Farmiga

Stun weapons

15 hours ago, claude said:

Players who hop between crim/enf understand how unnecessarily inconvenient this makes playing APB. If I want to go LTL, I HAVE to disregard player population and character progression on my crim and play enf. People say LTL is trash, and it is, but if it's so garbage, then why do you care if crim has access to it too? do you morons not want to level your role on your crims too? I really don't understand the gatekeeping.

That's like saying "lets just get rid of roles, let the heavy use a sniper. Let the medic use the chain gun, let the healer wear plate and cast fireballs, let the rouge mass heal and bless , and don't forget to let them use holy smite...   You want to be able to play any (and all roles) in any game?  There are reasons that there are roles  in games, to not understand that, well you are too young to be playing APB, if you want to use LTL, then play and Enf.  If you want to ram raid, play a crim.

Edited by AveragePlayer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AveragePlayer said:

That's like saying "lets just get rid of roles, let the heavy use a sniper. Let the medic use the chain gun, let the healer wear plate and cast fireballs, let the rouge mass heal and bless , and don't forget to let them use holy smite...   You want to be able to play any (and all roles) in any game?  There are reasons that there are roles  in games, to not understand that, well you are too young to be playing APB, if you want to use LTL, then play and Enf.  If you want to ram raid, play a crim.

COMPLETELY different things. You are playing a classless TPS, where both factions have the same exact loadouts except one has access to a type of weaponry that the other doesn't have, for no reason other than "FaCtIoN IdEnTiTY."

Heavy using a sniper would be unbalanced, it would effectively double the snipers health pool and only lower movement speed.

Medic using a high DPS weapon while being able to pump heals out isnt balanced, obvious reasons

Paladins wear plate so that makes zero sense, sure some of their BiS pieces can be cloth but they can wear plate, allowing them to cast fireballs wouldnt make any sense and they'd probably rarely use it (all within classic WoW game logic, since every other MMO is irrelevant and dead anyway)

Giving a rogue the ability to out-heal other healing classes and buff others without the use of a pally would be broken, and would kill off other classes viability.

Giving crims LTL because Enforcers have LTL wont do shit to the balancing of the game, it will only enable both factions to have access to the same exact weapons. It wont make enforcers obsolete, it wont make crims better, it will literally do nothing bad to the balance of the game.

7 hours ago, AveragePlayer said:

That's like saying "lets just get rid of roles, let the heavy use a sniper. Let the medic use the chain gun, let the healer wear plate and cast fireballs, let the rouge mass heal and bless , and don't forget to let them use holy smite"

Yeah.... no.

well they already got rid of faction only shit when they gave everyone the faction specific cars and clothing on armas... all thats left to make for crims is cop role... they even gave enforcers the hack tool unlock which only used to be crims that could unlock it.

if they wanna make sense of it.. there are corrupt cops irl... let crims be corrupt cops.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah.... no.

im waiting for the thread for a 3rd faction. it feels about time.

that doesnt mean i want it , just that people spam threads all over the place lol

On 12/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, Sadira said:

I don't really consider this as a form of good money making at all.

This is coming from someone who has done a lot of car returning for TONS of hours.

time does not matter here, the law enforcers can obtain the income is not playing in FС or mission .

the thread itself is dedicated to Stubb .. a series that allows you to do too much abuse .

Edited by yood

I can see a new Joker mystery box that contains a ltl stun weapon i can see that happening that would be great.

17 minutes ago, MidnightQ said:

I can see a new Joker mystery box that contains a ltl stun weapon i can see that happening that would be great.

i'd rather not see orbit add any new guns until they show they can actually balance the guns we already have tbh

they aren't off to a great start

Let me tell you, a couple of years ago, and I am sure enough people remember it, if I am not wrong during the Christmas Event, there was a bug allowing stunned Enforcers to be arrested by members of Criminal faction. Yes it was a short-lived bug, there was no role progress nor rewards or something like that for arresting an Enforcer, but it was fun. Technically, a Criminal could perform a citizen's arrest and still stay within boundaries of the APB's lore. I know implementing something like this isn't possible but perhaps in the future there could be some situations or maybe events where this would be a feature. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, yood said:

time does not matter here, the law enforcers can obtain the income is not playing in FС or mission .

the thread itself is dedicated to Stubb .. a series that allows you to do too much abuse .

The point of my response was to give enforcers something too if you're going to give crims some form of LTL.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, Blackace-RD said:

Not exactly a weapon,but a grenade: molotovs can be a unique criminal thing

^Exactly this:

Maybe Criminal canT arrest ,but what about burn?

The game meccanic could be pretty similar to stun/arrest 

• 1-hit enfos with benz or hazardous liquid weapon (molotov, spray)
  • 2-after enough hits, enfo is stunned due to gas vapor.
  • 3-if crime is close, can hit/fire with lighter and burn it.
  • 4-enfo have a limited time for be rescued by teammate before burn is complete.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:33 AM, Sadira said:

The point of my response was to give enforcers something too if you're going to give crims some form of LTL.

initially many weapons from series of Staba was universal, for both factions . 6.png

criminals have already tried this weapon with the original version image.png

players could even try the experimental version 14681629-319278808437008-633280181467243

criminals can use a heavy machine Nulander Pioneer Q134 ??   yes !

why can't criminals use Stabb's series weapons ?

Edited by yood

2 downvote for an original idea perfectly able to be ingame.

this community deserve a NanoOgre  with ttk <0,3s .

No. Besides, LTL sucks patootie, and has already been nerfed too much.

We already lost our unique vehicles to the Crims. And besides, the key point of the Cop role was originally to get discreet sirens - but now... Anyone can simply hide the ones they have.

So much for having a more-or-less unique Jericho.

You know , I'll change my stance on crims having LTL

let the crims have the LTL weapons

Then they will see how hard it is for arrests when those of us experienced with LTL kill the LTL crims twice as much if not more.

Maybe then the crims  will stop hating on enforcers using LTL and respect them more lol