Noob_Guardian

Fixing Carspawner and Radar Tower

Today I had an enemy spawn in a car spawn while 5m from it (yet again, it happens consistently to have enemies spawn within the ~30m radius), and I noticed with my radar tower, that it wasn't picking enemies up near it, but instead picked up my enemies who were ~120m from it (I had it parked near an old obj about 200m from the one I was at, and enemies in between were getting picked up by it). 

Or we could... just get rid of carspawners...

Revamp the vanilla spawn system, and then remove Mobile Spawn Point. It's the only way to return spawn map balance, which is currently one of the biggest balance issues in the game.

I'd also say just remove Mobile Radar Tower entirely. It's always been a buggy mess, and ultimately doesn't add all that much value to the game anyways.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Revamp the vanilla spawn system, and then remove Mobile Spawn Point. It's the only way to return spawn map balance, which is currently one of the biggest balance issues in the game.

I'd also say just remove Mobile Radar Tower entirely. It's always been a buggy mess, and ultimately doesn't add all that much value to the game anyways.

I would love for better normal spawns, mobile spawns are nice sometimes, but when combined with spawn waves have ended up being somewhat bleh. Add into other things like tking causing people to spawn into them faster than a normal death and spawning in it 400-800m away it gets wonky and not in a good way.

I'm actually fine with mobile radar, aside from G1/LO breaking it over and over again, I've always enjoyed it for defense, and for offense its nice with muffler to drive past for positions. It's great for those uses, but I really dislike it when people use it to hunt people who just spawned and ran inside to not be seen only to get hunted down by a premade group looking for cheezy kills. I'd rather keep radar in the game since it does have uses to help uncoordinated teams better.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

normal spawns... when you find the enemy team spawn and push them out to 350m+ away from the objective... yeah man that would be awesome i loved doing that to everyone on defends.

• Like 1

Mobile spawns are fine they allow closer spawns for both sides and regular spawns have been broken since forever. Way back in the day you could reg spawn 100m from an obj and get killed right away cause of snipers and spawns were pretty much same place allowing for spawn camping which made things once sided. The spawn system was reworked abit to what it is now and its still far from good but at least you cant get spawn camped/locked by a tryhard team. Now though you have these super far spawns that take half the mission time to travel, thats where car spawns come in.

This issue isnt just for car spawns its reg spawns too. If you spawn right before an enemy gets within the 30m radius to block the point you will spawn in that place and meet said enemy, if its a car spawner you spawn in the car when this happens. Its a spawn issue within the spawn system itself and one that isnt easy to fix unless they increase the radius an enemy needs to be nearby a spawn to block it from being used, even then this issue will still occur as its based on player movement around said spawn points. Removing car spawner wont fix this issue it just removes a place ppl can spawn at.

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Mobile spawns are fine they allow closer spawns for both sides and regular spawns have been broken since forever.

Mobile spawns were never fine, as you said it yourself they allow closer spawns which give a great advantage over normal spawns. This is the reason why 95% cars have this modification equipped. 

• Like 3

Don't spawn HVR's in the open where they have easy first shot on my team, WHILE BEING INVINCIBLE for few seconds. 

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

Mobile spawns were never fine, as you said it yourself they allow closer spawns which give a great advantage over normal spawns. This is the reason why 95% cars have this modification equipped. 

Both teams have that same advantage and it wouldnt be used so much if the reg spawns in game werent so bad. Dont tell me you prefer spawning further away from the obj. If spawns were fine ud see 95% of ppl using radar tower to expose the other team and wed all be complaining about that. Spawn cars are fine and just blow them up so they cant be used.

40 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Both teams have that same advantage and it wouldnt be used so much if the reg spawns in game werent so bad. Dont tell me you prefer spawning further away from the obj. If spawns were fine ud see 95% of ppl using radar tower to expose the other team and wed all be complaining about that. Spawn cars are fine and just blow them up so they cant be used.

The purpose of car spawners was to give more different places on the map where players could spawn. The problem occurs because it wasn't done properly and gives great advantage spawning you closer to objectives. Sure both teams have an advantage if their car spawners are in good places.  But what if 1 team has no car spawners and the other has 4? The team with higher amount of car spawners will always have greater advantage! No to mention if you want to destroy car spawners, grenades are the usual thing you use. And then later on when you would need a grenade you don't have one because you had to use them on damn stupid car spawners. 

Car spawners are are in my opinion the worst thing they added to the game. APB players constantly have to adapt to other players playstyle\tactics, in the end they can't play the game how they wanted to. Car spawners are a great example. Either adapt to this mod, or lose the game, normal day in APB, but things shouldn't be like this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why you'd remove mobile spawn points. They are not breaking the balance, they are the balance, which people who refuse to use complain about and also seem to forget to destroy and then complain about the enemy spawning in good locations in vehicles.

