postalgril

are bronzes allowed to play yet?

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

2 million registered accounts (the claim was 3 btw) in a game that peaked somewhere around 150k players and lost 99%+ of it's player base in the first year. 

But yeah, let's bring back the threat system used in that time. 

this number included all created and registered accounts . twice the base of accounts was wound up by the company G1 ( the action to put a like on Facebook and the action of a Ghost friend )

in any case, these numbers were never correct .

On 12/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, Solamente said:

what makes the “real” gold clans toxic other than wanting to play as best they can?

Curb stomping literally anything that comes up in Red regardless of skill, equipment, rank or general experience and showing absolutely no mercy. 

That kind of attitude and play style made most people leave. Hacking can be fought. Toxic behavior like that.....well that's a totally different problem that you can't fix with a patch....

• Thanks 2

A decent working tutorial system could work for newbies to not.. be.. THAT noob. But they re working on that right? Maybe in 4 years we'll see it happen. 

there are only fake golds, and more real silvers than real golds, ... childish talk about gold and threat levels.

there is no doubt, that there are players cheating or having reactions beyond human capability ,and on top of that, there are the cheater defender folks, who always talk like there are no cheaters, and or lately they didnt seen any cheaters. These people are really a joke and making themselfs clowns, as long as there are cheaters in here, no one can talk about a fair competition.

There are, at a certain point no techniques, only cheats. Every experienced player will have that feeling at a certain point in APB ,when he plays against cheater.

I know that ,and my friends know it too when we play APB and its disguisting to see players with absolutly ZERO skill Triggerbotting ,aimbotting ,Oscar macros user ,Speedhacks etc,...

GM's doing nothing, monitoring nothing ,and LO wont show banned people , because of name or shame, LO is letting cheaters destroy my and everyone else gameplay experience, and on top of that

cheaters who got banned or cheaters overall in APB remain anonymous. Its a shame playing a game where cheaters remain unnamed and not get banned.

27 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

there are only fake golds, and more real silvers than real golds, ... childish talk about gold and threat levels.

there is no doubt, that there are players cheating or having reactions beyond human capability ,and on top of that, there are the cheater defender folks, who always talk like there are no cheaters, and or lately they didnt seen any cheaters. These people are really a joke and making themselfs clowns, as long as there are cheaters in here, no one can talk about a fair competition.

There are, at a certain point no techniques, only cheats. Every experienced player will have that feeling at a certain point in APB ,when he plays against cheater.

I know that ,and my friends know it too when we play APB and its disguisting to see players with absolutly ZERO skill Triggerbotting ,aimbotting ,Oscar macros user ,Speedhacks etc,...

GM's doing nothing, monitoring nothing ,and LO wont show banned people , because of name or shame, LO is letting cheaters destroy my and everyone else gameplay experience, and on top of that

cheaters who got banned or cheaters overall in APB remain anonymous. Its a shame playing a game where cheaters remain unnamed and not get banned.

There is a strange phenomenon in APB and other competitive games in regards to cheaters.. the lower the skill of the player (in apb the lower the threat), the more "cheaters" they believe exist.

As a silver district player on Jericho, hackusations in game were sporadic at best.. but since segregation has been removed, it seems all I hear in game is hackusations.

So either most cheaters were in bronze districts, or players are basing what they believe to be "possible" on their own abilities in the game.

Edited by CookiePuss

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

There is a strange phenomenon in APB and other competitive games in regards to cheaters.. the lower the skill of the player (in apb the lower the threat), the more "cheaters" they believe exist.

As a silver district player on Jericho, hackusations in game were sporadic at best.. but since segregation has been removed, it seems all I hear in game is hackusations.

So either most cheaters were in bronze districts, or players are basing what they believe to be "possible" on their own abilities in the game.

haha cheater defender stfu

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

there again another cheater defender who just wants to troll ,mind your own buisness and as a,... what are you? SPCT ? Trolling is some kinda childish ,.... with your "phenomenon in APB" ,dont try  distracting from the cheater problem, with your phenomenons in APB ,please stop.

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

1 minute ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

there again another cheater defender who just wants to troll ,mind your own buisness and as a,... what are you? SPCT ? Trolling is some kinda childish ,.... with your "phenomenon in APB" ,dont try distracting with your phenomenons in APB ,please stop.

sure is easy to "win" arguments when you can just call anyone who disagrees with you a cheater defender

Just now, Solamente said:

sure is easy to "win" arguments when you can just call anyone who disagrees with you a cheater defender

there is no "winning arguments" ,first let the game be more free off cheaters, then anyone can really talk about threat levels,skills etc,. til then there is no legit competition

12 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

there again another cheater defender who just wants to troll ,mind your own buisness and as a,... what are you? SPCT ? Trolling is some kinda childish ,.... with your "phenomenon in APB" ,dont try  distracting from the cheater problem, with your phenomenons in APB ,please stop.

