Sign in to follow this  
KnifuWaifu

Buy 1 and 3 Day Premium

Sorry if this has been discussed before I really did try to search but using "premium" as a keyword brings up like 100 topics and nobody got time for that. 

But to the point - We all know that 1 and 3 Day Premium codes exist - these things are given out mostly with holidays or JMBs.

I've talked about it earlier about how much I'd love for Premium to be for "Time Played" or pause option but understand that that is incredible difficult to do and probably not financially viable for LO

But here's the issue - unfortunately there exists a class of players who just cannot get online enough to justify buying Premium subscriptions. Take the recent Premium gift for example - we were given 30 days - the minimum we can buy on ARMAs at this time - I've only been able to use 4 days of that 30 so far and if I'm lucky i'll get to use 2 more days, that's 6/30, so 24 days wasted. Now, it was free, so I'm not complaining, but if I had paid for those 30 days - you can see how 24 days wasted doesn't make it worth it. And so I don't buy Premium. 

So my suggestion - combining the fact that 1 Day Premiums do exist, seem to be relatively ok for the devs to add to the game, and that there is a class of players who simply cannot viably justify 30 Day subscriptions - let us buy 1 Day Premium on ARMAS. (Add in a 3 Day option if possible for those glorious 3 day weekends).

Using the 30 Day Premium (799 G1C) as a guide - a single day of Premium is worth 26.66 G1C and that would be nice, but the generally lowest cost items on ARMAS are 45G1C - even at that price I feel like it's worth it for us time-poor players, you could lower it to 30G1C and still make a profit over the 30 Day Premium value. I know I would love for it to be 15G1C per day to match the 6 Month Premium value - but beggars and choosers and I'm trying to make it worth LO's effort but they can price the 1 Day Premiums at whatever they want - I just suggest to make it less than 50G1C to make it worth the while of those buying them.

Now I'm not suggesting this as an option for those already on 30 Day + subscriptions - this is strictly for those who just want Premium in 1 Day bursts, they're either stuck to only playing occasionally or designers who just want a quick premium boost to finish off some designs. I mean look at how many times/topics appear on the forums asking for Premium codes? Sure this probably won't stop by adding 1 Day Premium to ARMAS because free > not free, but we can pretend it will and keep in mind this is only for those people who are currently not buying any premium, so it's purely profit from where there was no profit, those that are fine with not getting the best value from Premium are probably already subscribed, I just think those who are stuck in the casual class of player but still want Premium could use the little support. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Thanks 1

What about the discounts? Premium accounts get discounts for Armas items. The only way I could see this working out is if the 1 day Premium status did not allow you to get discounts — otherwise we would probably upset customers who have had to get longer Premium periods on their accounts just to get discounts.

Additionally, there could be people who already have Premium but decide to buy the 1 day Premium. (I'm not saying it's likely to ever happen, but it's a scenario we need to account for.) How would the system distinguish whether they get Premium discounts or not? You would probably have to program a mechanic to define a specific 24 hour period where the account has in-game Premium but is shut out of Premium discounts.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, since it's definitely a convenience for people who are mostly interested in designing. I'm mostly concerned about the technical side of this.

(I secretly wish for something like a Creator/Designer Pass, where you pay a price that's lower than the price of a Premium packet, and in return you get the Premium benefits for designing only. No gameplay benefits (more money and standing from missions) or discounts on Armas; you get the Premium symbol layer limits and that's it. You pay less cash, and you get to place 50 tattoos, 50 car symbol layers, 50 clothing symbol layers, 100 layers on symbols — but you don't get longer Armas trials, Armas discounts, APB$ bonuses, contact standing bonuses etc.)

• Like 1

With G1 u 

1 hour ago, MartinPL said:

What about the discounts? Premium accounts get discounts for Armas items. The only way I could see this working out is if the 1 day Premium status did not allow you to get discounts — otherwise we would probably upset customers who have had to get longer Premium periods on their accounts just to get discounts.

Additionally, there could be people who already have Premium but decide to buy the 1 day Premium. (I'm not saying it's likely to ever happen, but it's a scenario we need to account for.) How would the system distinguish whether they get Premium discounts or not? You would probably have to program a mechanic to define a specific 24 hour period where the account has in-game Premium but is shut out of Premium discounts.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, since it's definitely a convenience for people who are mostly interested in designing. I'm mostly concerned about the technical side of this.

(I secretly wish for something like a Creator/Designer Pass, where you pay a price that's lower than the price of a Premium packet, and in return you get the Premium benefits for designing only. No gameplay benefits (more money and standing from missions) or discounts on Armas; you get the Premium symbol layer limits and that's it. You pay less cash, and you get to place 50 tattoos, 50 car symbol layers, 50 clothing symbol layers, 100 layers on symbols — but you don't get longer Armas trials, Armas discounts, APB$ bonuses, contact standing bonuses etc.)

Colateral damages always exists

I also remember G1 sold 1 day and 7 days premium 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, MartinPL said:

I didn't think of that, well in the exploit sense - I get that buying 45 G1C worth of Premium to get over 100G1C worth of discounts sure does sound good. 

So I agree that the 1 Day Premium shouldn't include the ARMAS discount, although still should have the other benefits - designing, contact and mission rewards, because it's for time-poor players, not just designers. 

That said, if they're going to have to make all the extra effort to make the 1 Day Premium a special case - they might as well make a Designer Pass too - I think that's a really good idea and it would be awesome to have but in addition to it costing G1C, maybe have it up for JTs too, or just JTs because to me it seems just getting the Designer Unlocks only is a pretty small benefit for it to cost G1C. Or it would have to be barely 15 G1C for it to be viable for those using it. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:15 PM, RCooper said:

Colateral damages always exists

I also remember G1 sold 1 day and 7 days premium 

Do you remember how much for?

Edited by KnifuWaifu