Remove the radar tower though, yeah, along with spotter, or at least make it so you can see yourself if you are spotted, because the enemy having a free "wallhack" on you without you knowing it is actually unbalanced. Could also make yourself show up on radar if you spot someone. That's another option.

Edited by SilverCrow

My idea would be to disable the car spawner modification for 5 seconds when taking any damage from opponents. This would essentially kill tactics like sitting in a Pioneer waiting for teammates to spawn or having the entire enemy squad spawn out of the car you were about to destroy. Just an idea really, could also adjust many things with cooldowns. Removing it is not necessary.

Radar Tower is just straight up broken and can be used as a permanent map-wide 2D radar if you can predict spawns.

Edited by Speedz
  • Like 2

i think out of everything being talked about here the car det being on a 10 second cooldown is the one that actually needs fixing.

spotter not informing the player that hes spotted is also another one that could use a fix.... everything else seems balanced... car spawner? kill the car... radar car mod... again kill the car.

4 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i think out of everything being talked about here the car det being on a 10 second cooldown is the one that actually needs fixing.

spotter not informing the player that hes spotted is also another one that could use a fix.... everything else seems balanced... car spawner? kill the car... radar car mod... again kill the car.

HUGE AMEN on that. Car Det spam is just soo NOOB. Yet, some 255's use this as their primary weapon. Usually a OCA or True Ogre player.

This needs a cooldown years ago. It's things like this they eerybody knows is the right thing to do, yet never addressed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

The purpose of car spawners was to give more different places on the map where players could spawn. The problem occurs because it wasn't done properly and gives great advantage spawning you closer to objectives. Sure both teams have an advantage if their car spawners are in good places.  But what if 1 team has no car spawners and the other has 4? The team with higher amount of car spawners will always have greater advantage! No to mention if you want to destroy car spawners, grenades are the usual thing you use. And then later on when you would need a grenade you don't have one because you had to use them on damn stupid car spawners. 

Car spawners are are in my opinion the worst thing they added to the game. APB players constantly have to adapt to other players playstyle\tactics, in the end they can't play the game how they wanted to. Car spawners are a great example. Either adapt to this mod, or lose the game, normal day in APB, but things shouldn't be like this

If one team has 4 you sneak around and blow them up. Ive been on both sides before and the easiest solution is to blow them up and bring your own spawners in, if you fail to sneak around thats on you I can sneak just fine. If you drive up to them obv the other team will see this and go to stop you. Objectives change places so you will always have to redeploy your equipment to a new area. Again there is nothing broken about spawners and it seems like you just dont know how to beat them and use them.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If one team has 4 you sneak around and blow them up. Ive been on both sides before and the easiest solution is to blow them up and bring your own spawners in, if you fail to sneak around thats on you I can sneak just fine. If you drive up to them obv the other team will see this and go to stop you. Objectives change places so you will always have to redeploy your equipment to a new area. Again there is nothing broken about spawners and it seems like you just dont know how to beat them and use them.

the actual issue is highlighted pretty well here

car spawner and radar tower (less so for radar tower now that it's bugged and unreliable) can have such a huge impact on a mission that they essentially have to be dealt with, they become almost like mini-objectives

forcing your opp to waste time running hundreds of meters and grenading cars (car mods going dark reveals location just as well as anything else btw) on mission stages that are already usually pretty short is a giant passive advantage, and the only way to counter it is to not blow up car spawners/radar towers and risk getting fucked in the patootie mid fight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the actual issue is highlighted pretty well here

car spawner and radar tower (less so for radar tower now that it's bugged and unreliable) can have such a huge impact on a mission that they essentially have to be dealt with, they become almost like mini-objectives

forcing your opp to waste time running hundreds of meters and grenading cars (car mods going dark reveals location just as well as anything else btw) on mission stages that are already usually pretty short is a giant passive advantage, and the only way to counter it is to not blow up car spawners/radar towers and risk getting fucked in the patootie mid fight

I recall a long spawn timer to use a car spawner being put in place to counter that so again I dont see where the problem is.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I recall a long spawn timer to use a car spawner being put in place to counter that so again I dont see where the problem is.

the car spawn cd only takes effect after you use car spawner once

23 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Today I had an enemy spawn in a car spawn while 5m from it (yet again, it happens consistently to have enemies spawn within the ~30m radius), and I noticed with my radar tower, that it wasn't picking enemies up near it, but instead picked up my enemies who were ~120m from it (I had it parked near an old obj about 200m from the one I was at, and enemies in between were getting picked up by it). 

Or we could... just get rid of carspawners...

Ive already made this thread like 5 times :^)

21 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

I don't understand why you'd remove mobile spawn points. They are not breaking the balance, they are the balance, which people who refuse to use complain about and also seem to forget to destroy and then complain about the enemy spawning in good locations in vehicles.

