19 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Well yeah. That's the point. GMs are meant to be 'hidden/invisible'.

If they're "hidden/invisible" then why are they not tackling the hackers.. i have seen the same hacker over and over for weeks.. the person was in waterfront speed hacking killing everyone

Edited by Ashn
  • Like 1

Well, it's not because you don't see them that they're not there.

But yes, of course they can miss things, these guys are humans just like you !

If you feel like someone is misbehaving, well, you can only report him *shrugs*

5 minutes ago, Ashn said:

If they're "hidden/invisible" then why are they not tackling the hackers.. i have seen the same hacker over and over for weeks.. the person was in waterfront speed hacking killing everyone

Because its very likely the person isn't a hacker.

School holidays, just kids cheating it up in a video game

cheaters die down when school holidays are over.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Because its very likely the person isn't a hacker.

Very likely the person is hacking.. the dude was legit running super fast also teleporting etc he has been doing this for weeks

Definitely faced some low rank blatants running around and a few suspect high ranks within the past couple months but have yet to see any epicgoats running around. Does feel like they run around way too long before anything is done about them. Reporting just gets you a copy-pasta response nowadays. I doubt there are any GMs in district at all myself

Edit cause I'm stupid and repeated myself. I don't play as often as I used to so I get stomped on by pretty regular golds but I can still tell the difference between a suspect patootie player and a sweatlord

Edited by SuperToaster
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperToaster said:

Definitely seen some low rank blatants running around and a few suspect high ranks. Have faced a handful of incredibly blatant aimbotters within the past couple months but have yet to see any epicgoats running around. Does feel like they run around way too long before anything is done about them. Reporting just gets you a copy-pasta response nowadays. I doubt there are any GMs in district at all myself

i could name a few that i have seen also people in districts have also said the same but last time i called out a hacker on the forums a moderator got mad and still doubt anything has been done about it 

5 minutes ago, Ashn said:

last time i called out a hacker on the forums a moderator got mad

Well, it is against the rules so.... yeah.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well, it is against the rules so.... yeah.

At that time i didn't know but a hacker should be named and shamed simple. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashn said:

At that time i didn't know but a hacker should be named and shamed simple. 

Well if you ever start your own forums after buying or creating a game, you should allow it.

This game used to allow such name and shame. 

It didn't do anything except push players to not play over the amount of bans and looking at the comments of said bans.

but sure, lets do it again

• Like 1

I get pretty pissed too, just today I got matched with 3 golds, one being on my team. The highest level ranked one was 60 and that was the worst of them, the lower the rank the better they got. Yes, there are hackers and they need to be dealt with, but GMs do not have the authority to issue bans, they can only request bans. So before you scream at them keep that in mind. Besides, as soon as they identify themselves as GMs they're targeted by the stupidest questions, people asking for items and money and whatnot. This game needs a better anti-cheat system, and thankfully that's supposed to be in the works.

Cheaters are sick and ruin the game for everyone! Then there's the deniers who are just as bad! It's definitely one of the biggest reasons the game can't retain new players! APB really needs strong game-mastering, it's not even an argument! 

Edited by Tumblez
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Well if you ever start your own forums after buying or creating a game, you should allow it.

Na. It is there for a reason. Stops people from witchunting players that are innocent until proven guilty.

2 hours ago, trashpanda said:

This game needs a better anti-cheat system

They do have a new Anti Cheat but seems to not work.. I have seen the same hacker around for just over a week, speedhacking 

2 hours ago, trashpanda said:

just today I got matched with 3 golds, one being on my team. The highest level ranked one was 60 and that was the worst of them, the lower the rank the better they got. Yes, there are hackers and they need to be dealt with

Because rank DEFINITELY correlates directly to skill. That's the most nonsensical thing I've read this week, and it's Friday.

Every person who tears you apart is not a cheater. There are barely any cheaters in the game right now, and the majority of that TINY group are using macros that makes them over-bloom and miss you half the time. What we need is for threat segregation to return so I don't have to deal with being accused of cheating every mission I play. kthxbai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gotta say in some months I saw some people whom I don't really believe to be legit. But at least they weren't too obvious.

However in this week alone I did see some hackers without any doubt. But yeh.. I guess it's because it's a holiday and people are bored. 

---EDIT---

I forgot to answer the first question, GMs may not be visible as they may want to obverse and collect evidence themselves of any rule breaking.

Video and screenshots submitted to Customer Service will be considered as further context to the report. Evidence to recommend further investigation and not evidence to take action on.

Again as said by NZB, Players are "innocent till proven guilty" and it is the staff that are the ones to prove it.

So GMs may be in game monitoring suspected cheaters but not taking action there and then so they can be certain if rule breaking is occurring.

It is advised not to call out suspected cheaters as they may stop their illegal actions and this will hinder investigations by staff.

Please just submit a /report and do not confront or call out the suspected person.

Back on to the main topic:

4 hours ago, Ashn said:

They do have a new Anti Cheat but seems to not work.. I have seen the same hacker around for just over a week, speedhacking 

Battle Eye was added in June 2018 but was found not to be the most fitting service in it's application, Doesn't mean it's bad, It's just not quire right for APB.

