TheMessiah

so its finally coming..

I mean the public OTW test of the engine.Looks like from the last update couple of hours ago all major things are done and we are in mid december right now.So looks very likely the public test to be in january.Soon guys..looks like for real soon this time 😮

• Like 1

Where do you read that from though?

"Minor things to be fixed", you know how their pace is.

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 2

Crossing fingers here

Although I still feel the same..The more testing - the better

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

One step closer to the end of APB.

Even if the EU will "fail", I bet my left egg that player numbers will be equal or even higher than they are right now.
Everyone who plays at the moment is just addicted, they wont stop playing, and no way they will with a better engine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

Even if the EU will "fail", I bet my left egg that player numbers will be equal or even higher than they are right now.

Think the same but also think LO may decide to sell the rest of the game if low numbers continue..

22 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Think the same but also think LO may decide to sell the rest of the game if low numbers continue..

I doubt that any sane company would ever touch APB.

The time and effort that has been spent on maintaining, trying to improve, and balancing the mess that is APB should have been saved and instead invested in creating a sucessor, APB: Re:Reloaded or something, with better netcode, graphic engine that allows more freedom, and code structure for better hardware performance as foundations - a well-formed foundation is key for creating good additions and new content. You can clean and polish up a turd as much as you like, it remains a turd.

Now, it's just beating a dead horse that has run rusty and is just hard to work with. But you know, they just sold the IP to Asia recently... so there is that with APB: Re:Reloaded.

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Thanks 1

No offence I think it is foolish to build up hype. MattScott's stance is trying not to get hopes up to prevent disappointment and upset, while trying to remain transparent on progress being made by staff to build up confidence.

Again for the same reason, there are internal targets but if new issues arise or something takes longer than first thought then unfortunately that is just going to have be ready when it's ready.

It's not just to prevent us from potentially being left feeling disappointed or angry due to delays, It is also for the staff so they do not feel pressured with the sense of expectation.

After reading the progress made and all the laborious snags untangled along the way, I have to say I admire and thank both customer service and the developer teams through what must of been a test of patience over the past year.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sentaii said:

Everyone who plays at the moment is just addicted, they wont stop playing, and no way they will with a better engine.

Some play due to addiction, but most are still around because of the hope that the engine upgrade will be some miracle cure to all of APB's problems. Once the engine upgrade drops, and people are finally forced to accept the hard truth of what it actually entails, the playerbase numbers will drop off a cliff. Delusion is a hell of a drug.

im confused, because the engine upgrade has always been coming?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Where do you read that from though?

"Minor things to be fixed", you know how their pace is.

More accurately, fixing a minor thing tends to break 7 other things.

7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

To who?

11 minutes ago, MrChan said:

To who?

well there's clearly an anonymous chinese player who was more than willing to buy the entire ip, the press release for the ip sale made it sound like the only reason they didn't sell apb:r as well was because orbit felt it was unfair to put the playerbase through another management change

Nothing wrong with little hype from time to to time.After all is the thing that kept this game alive all this years-the hope that something would change for good.Especially now when the big waiting is about to end.Although if many of the staff working on the engine go on vacation around xmas(which is normal)maybe this open public test not gonna happen till end of january..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Solamente said:

well there's clearly an anonymous chinese player who was more than willing to buy the entire ip, the press release for the ip sale made it sound like the only reason they didn't sell apb:r as well was because orbit felt it was unfair to put the playerbase through another management change

An anonymous Chinese player? I assume you mean developer?

What makes you think said entity has the requisite expertise (or intention) to continue to develop the game and won't just milk the last few ARMAS dollars that can be milked and shut it down?

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Nothing wrong with little hype from time to to time.After all is the thing that kept this game alive all this years-the hope that something would change for good.Especially now when the big waiting is about to end.Although if many of the staff working on the engine go on vacation around xmas(which is normal)maybe this open public test not gonna happen till end of january..

Nothing will change in good, just think that if Valve (csgo cheating problem) wich is the best in preventing hexes, cant deal with cheating problem, what can do few devs who just want to keep a semi dead game alive....

I uninstalled the game again, ill return to see the new graphs.

3 hours ago, MrChan said:

Maybe both, but for sure the rights to APB were bought by a player.

4 hours ago, MrChan said:

What makes you think said entity has the requisite expertise (or intention) to continue to develop the game and won't just milk the last few ARMAS dollars that can be milked and shut it down?

the press release said it was someone who actively played apb

i have no reason to doubt a chinese run game would be more focused on immediate profit, but i’m pretty sure they’d be willing to buy the apb:r rights since they own the rest of the ip

On 12/15/2019 at 11:59 PM, Solamente said:

Game is already dead, the chinese would - if any - milk the last drips out of it. I doubt it would even return on investment at the current state it's in.

All the saviour hype when LO took over, a year in things have never been so bleak for APB.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, TheMessiah said:

Perhaps... but at this stage, they have nothing to cry about so ofc the numbers are low... game in it's current state is broken.  Even a few small fixes have the potential to radically improve their prospects financially.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:38 PM, Hey! said:

Perhaps... but at this stage, they have nothing to cry about so ofc the numbers are low... game in it's current state is broken.  Even a few small fixes have the potential to radically improve their prospects financially.

It's broken here and there because the game engine and code wasn't build with modern or next gen technology in mind. I mean it has been stated that a number of times that the current game engine uses the strongest single CPU core, and we have CPUs with 16, 32 and even 64 cores and APB is running there with a heart of pure asthma and arthritis while Unreal 3.0 is there just focusing on the 1 single core!

Also it is not uncommon that 1 small thing fixed causes several other things to break in the code. So "a few small fixes could cause unknown damages elsewhere to things completely unrelated. 

If you think it is that simple, then you surely can navigate to Little Orbit's online job application form. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to get an outsider's prospective on how they can improve such a juggling act.

open access for premium players to the version OWT 

just remember...

we are still upgrading from unreal engine 3 to... unreal engine 3.5 ...... in 2020. we been waiting for an engine upgrade that has taken so long to do that it has been long obsolete even before its done.

Edited by BEASTASBTCH
  • Like 2

next week when LO team is back from vacations they will give latest build to SPCT to test and till the end of the month - open test of 3.5..u ll see.I can smell it..is coming 😋

Edited by TheMessiah

Idk if this is actually funny or sad. I am checking on the game again after being gone for 3-4 years and people are still waiting for engine update. Yikes.

• Like 2