so there was no real impetous to WTFpwn them all.  Once the system was tweaked to a certain point then missions started to be more hardcore... bronzies/greens/Trainees started getting trashed/shamed/ TK'd until they quit so they put in the system where they needed a demerit... which just meant they were baited into leaving the match after being tricked into a TK, like a gold running in front of their car.  Nowadays full groups of golds do the same thing to silvers... because they cannot afford the inefficiency... but when I started playing the scoring system wasn't so aggressive... and consequently... while their have always been highly competitive and aggressive clans... the majority of the population tended to be more chill... it didn't affect them if they lost a few matches while the trainee naded himself trying to open the door.

A lot of things changed over time.  The matchmaking/threat and scoring system changed an absurd amount of times... because G1 could never get it right... and every change they made had a more negative consequence... like when Threat Segregation rolled out... and all the Golds went to the Bronze districts to roll the noobs... then they were locked to Golds and Golds couldn't even play for want of a gold district.  But you know all this... you just like to argue nonsense in an effort to be edgy and "right" despite being honest about the actual alterations to the original game that put APB on Life Support.  G1 was incompetent.  It didn't help that the RTW staff wandered off to make a failed MMO.

22 minutes ago, Hey! said:

In an ideal world this would work... all the snowflakes could join hands in social and sing kumbaya... but in the real world, Language and Country are kinship ties and the Brs and Rus will stick together to destroy the fun of non-Brs and non-Rus, regardless of team.  When I played on Nekrova and didn't speak Russian or write in Cyrillic, no one cut me any slack... and often I would get TK'd into quitting.  Today, a lot of the hate is caused by the anti-American insults blasted in chat or whispers by the Brs... I do not know what the Rus are even saying.  We also have hardcore knit groups of Turks and, used to be Germans.  Among other things, they stick together against all else... whereas Americans... composed of, you know, people whose background probably includes those ethnicities or close neighbors... are the ones who get shafted,,, and then blamed for intolerance... what a croc of shi=t.

Segregation by Country worked because it prevented "in-groups" from sabotaging the fun of the majority playerbase hardcore to dominate the game for "their ethnic loyalties."

and yet we have been doing so regardless.

its no where near as hostile when the  Br's first came here because we are bridging that gap with or without you.

I even get along much better with yood and have a lot of fun playing with yood now

1 minute ago, Hey! said:

Who cares if it's using the same backend system

every last thread that thought it was not perhaps...... yeah that sound about right

57 minutes ago, Hey! said:

You have zero credibility.  The reasons for APB's gradual decline (and yes I was there... and this is my second forum account.  I got moderated on the first one and stopped posting for a couple months in disgust and then forgot the login and made this one.  I actually started playing when APB opened on Steam Dec of 2012, by no means was I an RTW veteran, but the best years of APB included playing with the talented and skilled RTW vet crowd).  Regardless... among the multifactorial causes of APB's decline are precisely those things you deny... and do not know JACK -F'ING- SHIT about. I couldn't give a rat's turd how many accounts you made since 2017. You aren't entitled to an opinion because you do not know how the game has changed, how it declined, or what those factors were that actually hurt it severely...

oof... that's pretty mean fam

only account I made in or since 2017 was a new forum account btw

33 minutes ago, Hey! said:

That's not even possible when the population has shrunk so dramatically that all we have left is a concentrated soundbite of the most bitter folks who still bother to play.  How could it logically be the same when there used to be full districts and your matches were very rarely with the same toxic guys?  Now, of course... you play the same guys over and over and over... because there's no one left in the matchmaking pool.... except the old farts who pissed in it.

it's not like when there were more districts because of more population that also meant there were more toxic players, not to mention there were basically no rules under g1

whether you want to recognize it or not the game is largely the same, from the same arguments (including this very "the game was better at x time" argument) to the same slices of population to the same exploits and bugs - in the end that's what really killed apb, it's not only stale but it's literally never worked

hahaha lots of pots calling kettles black on this thread. This is awesome

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Tumblez said:

Treating it as anything more than a silly little game would be self-inflicting turbo cancer. 

There is wisdom in this.

It is only a game.