May 2019 BlogPost:

During its history, APB has used Punkbuster (client side), Fair Fight (server side), and BattlEye (client side). This will be the first time that we can do runtime projection of the game and backend analysis of player behavior in one unified system. We have spent months integrating the system and connecting it to our /report system, so data from players can help drive detection systems.

Easy AntiCheat was added in April.

What has happened in the past few weeks which has not in the past half year that could cause a sudden increase of speed hackers or cheating in general?

There's 2 factors to consider here:

-Holiday events will bring back players which have been inactive. Unfortunately that does include people who have the intent of spoiling the experience for others.

-"Stay Frosty" Achievement requiring players to survive an entire game round of Holiday Cheer in Beacon Construction. One tactic used commonly is to try and outrun the Nutcracker army on foot using the Fragile player modification, it will make players run twice as fast at the cost of lowered health and jumping height if i remember correctly.

Character, weapon and vehicle load out made specifically with strategies for a ongoing holiday event in mind may be used in other non event districts; To re-acclimatise to items not used as frequently, to practice and improve in techniques and strategies outside the event, or simply because they forgot to change back their normal load out after leaving the event district.

I am NOT saying that you are wrong and that there isn't any hackers, because there always be that tiny minority that will try to take advantage of exploits, play unfairly or outright cheat.

But if it is just the past few weeks, these may be some other reasons for you to consider and look into before jumping to any conclusions.

Edited by VickyFox

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

---EDIT---

I forgot to answer the first question, GMs may not be visible as they may want to obverse and collect evidence themselves of any rule breaking.

Video and screenshots submitted to Customer Service will be considered as further context to the report. Evidence to recommend further investigation and not evidence to take action on.

Again as said by NZB, Players are "innocent till proven guilty" and it is the staff that are the ones to prove it.

So GMs may be in game monitoring suspected cheaters but not taking action there and then so they can be certain if rule breaking is occurring.

It is advised not to call out suspected cheaters as they may stop their illegal actions and this will hinder investigations by staff.

Please just submit a /report and do not confront or call out the suspected person.

Back on to the main topic:

Battle Eye was added in June 2018 but was found not to be the most fitting service in it's application, Doesn't mean it's bad, It's just not quire right for APB.

May 2019 BlogPost:

Easy AntiCheat was added in April.

What has happened in the past few weeks which has not in the past half year that could cause a sudden increase of speed hackers or cheating in general?

There's 2 factors to consider here:

-Holiday events will bring back players which have been inactive. Unfortunately that does include people who have the intent of spoiling the experience for others.

-"Stay Frosty" Achievement requiring players to survive an entire game round of Holiday Cheer in Beacon Construction. One tactic used commonly is to try and outrun the Nutcracker army on foot using the Fragile player modification, it will make players run twice as fast at the cost of lowered health and jumping height if i remember correctly.

Character, weapon and vehicle load out made specifically with strategies for a ongoing holiday event in mind may be used in other non event districts; To re-acclimatise to items not used as frequently, to practice and improve in techniques and strategies outside the event, or simply because they forgot to change back their normal load out after leaving the event district.

I am NOT saying that you are wrong and that there isn't any hackers, because there always be that tiny minority that will try to take advantage of exploits, play unfairly or outright cheat.

But if it is just the past few weeks, these may be some other reasons for you to consider and look into before jumping to any conclusions.

That sounds like exactly what a GM would say.

7AhE4LQ.gif

21 hours ago, Ashn said:

Cause GMs arent allowed to wield the ban hammer. Only Matt can wield it.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

wait, what?

Didn't you hear about the physical ban hammer?

They have a ban button in his office where he takes a physical ban hammer and hits it to ban the player. As the CEO, only he is allowed to wield it and any of the staff will get fired if they do so. It is in their contracts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Didn't you hear about the physical ban hammer?

They have a ban button in his office where he takes a physical ban hammer and hits it to ban the player. As the CEO, only he is allowed to wield it and any of the staff will get fired if they do so. It is in their contracts.

I believe Matt also has a big sign outside of his office saying they will get fired if they touch the hammer.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That sounds like exactly what a GM would say.

7AhE4LQ.gif

Every now and then my memory is really good, the rest of the time I need a mirror at the side of my bed to remind myself that i'm not a turnip!

It's nice being able to express my opinions feely still though.

...As for the elusive hammer, I don't know anything for fact about that. I would have to guess that if it does exist, then it must be locked away in a safe within a reinforced vault under Little Orbit... Or just resting on Matt Scott's pillow in bed. I want believe the latter, a wholesome thought.

We dont need a Gm, or better it's not necessary one thousand of them., then sincerly there aren't so much cheaters, but it's true someone we have in game, also in high ranks.

We need a report system that it's working and efficiently working,  players too may cooperate for making the game good.

Reported for several months, until someone told me the report we have in game it was a leftover of a old anti-cheat.. bloody tasty news that was ahahha