I assure you that was an honest description of the situation.

There is an inversely proportional relationship between skill and frequency of hackusation

the lower the skill the higher the number of hackusations

Though just to be clear, this is not in any way the same as saying APB has no cheaters.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I assure you that was an honest description of the situation.

There is an inversely proportional relationship between skill and frequency of hackusation

the lower the skill the higher the number of hackusations

Though just to be clear, this is not in any way the same as saying APB has no cheaters.

no offends ,have fun.

7 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Curb stomping literally anything that comes up in Red regardless of skill, equipment, rank or general experience and showing absolutely no mercy. 

That kind of attitude and play style made most people leave. Hacking can be fought. Toxic behavior like that.....well that's a totally different problem that you can't fix with a patch....

So basically being in a pre-made team and not throwing vs lower rank players, makes you toxic and in a toxic clan.

You should disband Ac3s then, ya know the clan you're in. Along with every other gold clan in the game for that matter.

People getting butthurt because people make friends and group together and end up becoming better at the game by default due to voice coms and basic teamwork. It's like these morons want us to be punished for having friends and playing with them.

If it's opposition, I'm going to shoot them until they die or I die. If that hurts anybody's feelings, go play a single player game. Lol Common Sense clearly is being sold separately around here.

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

2 million registered accounts (the claim was 3 btw) in a game that peaked somewhere around 150k players and lost 99%+ of it's player base in the first year. 

But yeah, let's bring back the threat system used in that time. 

CookiePuss

totally not a troll

Members

10571 posts

Joined Apr 2017

Oh my Jeebus!  You were nowhere around and are talking so much crap to people who were. I played when there were 2 million accounts, and perhaps earlier it was 3 million, WTF?  A lot of the old articles are scrubbed off the net boy, even though maybe one or two remain which claimed otherwise.  As I didn't work at G1 corporate, I wouldn't know the exact statistics, but I started playing when APB Reloaded opened on Steam, and it was claimed 2 million at that time, and credibly was booming for a few years after, with like 20 full Districts to choose from, multiple full fight clubs and incredibly crowded social.  There were times your group of 3 guys had to WAIT for an open district. How in the hell did you get SPCT when you don't even know what you're babbling on about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hey! said:

CookiePuss

totally not a troll

Members

10571 posts

Joined Apr 2017

Oh my Jeebus!  You were nowhere around and are talking so much crap to people who were. I played when there were 2 million accounts, and perhaps earlier it was 3 million, WTF?  A lot of the old articles are scrubbed off the net boy, even though maybe one or two remain which claimed otherwise.  As I didn't work at G1 corporate, I wouldn't know the exact statistics, but I started playing when APB Reloaded opened on Steam, and it was claimed 2 million at that time, and credibly was booming for a few years after, with like 20 full Districts to choose from, multiple full fight clubs and incredibly crowded social.  There were times your group of 3 guys had to WAIT for an open district. How in the hell did you get SPCT when you don't even know what you're babbling on about.

forum join date =/= game join date

apb has never had more than like 7k players (divided across 5 servers) according to steam lol, the 3 million registered users sounds bogus now and it sounded bogus then - if you're going to claim some sort of "vet" status then you should really remember how skeptical people when g1 started tossing that number around

On 1/4/2020 at 5:31 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's the same threat system we have now. The backend is the same (though actually better upgraded now), the graphical front end is just changed and more hidden.

To my knowledge G1 changed the threat system a few times, we do not have rank 15 golds anymore.  We sure don't have the old icons.  We sure don't have the noobie zerg which gave the wimps a fighting chance and actually made the game funny.  Nope, all we have are incredibly toxic tiny pop of overcompensating turdlets who play like their out to destroy the world 40x over.  It's pretty shameless when a full group of golds WTFstomps lower threats and skills killing them 30x in a mission and not even letting them grab a single target.  Come on... that level of competitiveness should be reserved for equal skilled players because it absolutely causes new people to quit and they've virtually abandoned this game.  The old system was MUCH more fair than the multiple times G1 fubared it.  Before Threat Segregation, which ramped up the scoring system, causing fake golds to lose color quickly... people were more forgiving having a noob on their team.... but when fake golds started turning silver, they started 1. kicking noobs.  2. TKing noobs 3. Harassing and trashing noobs (to demoralize them and make them quit) 4. And playing like they wanted to exterminate noobs from the game.  And they succeeded.

