Excalibur!

How is the patch doing for you?

10 hours ago, Signarly said:

No we aren't.  I don't care to see who gets banned and I know a lot of people feel the same way. The only thing I get out of seeing bans in siege are tiny little chuckles when stupid names get banned.

That's true xD

Play for awhile, I've noticed a lot of rather fishy activity taking place in the server. Players not being affected by the lag spikes, some shady aiming and snapping between players, some very odd pre-nading to locations where no one should know other player's locations but somehow do. I get theres a game sense, but at the same time I feel that no one should be capable of predicting player location numerous times in a row, or land 6-7 consecutive shots with an FBW at over 50m away. There are somethings that just scream illegitimate and yet it has persisted. I am beginning to question whether battle eye was properly implemented at all, or was hastily rushed into a place where it simply exists along side APB just so LO could unban those that were too impatient to wait. Whatever the case may be, I find myself disappointed that there isn't much of an option to report players in game. I feel this is a necessity, something grander and better thought out than simply /report.

Yeah, I just hope BE is still gathering info before banning players or I gotta say, I notice no real difference between now and before its implementation.

Edited by CookiePuss

I for one don't want to see any bans broadcasted, so to say that the community wants it is rather incorrect and untrue, Matt put it best, and I don't like seeing people I've played against/played with in the past (on missions) getting banned because then it just makes me salty, not "vindicated"

BE bans in waves. We'll have to see how it holds up for a time before we pass judgement, but I too see people snapping, so there's still someone not playing legit for sure.

18 hours ago, Hey! said:

Wow for some reason I'm making a lot of dbl posts, sorry again.  Here let me give you a warm fuzzy pic.
FBGzKkv.gif

Best gif I've seen all week, love it!

We need your help looking into BattlEye client performance issues. If you've been getting mouse stuttering or freezes since the BattlEye patch, could you please send the Current.log file in your APBGame\Logs folder to lixil@littleorbit.com. This is just for client-side frame drops; we're looking into the server-side lag issues separately. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Aphadon said:

We need your help looking into BattlEye client performance issues. If you've been getting mouse stuttering or freezes since the BattlEye patch, could you please send the Current.log file in your APBGame\Logs folder to lixil@littleorbit.com. This is just for client-side frame drops; we're looking into the server-side lag issues separately. Thanks!

I believe in the past we used /latencytest (or something like that) which also records the framerate?

I've seen a fair few players who I suspected a month or so ago with "godlike" aim suddenly re-emerge from the ashes today and I must say I haven't seen aim like this since I played in green back in 2013. Also a lot of players seem to have lost their trigger finger as well as I've seen a lot less OSCAR and rifle users in general since battleeye came into the mix.

I must say I am Impressed at Little Orbit's work so far considering they've been around for as little as a month or so. I sense great potential in this game now but I do hope it isn't the same type of feeling I had back in the day because we all know how that story ended. I understand a lot of people aren't going to blindly trust a fresh face coming in with a crapton of promisses (because most of us saw the end of that train)

but if LO keep up this level of work then I can say that they've already earned mine.

Also one more thing I've noticed as well is that Battleeye blocks is what I believe to be the voip client that runs in game, now I can't tell people how good they are when they 2 tap me with an FBW and Quickswitch me with a HVR. uYbJl4b.png Also please fix quickswitching. This isn't call of duty (though it might as well be)

Also in regards to district chat (even though 75% of the playerbase has it disabled) are their any plans for possibly stricter enforcment. I've seen a fair few newer players pop into silver districts only to get abused by veteran players because they can't kill mr OBIR with their STAR at 60M+. It's seriously annoying to see considering we're getting a regular influx of new players at last only for them to be turned down by a bunch of sweaty tryhards.

One more thing as well is that I would suggest disabling whispers for the enemy team while in a mission as I've been in plenty of games where most of my team just stand around rage messaging the guy who just killed him because his macro program crashed. This would hopefully tone down some of the toxcity that this game has unfortunatley been well known for. This also keeps potential new or exsisting players/customers from taking an interest to the game.

I'm not going to go into detail about weapon balencing just yet but you can bet your patootie their's going to be at least an essay on why the HVR has made me go onto amazon for new mice multiple times.

Anyways best of luck LO, you're doing a great job so far! Keep it up.

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I believe in the past we used /latencytest (or something like that) which also records the framerate?

Latencytest is mainly used for lag and network issues. I need the more detailed frame timing stats that are only found in the client logs to check for client performance issues.

29 minutes ago, Birthlight said:

Also one more thing I've noticed as well is that Battleeye blocks is what I believe to be the voip client that runs in game, now I can't tell people how good they are when they 2 tap me with an FBW and Quickswitch me with a HVR. 

If BE is blocking this file, it means the file you have on your system does not match the one we shipped - it may be corrupted or modified in some way. Try doing a deep repair by renaming/deleting the ClientFiles.xml file in your game folder and running the launcher again. It will re-download any files that are different from what we expect.

4 hours ago, Aphadon said:

Would it be alright if I compressed it?  A lot of business email servers tend to not allow compressed files in my experience.  My Current.log is 26MB, too large to send as-is.

Side note, how the heck does APB use so much space for its logfiles?  I have one single logfile from a week ago that's 1.5GB, and most the rest are over 100mb.  Never noticed that until now.

Edited by gothroach
Meh.

15 minutes ago, Aphadon said:

Sure, that's fine.

Sent! 

I also took a look in that huge logfile from last week, and it's mostly comprised of three different types of events repeated with slightly different values.  Mostly garbage about vehicle collisions and some other general debug level stuff.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:25 AM, N0rbat said:

still waiting for unban LUL

exactly xDD i still waiting for unban

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aphadon said:

Latencytest is mainly used for lag and network issues. I need the more detailed frame timing stats that are only found in the client logs to check for client performance issues.

If BE is blocking this file, it means the file you have on your system does not match the one we shipped - it may be corrupted or modified in some way. Try doing a deep repair by renaming/deleting the ClientFiles.xml file in your game folder and running the launcher again. It will re-download any files that are different from what we expect.

Ah right, then it was listed by default in the logs.