IanWhite

BattleEye Blocks a dll and crashes APB

All normal, the game updates, BE installation sucessfull.... then apb shows a crash error saying that the game stoped working due to an error and in the BE log this error appears :[INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp110.dll".

Tried reinstalling "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 " and then rebooting the pc (a member in the clan  I am told me to do this because he said that dll is from visual studio and is used by the games). Tried repair from the apb launcher.                          

Tried this as recommended from another clan member: 

Battleye - Currently known issues and workarounds Problem statement: Battleye currently does not reliably install correctly on people that have already got the game installed. Workaround: Do a repair using the launcher. If that does not work, delete ClientFiles.xml from the root of the Game Directory (e.g C:/Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/APB Reloaded), and try again. If this fails, a full reinstall is needed. Problem statement: Battleye does not install properly, even after multiple install attempts. Workaround 1: Do a manual install of Battleye. You can get the download for Battleye here: https://www.battleye.com/downloads/ Workaround 2: Restart your PC. This seems to solve the issue more often than not.(edited)

Tried the first steps but I didnt either reinstalled the game (yet) or doing a manual install of battleye (because the program asks me the ip of the server, the port of the server and the rcon password, things that i dont know).

So my question : Is avaiable a solution for this without needing to reinstall the game? Or the only thing I can do is just reinstalling it? 

Also, has someone also experienced this? Or I am the only one getting this error? Thank you.

Hello IanWhite!

First off, Welcome to the APB:Reloaded Forums.

Please take a moment to review our Rules to make sure you don't do anything wrong 🙂

About your problem

Are you able to give this a go to see if it solves your issue?

Go to the game folder, then > Binaries > BattlEye > start the batch type file Install_BattlEye

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IanWhite said:

Tried it, but the same error appears.

it looks like the file:

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp110.dll"

is blocking battleye from launching successfully

(i don't recommend deleting a system file)

i'm not a computer genius but you might want to run a quick scan of a your computer with some anti-virus as that's originally a windows file and it could be pretending to be one since it should not be effecting battleye.

If nothing is found i suggesting doing a fresh install of APB:Reloaded & Battleye and hopefully that should fix the issue.

• Thanks 1

im repairing again the cc++, and after the antivirus ends the full pc scan , ill restart my computer and see if it works. If not.. well, ill reinstall the entire game xd.

Now it works, I'll tell you how I fixed it:

Looks like my msvcp110.dll was corrupted. My antivirus wasn't marking it as a virus tho, so I just remembered what u just said("I don't recommend deleting a system file", but you still can delete it, I am right?). The vredit x86 exe was "repairing it" but it didn't change the dll because it thought that the dll was okay(if I'm right). So I deleted the dll, launched the vredistx86(right there I saw that the corrupted dll was about 500kb and the new one that the exe created was around 400kb),then restarted the pc and... Voila, it worked xddd hope this helps to someone. And thank you for your assistance, since until u said that I didn't thought of this.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IanWhite said:

Now it works, I'll tell you how I fixed it:

Looks like my msvcp110.dll was corrupted. My antivirus wasn't marking it as a virus tho, so I just remembered what u just said("I don't recommend deleting a system file", but you still can delete it, I am right?). The vredit x86 exe was "repairing it" but it didn't change the dll because it thought that the dll was okay(if I'm right). So I deleted the dll, launched the vredistx86(right there I saw that the corrupted dll was about 500kb and the new one that the exe created was around 400kb),then restarted the pc and... Voila, it worked xddd hope this helps to someone. And thank you for your assistance, since until u said that I didn't thought of this.

Awesome! 

You're most welcome.

i'm glad you got back into the game and thank you for that information 🙂

• Like 1