Ofc toxic players did that in the old system, but it wasn't until G1 changed the system that the level of competitiveness and aggression increased exponentially.  There was simply no leeway between winning and losing that allowed for some of the old RTW gold standard players to clown around, and literally PLAY WITH the noob population.  That was what it was like when I started playing and was an original noob.  I remember the HUMOR of a solitary gold running circles around me in a clown face (who could have killed me 10x over) and running for his life when 3 other noobs came to save me.  I'm just relating my EXPERIENCE of when the game was actually good, and popular and fun... and what ought to be done to restore that...  but LO is going to listen to people like you.  So I don't even have any hope for the game.

21 hours ago, Solamente said:

forum join date =/= game join date

apb has never had more than like 7k players (divided across 5 servers) according to steam lol, the 3 million registered users sounds bogus now and it sounded bogus then - if you're going to claim some sort of "vet" status then you should really remember how skeptical people when g1 started tossing that number around

That's what was claimed when I joined when it released on steam.  I never had cause to question it because THOUSANDS were playing daily, into all hours of the night. Maybe it was a fake number, does it matter?  What made the game POPULATED was the TEAM WORK and the FUN HUMOR... the toxic crap didn't even show up for a few years... that hateful, bitter, brutal, abusive toxic APB population is a far later development.  It coincided with a massive nosedive in numbers... the Threat Segregation system and scoring changes...  But keep arguing against it.

It doesn't matter because LO won't listen, has no clue, and listens to people like you who never enjoyed anything BUT the most toxic version of the increasingly broken game.

Merged.

22 hours ago, Tumblez said:

It's just a silly little game but people get so worked up and treat it like a competition. 

Run the game on a 2nd monitor as background noise, let the psychos enjoy their fun (cough misery). APB's best days are long gone, it will never be as fun as we remember. 

For proper competitive fun, switch to a real game with proper development and moderation, and not this underdeveloped vermin-infested junk. 

For the record, **I'm** only here to track its progress. 

This is actually the sad truth.  APB is an amazing game... but none of the people running it seem to have the resources or common sense to make the productive changes and run it fairly and well.

22 hours ago, Ohshii said:

So basically being in a pre-made team and not throwing vs lower rank players, makes you toxic and in a toxic clan.

If it's opposition, I'm going to shoot them until they die or I die. If that hurts anybody's feelings, go play a single player game. Lol,,,

It's not that you should throw a match BUT... when you are not only winning, but WTFPWNING noobs in every match and they have no chance at all except to die repeatedly... they stop playing... and maybe you should take a break from diehard, cutthroat competitiveness and start reflecting on what actually is good for the game... such as player retention...

And I don't mean you, but we all know some groups who play full tilt like this also clutter District Chat with the worst derogatory insults, intended to sexually and racially humiliate and degrade the guys that are newer and can't play so well.  Come on now, that's what has killed the game population.  If you want the game to survive, acknowledge what needs to change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hey! said:

It's not that you should throw a match BUT... when you are not only winning, but WTFPWNING noobs in every match and they have no chance at all except to die repeatedly... they stop playing... and maybe you should take a break from diehard, cutthroat competitiveness and start reflecting on what actually is good for the game... such as player retention...

And I don't mean you, but we all know some groups who play full tilt like this also clutter District Chat with the worst derogatory insults, intended to sexually and racially humiliate and degrade the guys that are newer and can't play so well.  Come on now, that's what has killed the game population.  If you want the game to survive, acknowledge what needs to change.

I just play and win or lose it is what it is. I get non-stop harassed in-game on a regular basis by not just golds, but silvers and bronzies too. I just play the game and it is what it is. People love to assume and make stuff up all the time the more known you become in this game, even though they never once have spoken directly to you.

