illgot

Are explosive weapons ever going to hit Armas?

I'm curious if LO has the same stance as G1 about never putting explosive weapons on Armas.

• Like 2

Legendary OPGL is all I want. There is now a 3 slot JT osmaw perm. Can I have the OPGL as well?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

What would you like?

I was thinking just the open slot versions of the OSMAW and OPGL.

Hopefully not, pretty sure the AAEPD should be a good enough example as to why.

i don’t see why not at this point, the volcano and eol line have been up on armas for years

account bound opgl/osmaw seems like a pretty easy way for orbit to make a few bucks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

What would you like?

Volcano along with ursus n new glory. 

I dont want to stray off the explosives topic. 

But yea a slotted version of Opgl permanent weapon would help the rental fees, not always the weapon of choice but you need one in your box for those wise asses

The volcano is not available for rental, u can buy one for 80 million off the 'Lucky Magic People'

but a regular player has no chance to win off the joker, i've spent over a hundred on the joker n never once won the item. Therefore the Joker being a nonviable avenue, We need a way for Regular Legit players to access these super weapons.  

p.s. last i spent 20 on the joker n lost but got 3 knock knocks, wtf is it with the knock knocks, yet every newb gold in dist has new glory and volcano. i think im paying the wrong joker

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

i don’t see why not at this point, the volcano and eol line have been up on armas for years

account bound opgl/osmaw seems like a pretty easy way for orbit to make a few bucks 

Unless having even more explosive weapons show up more regularly has a detrimental effect on gameplay and player enjoyment overall. 

Would rather it just be limited to the AAEPD and the EOLs tbh.  You can grab a Hammer for dirt and just start leveling Demolitions with aggression and unlock a 1 slot OPGL/OSMAW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Unless having even more explosive weapons show up more regularly has a detrimental effect on gameplay and player enjoyment overall. 

i mean explosive weapons overall have a super low skill ceiling, if more people use them it just means everyone else gets some easier kills

20 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i mean explosive weapons overall have a super low skill ceiling, if more people use them it just means everyone else gets some easier kills

They are also easy for skilled players to completely avoid.  Against gold vets, the only real use explosive weapons have is taking out their vehicles from a distance.  I'm not a high skilled player but I always run flak so explosive weapons are pretty useless against me.  But they are a very useful tool for making campers move from an area.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, illgot said:

They are also easy for skilled players to completely avoid.  Against gold vets, the only real use explosive weapons have is taking out their vehicles from a distance.  I'm not a high skilled player but I always run flak so explosive weapons are pretty useless against me.  But they are a very useful tool for making campers move from an area.

Nearly 2020 and people are still using the term "campers" in APB. 

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

But how does it balance it out when only experienced players that have grinded up to the required Rank have access to explosives and others don't have that access and can't counter explosives with explosives?

It would be just fair if either the matchmaking system would work and players with access to explosives would only face players with access to explosives, or if everyone had access to the same variety of weapons to be able to handle any situation in case the matchmaking system doesn't work properly, which,.. it doesn't, as everyone knows.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

2 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

But how does it balance it out when only experienced players that have grinded up to the required Rank have access to explosives and others don't have that access and can't counter explosives with explosives?

i wouldn't counter explosives with explosive anyways.

get in close range and osmaw type weapons have a major vunerability with an easier chance of success.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

i wouldn't counter explosives with explosive anyways.

get in close range and osmaw type weapons have a major vunerability with an easier chance of success.

Yeah, but hopefully, you get what I mean.

If one team has the option to get explosives and the other doesn't, this is not a fair matchup then.

6 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

It would be just fair if either the matchmaking system would work and players with access to explosives would only face players with access to explosives

Unfortunately, APB has nowhere near the population required for something like this. 

Edited by CookiePuss

10 hours ago, illgot said:

I'm curious if LO has the same stance as G1 about never putting explosive weapons on Armas.

Yes, yes, with the new engine. :Kappa:

2 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

It would be just fair if either the matchmaking system would work and players with access to explosives would only face players with access to explosives, or if everyone had access to the same variety of weapons to be able to handle any situation in case the matchmaking system doesn't work properly, which,.. it doesn't, as everyone knows.

explosives don't counter explosives anyway, so i don't see how this is an issue

like saying its unfair that enfs have ltl despite it (like explosives) being a suboptimal choice 

edit: and putting the opgl/osmaw on armas would allow people to bypass the ingame rank restrictions anyway if they really felt such a disadvantage

Edited by Solamente

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Unfortunately, APB has nowhere near the population required for something like this. 

Indeed it doesn't...

For the current situation, I'd argue that explosives on ARMAS would not be a bad thing for the balance. Explosives are very powerful for certain situations, such as objectives involving vehicles. Not having an explosive weapon is a huge disadvantage, and allowing only a minority of players to have ones makes things worse. In an ideal setting for a competitive matchup, the outcome is not determined by the equipment or weapons (or the lack of it). 

I doubt that explosives would be spammed to an extent that the game would become literally unplayable. A good player knows that explosives are not the best equipment for every situation and people will get to know that after one or two matches.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

Is the volcano no longer accessible via joker boxes? If it's still there, wtf is the point of this thread?