illgot

Are explosive weapons ever going to hit Armas?

6 hours ago, illgot said:

Ntec is one of the easiest ARs in the game to use.  You just tap fire over your target.  There is no mentally calculating the bounce and predicting the path of your target in relation to your ordinance which has its own velocity and drop distance.  Non explosive weapons in APB are hit scan, it doesn't take a lot of skill since you basically tap the fire button when your cursor turns red.

It could be the easiest AR in the game and it wouldnt matter because  u have to perfectly handle it when there are other players with one decade of experience in it that will destroy u if u are not careful meanwhile the opgl u just spam becuase one will hit eventually no matter the ability the user has

On 12/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, illgot said:

Explosive weapons force some "skilled based players" out of their camping spots which is why "skilled based players" don't want explosive weapons on Armas.  I would happily watch a noob with an OPGL drive "skill based players" from a few roof tops we all know only have one access point.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:36 AM, Solamente said:

i don’t see why not at this point, the volcano and eol line have been up on armas for years

account bound opgl/osmaw seems like a pretty easy way for orbit to make a few bucks 

With how many people purchase the weapons Solamente mentioned , I really have no idea where that came from

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

It could be the easiest AR in the game and it wouldnt matter because  u have to perfectly handle it when there are other players with one decade of experience in it that will destroy u if u are not careful meanwhile the opgl u just spam becuase one will hit eventually no matter the ability the user has

so? it takes 4 seconds to blow up a single opgl grenade, an ntec has 3 seconds to kill you and 1s to move 6m out of radius (aside from 50m+ explode on hit distance)

"eventually one will hit" vs "never missing players" You can't compare the average APB player to a handful of players with god tier aim.

NTEC is extremely easy, extremely forgiving, and under most circumstances, you have no need to handle it perfectly due to its forgiving nature. It's low skill high reward.

OPGL is easy but has extreme downsides that the NTEC doesn't have. 4 second time to kill for example, air time, velocity, angles, and more. OPGL is much more difficult to use than the NTEC and is mid-low skill with medium-low reward, but face any decent player who can dodge nades or put on flack and your opgl playing just got a LOT harder in comparison to the ntec.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2019 at 1:26 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Legendary OPGL is all I want. There is now a 3 slot JT osmaw perm. Can I have the OPGL as well?

EOL?

On 12/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, BaDante said:

EOL?

Have you tried that stuff? It's bad. Would rather want a normal O-PGL legendary so I don't need to spend APB$ 🙂

So many people posting here apparently never played with a person who mained opgl on a regular basis. Ive seen people who mained opgl shirt pocket hit entire groups of people every shot, no matter what. Banking off walls, high ground, even off vehicles, mailboxes and other objects, their nades were perfectly aimed. Anyone who talks out the side of their necks saying its "no skill" to use an opgl has absolutely no clue what they're babbling about. smh.

Players like Redemption, Shobo and Pointbreak would break you naysayers in a single mission and make you uninstall lol. If y'all only knew. Opgl's and other ordinance when fired and used properly requires a large amount of skill. Anyone who disagrees has no idea wtf they're talking about aka they're silvers or low tier golds who auto lose/afk vs top tier golds.

Now bring on the downvotes my low tier gold/silver-army forum friends! 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ohshii said:

So many people posting here apparently never played with a person who mained opgl on a regular basis. Ive seen people who mained opgl shirt pocket hit entire groups of people every shot, no matter what. Banking off walls, high ground, even off vehicles, mailboxes and other objects, their nades were perfectly aimed. Anyone who talks out the side of their necks saying its "no skill" to use an opgl has absolutely no clue what they're babbling about. smh.

Players like Redemption, Shobo and Pointbreak would break you naysayers in a single mission and make you uninstall lol. If y'all only knew. Opgl's and other ordinance when fired and used properly requires a large amount of skill. Anyone who disagrees has no idea wtf they're talking about aka they're silvers or low tier golds who auto lose/afk vs top tier golds.

I used to opgl really well years ago but since I put my sights on leveling weapon roles, i put it aside...

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 1:26 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Legendary OPGL is all I want. There is now a 3 slot JT osmaw perm. L.O Can I have the OPGL as well?

giphy.gif

Edited by PingOVER9000

On 12/16/2019 at 9:26 AM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Legendary OPGL is all I want. There is now a 3 slot JT osmaw perm. Can I have the OPGL as well?