Just get drunk and play, you give far less fucks and the game is actually fun. However, generalizing everybody and saying theyre all bad people this and that when you don't even know a single real thing about them, without question, aids to the overall garbageness of this games community. But what do I know, I don't have a victim card to play so I must be wrong.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

to people like you who never enjoyed anything BUT the most toxic version of the increasingly broken game.

ive been here since 2011 and while i'm pretty vocal about obt being a better version of apb i also feel like i can take off the rose tinted glasses and remember that apb back then was just as "toxic" as it is now - the community and the game really haven't changed that much, just gotten smaller

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

To my knowledge G1 changed the threat system a few times, we do not have rank 15 golds anymore.  We sure don't have the old icons.  We sure don't have the noobie zerg which gave the wimps a fighting chance and actually made the game funny.  Nope, all we have are incredibly toxic tiny pop of overcompensating turdlets who play like their out to destroy the world 40x over.  It's pretty shameless when a full group of golds WTFstomps lower threats and skills killing them 30x in a mission and not even letting them grab a single target.  Come on... that level of competitiveness should be reserved for equal skilled players because it absolutely causes new people to quit and they've virtually abandoned this game.  The old system was MUCH more fair than the multiple times G1 fubared it.  Before Threat Segregation, which ramped up the scoring system, causing fake golds to lose color quickly... people were more forgiving having a noob on their team.... but when fake golds started turning silver, they started 1. kicking noobs.  2. TKing noobs 3. Harassing and trashing noobs (to demoralize them and make them quit) 4. And playing like they wanted to exterminate noobs from the game.  And they succeeded.

It is the same backend system, glicko1/2. The only changes were how the colours were displayed. Those colours are not actually used for the matchmaking, your hidden ELO/MMR is.

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

Oh my Jeebus!  You were nowhere around and are talking so much crap to people who were

cut me some slack, Im almost to 6 max ranks and around 6,000 hrs since 2017

KpxdwJv.gif

Sarcasm aside, all those articles are still around.. you can even access the old forums if you'd like including all blog posts

here's some of the articles responsible for the 3 million registered users

https://www.vg247.com/2013/02/11/apb-reloaded-hits-3m-registered-users-all-new-apb-experience-incoming/

https://gamingbolt.com/apb-reloaded-reportedly-has-3-million-registered-users

https://www.gamesradar.com/apb-reloaded-hits-3-million-users/

https://www.alistdaily.com/media/apb-reloaded-has-3-million-registered-users/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/apb-reloaded-apprehends-3-million-players/1100-6347710/

https://venturebeat.com/2012/06/15/apb-reloaded-turning-a-game-that-killed-a-studio-into-a-success/

https://www.destructoid.com/apb-reloaded-3-million-people-playing-cops-and-robbers-218008.phtml

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/apb-reloaded-surpasses-3-million-users/

Its nothing more than a claim.

It has nothing to do with how many people actually played. RTW peaked somewhere between 150k and 170k, by the time reloaded launched that number was less than 20k, and has steadily declined from there.

APB being what APB is, is the reason for the decline. Its not cheaters, its not matchmaking, its not what color or symbol is used to display your ELO. Its APB itself.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 1/3/2020 at 7:46 PM, Fortune Runner said:

thankfully i do not see it as much today as in the past with g1

as for new population , i do not know of any decent ways to get people into apb (with or without its current state of affairs)

A decent way would be to get the culture of the vets still playing to change for the better, no more threat shaming, no more abusing the threat system, no more crutching just to be gud, help new players instead of shitting on them. So many things we can do yet refuse to.

16 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

A decent way would be to get the culture of the vets still playing to change for the better, no more threat shaming, no more abusing the threat system, no more crutching just to be gud, help new players instead of shitting on them. So many things we can do yet refuse to.

some already do this.

I've seen a good amount try to help but then theres  language barriers that make it hard to as well.

also what one country says is polite another says is offensive : culture shock

tldr : its not so simple to say that either they do want to or don't want to  since there's a new large amount of factors to consider

it is however something we can all do together and should strive to do so as positively as possible to be good examples for others and help them change as well.

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

some already do this.

I've seen a good amount try to help but then theres  language barriers that make it hard to as well.

also what one country says is polite another says is offensive : culture shock

tldr : its not so simple to say that either they do want to or don't want to  since there's a new large amount of factors to consider

it is however something we can all do together and should strive to do so as positively as possible to be good examples for others and help them change as well.

Unfortunately G1 made this a problem when they desegregated BRs from NA and Russians from EU. One of their top mistakes right there and so long as this continues the language barrier and distance lag will bog the game down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Unfortunately G1 made this a problem when they desegregated BRs from NA and Russians from EU. One of their top mistakes right there and so long as this continues the language barrier and distance lag will bog the game down.

I too would like less than 100 players on Jericho, just to appease your xenophobia.

• Thanks 1