• Like 1

Threat levels imo should be based on K/D and the whole matchmaking thing. As someone said already, gold players (these who are perma gold and never drop silver) are a completely different league, like invincible gods. They should always play only against other players from their league. Bronze/silver or even normal gold usually can't even touch these guys, they solo multikill everything. There are many people who will never reach that level or be anywhere close because they have some disabilities, play casually, don't have the best settings/pc or just don't care to tryhard and be competitive like many golds. Just let us play with people similar to us, and make them play against people similar to them, simple as that.

Missions are usually 2-8 players so it's not really hard to match proper people, i always see them when i drive around and if we had some phasing or similar kind of thing that would search on all districts then the current playerbase is more than enough for it to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SA58-para said:

Threat levels imo should be based on K/D and the whole matchmaking thing. As someone said already, gold players (these who are perma gold and never drop silver) are a completely different league, like invincible gods. They should always play only against other players from their league. Bronze/silver or even normal gold usually can't even touch these guys, they solo multikill everything. There are many people who will never reach that level or be anywhere close because they have some disabilities, play casually, don't have the best settings/pc or just don't care to tryhard and be competitive like many golds. Just let us play with people similar to us, and make them play against people similar to them, simple as that.

Missions are usually 2-8 players so it's not really hard to match proper people, i always see them when i drive around and if we had some phasing or similar kind of thing that would search on all districts then the current playerbase is more than enough for it to work.

Yeah. i can't even get a kill on some guys but I wonder if there is any matchmaking going on at all. 

Like, I haven't played for ages and get thrown with silvers and even bronzies vs all golds. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 1

Just yesterday I was put against two gold players, while I was given a trainee and a rank 40 silver player on my team (being a silver myself at the time). The trainee wouldn't even come to the objective and the silver did nothing but die, eventually giving up and driving around after 3 deaths. So I was forced to fight two high rank golds on my own, with no option to remove my teammates or call backup, barely kept my K/D near 1, and eventually lost. Both matchmaking and the evaluation of players' capabilities needs a rework. A trainee should not even count as much as a green player, and players that are 300+ meters away from the objective for ~3+ minutes with no damage given or received should be given demerits for not participating.

And to add on the topic, perhaps an incentive can be given to lower threat players to play against higher threats, maybe higher rewards to experience and APB$ to get them to actually play

(Of course, with an improved matchmaking and skill evaluation in place).

Edited by trashpanda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

Just yesterday I was put against two gold players, while I was given a trainee and a rank 40 silver player on my team (being a silver myself at the time). The trainee wouldn't even come to the objective and the silver did nothing but die, eventually giving up and driving around after 3 deaths. So I was forced to fight two high rank golds on my own, with no option to remove my teammates or call backup, barely kept my K/D near 1, and eventually lost. Both matchmaking and the evaluation of players' capabilities needs a rework. A trainee should not even count as much as a green player, and players that are 300+ meters away from the objective for ~3+ minutes with no damage given or received should be given demerits for not participating.

The story of my life.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:46 PM, Tumblez said:

Treating it as anything more than a silly little game would be self-inflicting turbo cancer. 

That's why all that's left of this "community" is a glorified malignant polyp in the colon of the video gaming industry.

I've met 2, kind of 3, nice people since I came back a few months ago - the rest have been "turbo cancer" edge lords.

• Like 2

hey... we should bring back open conflict after this

I just wanted to make this joke now so I can refer to it once this suggestion is made again, but not in jest.

9dMaz6V.gif

Edited by CookiePuss

the European part of the players always got advantages . they could play comfortably in both the US and Asia .

4 hours ago, yood said:

the European part of the players always got advantages . they could play comfortably in both the US and Asia .

Not against you yood. I am never comfortable around you.

8 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

That's why all that's left of this "community" is a glorified malignant polyp in the colon of the video gaming industry.

I've met 2, kind of 3, nice people since I came back a few months ago - the rest have been "turbo cancer" edge lords.

Sadly most of them are on the fence waiting for the engine upgrade or outright quit the game as they got tired of waiting. Theres afew good ppl out there but most playing are the toxics that have dragged down this community for so many yrs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rooq said:

Not against you yood. I am never comfortable around you.

I'm against you . you only become good on special occasions .

old calluses

Edited by yood

everything Firebat speaks is the truth!

tumblr_p2gqw1q7Db1rkctppo1_500.gifv

kill em with fire!

13 hours ago, yood said:

I'm against you . you only become good on special occasions .

old calluses

I love you.

Everyone should be gold honestly...

Yikes 

Edited by Fruitini