Yes, can't wait to put a mag scope+heavy barrel 3+mobility sling on it!!

On 12/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

These are beautiful, and as much as I'd love for these to be vehicle mounted monstrosities to reign havoc in San Paro, I think they're more mission assets or objectives rather than usable weapons. 

Although it would make for a slightly to super awesome mission type - either capture/hold the launchers and at the end they obliterate the enemy team. OR it's part of an awesome siege mission type where either 1 team or both teams have to secure the weapons for a stage in order to use them to blast into a bank/prison/stronghold. 

OR

And I really enjoy this one - they're NPC controlled and part of a certain widely beloved PvE district where the NPCs are laying siege to the contact/stronghold the players have to protect for the round. And must be disabled/destroyed and maybe even in later stages taken over to eliminate even stronger enemies that appear in future waves.

your assumption may take place . no one knows what the new owners will do . few people know what should come out of this project as a whole .  underestimated opportunities, forgotten developments, ignorance of history ........

Edited by yood
  • Thanks 1

Hitting armas with explosive weapons sounds pretty terrorist for me.

One shouldn't act in that fashion.

Big NO-NO.

Edited by Gro

still hoping explosive weapons are released on armas at some point.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ohshii said:

Opgl is a weapon so... situational

Quite shine in close spaces, but risky too at the same time for yourself and teamates, it's not certainly an Op weapon.

As every weapon, it has his pros and cons.

I dont get it from where come all this arrogance,  you are talking such as a low tier player, strange after all these playing years ( or maybe just "low in  brain"  in that day, out you seem a good/fun guy ), you just didn't realize it, if u lose frequently against OPGL users for ex. in open field there's something wrong in your playstyle.

Maybe thinking now,  let it only simple available in Armas is a little too much, but purchasable from characters R195+ seem more rational, adding it also exchangeable in Joker tickets trade same as Golden Osnaw

On 12/19/2019 at 4:47 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

so? it takes 4 seconds to blow up a single opgl grenade, an ntec has 3 seconds to kill you and 1s to move 6m out of radius (aside from 50m+ explode on hit distance)

"eventually one will hit" vs "never missing players" You can't compare the average APB player to a handful of players with god tier aim.

NTEC is extremely easy, extremely forgiving, and under most circumstances, you have no need to handle it perfectly due to its forgiving nature. It's low skill high reward.

OPGL is easy but has extreme downsides that the NTEC doesn't have. 4 second time to kill for example, air time, velocity, angles, and more. OPGL is much more difficult to use than the NTEC and is mid-low skill with medium-low reward, but face any decent player who can dodge nades or put on flack and your opgl playing just got a LOT harder in comparison to the ntec.

What he has wrote seem reasonable, I would like see someone contradict something about above. 

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

51 minutes ago, Tumblez said:

Just unlocked the OPGL last week (@~200hrs mission time), it's definitely my favorite weapon by far and fits my playstyle.

When it comes down to straight-up down-and-dirty combat situations, riflemen/marksmen/pointmen always have the advantage, that doesn't need to be said.

As for concerns that explosive weapons are either OP or inaccessible, their capabilities and requirements are fair IMO.

Additionally, making them available for direct purchase on ARMAS probably wouldn't affect the balance of the game at all. 

I think a lot of people also forget that by rank ~85 you can own/lease an explosive if its not the volcano. If its "that" much of an issue simply set that as the rank requirement to use. But it really shouldn't be.

• Thanks 1

O-PGL 79 CD . HoHoHoPGL Auto , Nyan Rockets VFX  - buy a package for the entire account .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, yood said:

O-PGL 79 CD . HoHoHoPGL Auto , Nyan Rockets VFX  - buy a package for the entire account .

Explosive weapons that play your theme would be amazing.

7 hours ago, illgot said:

Explosive weapons that play your theme would be amazing.

I already told you . Matt has his own opinion about the exclusivity of things and the game .

Explosive weapons that play your theme I will assume that: will NEVER be on SALE

On 12/19/2019 at 4:47 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

What he has wrote seem reasonable, I would like see someone contradict something about above.