Sign in to follow this  
Kalder

Marskman rifles range

Hello, Marskman rifles was nerfed in the past due to IR3 change to % value but never was reverted. For example, carbine is 35m, oscar is 35m, obeya is 55, obir is 55, if you compare the range of the carbine against the whisper(which is 50m), it doesn't make alot of sense. Is it in the plans to revert the range ? Carbine with 40m would make more sense, obeya was 60m too. 

Thanks.

• Like 3

Even though dropoff begins at 35 meters for the Joker Carbine it is still able to kill in 6 shots at 40 meters, because it barely loses damage for those first meters. Other semi-automatics show similar results, for instance an Obeya CR762 with no mods will easily outrange a Misery with IR3 despite theoretically starting its dropoff earlier. I do believe the VBR's range should be increased to 40m though, since it lacks overdamage to compensate for the reduction for 35m, and thus is very rarely chosen ingame. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalder said:

Hello, Marskman rifles was nerfed in the past due to IR3 change to % value but never was reverted. For example, carbine is 35m, oscar is 35m, obeya is 55, obir is 55, if you compare the range of the carbine against the whisper(which is 50m), it doesn't make alot of sense. Is it in the plans to revert the range ? Carbine with 40m would make more sense, obeya was 60m too. 

Thanks.

I think the issue with the guns you've mentioned (carbine, Oscar, cr762, and Obir) is that for all of them adding IR is pretty much a straight upgrade, giving them the respective ranges of 42m, 42m, 62m, 62m without any real drawbacks. On top of that both the the cr762 and Obir are still quite useful well beyond their given ranges due to overdamage... Even before you add IR3. 

As far as comparing the range of rifles to SMGs, you have to take into account how accurate or inaccurate the weapons are. The range on the whisper is mitigated by it's relatively poor accuracy, when compared to rifles. Take the two long range rifles, both of which are accurate enough to consistently land shots at whatever distance you set their range cap to. The whisper begins to rely on RNG at just 19m.

Edited by CookiePuss

6 hours ago, Kalder said:

Thanks.

Pretty sure i played against you with my Huntress this afternoon.

Most ARs don't really have a real drawback to IR, pretty sure any non cqc guns doesn't have a drawback for IR. 

I guess I didn't take into account the dmg dropoff which isn't on APB db. 

Could also compare Ursus to the Obeya. Obeya doesn't really have an adv against Ursud right ? Anyway, I was just pointing out the non reverted nerf.

My in-game name is Metalski/Metalsky. I can't remember going against a huntress today tho. 

On 12/13/2019 at 10:54 AM, Solamente said:

yeah seems fine

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say. either way youre still wrong.

they nerfed the range cause of the old IR change that was reverted.. and they didnt revert the nerfed range... so its a huge nerf for no reason.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this