Nobody said anything about removing them, the whole spawning system in APB should be reworked, it's just terrible. So what's the point in other mods, if we are forced to use only 1?

10 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

it seems like you just dont know how to beat them and use them.

Not true. I play multiplayer shooting games because i want to shoot and kill the opposite team\players, not to destroy and disable car spawners. After they added this mod the game just wasn't as fun to me as it was before. It also forces you to addept to some stupid tactic that you don't want to us, just so you can be competitive with the other team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Nobody said anything about removing them,

OP literally wrote "Or we could... just get rid of carspawners..."

2 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

...i want to shoot and kill the opposite team\players, not to destroy and disable car spawners. After they added this mod the game just wasn't as fun to me as it was before. It also forces you to addept to some stupid tactic that you don't want to us, just so you can be competitive with the other team

Getting outmanouvered = "some stupid tactic".

2 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

OP literally wrote "Or we could... just get rid of carspawners..."

Getting outmanouvered = "some stupid tactic".

Can I get a timestamp?

That gameplay is very hard to watch.

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Can I get a timestamp?

That gameplay is very hard to watch.

september 3rd 2015, coulda just went to the youtoob channel and looked at upload date

Merged.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:48 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

90 seconds isn't that long, that's generally using it 2-3x per objective, which is still ~8-9x a match, unless you count the phantom menace or some other near 40 minute long missions, then you can use them ~13x.

The biggest issue with car spawners is not only can enemies spawn within eyesight and sub 30m from you (even though they shouldn't) they can still be shot at and not cancel the spawn. Add into the fact that people like to run in a car, get the spawn, run back 2-4 fresh in a car vs whatever is left of your team from their first push is really problematic. That's also excluding every numbskull out there using them on every high HP/fast vehicle in the game. From Vegas to Pio, which then takes 2 frags, or a conc + shots, or a frag + a ton of shots, just to negate. The spawns also act as enemy location markers when destroyed and messed with, and they deviate from the primary game objective. Add into the fact that your team often either ignores them, or you can't run around the objective all 4 sides to focus and destroy them consistently (which there's really 0 point in half the time, because the moment you kill a single enemy, they spawn, grab a car spawn, and drive back to point or they kill you, walk 30m to the car spawn and grab a new car depending on area).

So really, "focusing car spawns" generally get you nowhere, especially when you kill a sniper first, and he  spawns  drives  within range, and uses a sniper to hold point behind it while you're teams injured and now can't take it. So yeah, car spawns ARE broken, even IF they are destroyed consistently, because of how easy it is to respawn them at all times due to spawn choices. They should increase the normal amount of places to spawn (over 80m from obj), and then remove car spawns or drastically rework them further.

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

90 seconds isn't that long, that's generally using it 2-3x per objective, which is still ~8-9x a match, unless you count the phantom menace or some other near 40 minute long missions, then you can use them ~13x.

The biggest issue with car spawners is not only can enemies spawn within eyesight and sub 30m from you (even though they shouldn't) they can still be shot at and not cancel the spawn. Add into the fact that people like to run in a car, get the spawn, run back 2-4 fresh in a car vs whatever is left of your team from their first push is really problematic. That's also excluding every numbskull out there using them on every high HP/fast vehicle in the game. From Vegas to Pio, which then takes 2 frags, or a conc + shots, or a frag + a ton of shots, just to negate. The spawns also act as enemy location markers when destroyed and messed with, and they deviate from the primary game objective. Add into the fact that your team often either ignores them, or you can't run around the objective all 4 sides to focus and destroy them consistently (which there's really 0 point in half the time, because the moment you kill a single enemy, they spawn, grab a car spawn, and drive back to point or they kill you, walk 30m to the car spawn and grab a new car depending on area).

So really, "focusing car spawns" generally get you nowhere, especially when you kill a sniper first, and he  spawns  drives  within range, and uses a sniper to hold point behind it while you're teams injured and now can't take it. So yeah, car spawns ARE broken, even IF they are destroyed consistently, because of how easy it is to respawn them at all times due to spawn choices. They should increase the normal amount of places to spawn (over 80m from obj), and then remove car spawns.

This all goes back to the orig problem, the spawn system as a whole is broken.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This all goes back to the orig problem, the spawn system as a whole is broken.

Car spawns don't fix the spawn issue though, they make it drastically worse, the spawn system got reworked with spawn choices which "helped" a lot, yes there's still issues, but it's far better than car spawns. Carspawns are like a poorly done stitch job on a massive wound.

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Car spawns don't fix the spawn issue though, they make it drastically worse, the spawn system got reworked with spawn choices which "helped" a lot, yes there's still issues, but it's far better than car spawns. Carspawns are like a poorly done stitch job on a massive wound.

Its better then nothing at all and we know how G1 was with doing nothing.