Farmiga

Stun weapons

easier for a crim to get a kill than it is for an enforcer to get an arrest.

after all these years there's still crims who want to try for arrests?

why aren't they playing their other slot as an enforcer and seeing how bad it is?

• Thanks 1

I used to want an LTL criminal equivalent, but now I just think there shouldn't be. Instead I would prefer more things that define each faction.  For example let crims have more "homemade" stuff like say a molotov cocktail that woks like a bomb but makes an area do damage over time for a few seconds; but a full blown hit can kill a player. Meanwhile an enforcer would have tear gas that would greatly decreases visibility. Also I just read over a lore e-mail where it mentions that there has been some LTL weapon taken out of the market because they caused death. One of them was some sort of foam that immobilized crims. Something like that could come back, but it doesn't have to just immobilize crims, if you throw it on a car it could make the wheels not work properly (slowing it down). Or maybe  crims could have a back stabbing function where if you sneak up on a enforcer you get to shank them to death, while leaving them vulnerable to attacks from other enforcers (which would be the closest to a ltl).

I mean I hate getting arrested while playing a crim, but I don't think they should have the same function. They should have their own things.

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

crims can go N5 easily and make bank faster

enforcers make money by arrests.

Unless you are going against low skill players, it is easier to make more killing players than arresting them.  Arresting moderate to higher skill players is hard mainly because the arrest only counts once per spawn and ltl weapons have massive drawbacks.

1 minute ago, illgot said:

Unless you are going against low skill players, it is easier to make more killing players than arresting them.  Arresting moderate to higher skill players is hard mainly because the arrest only counts once per spawn and ltl weapons have massive drawbacks.

that sounds more like a dethrating issue rather than anything about how hard LTL is

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

that sounds more like a dethrating issue rather than anything about how hard LTL is

Try using ltl against gold threat (real golds) players.  It's easy against bronze and some silvers, but nearly impossible against players like OCA.

And the arrested player has to respawn when arrested or die because arresting only counts once per spawn.  If the target is set free and you arrest them again you get nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, illgot said:

Try using ltl against gold threat (real golds) players.  It's easy against bronze and some silvers, but nearly impossible against players like OCA.

And the arrested player has to respawn when arrested or die because arresting only counts once per spawn.  If the target is set free and you arrest them again you get nothing.

i do arrest golds and its a pain which has been my point so ????

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i do arrest golds and its a pain which has been my point so ????

money wise it is just more profitable to kill players and get a kill count of 20+ than it is to arrest players with a count of 5 and probably lose the mission.

I never said anything about your skill level, only that it can be more profitable to use lethal force against moderate to higher skilled players than using LTL.

2 minutes ago, illgot said:

money wise it is just more profitable to kill players and get a kill count of 20+ than it is to arrest players with a count of 5 and probably lose the mission.

I never said anything about your skill level, only that it can be more profitable to use lethal force against moderate to higher skilled players than using LTL.

I think you might be going off on a tangent and misunderstanding me , but thats ok.

arrests do pay out which is why enforcers have LTL to make money. its how the game is made.

if you can pull it off or not is a different matter , and a hard one to do which is why it always surprises me that there are crims who want LTL when it can be a nightmare

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

I think you might be going off on a tangent and misunderstanding me , but thats ok.

arrests do pay out which is why enforcers have LTL to make money. its how the game is made.

if you can pull it off or not is a different matter , and a hard one to do which is why it always surprises me that there are crims who want LTL when it can be a nightmare

LTL TTS is nearly twice as long as lethals TTK plus it LTL has heavy restrictions in weapon type, range, etc.

and yeah, I just woke up and am hungry so my mind isn't focused.

We need demerit medal for those kill greedy team mates who kill criminals while you're trying to arrest them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, claude said:

I really hate when people act as if either faction has any real "identity" when the only difference between the two is sirens, paying off bounty, driving into stores, LTL and mugging. The factions are far from unique, and have been for years. How can you take this so seriously and act like it even matters anymore? The only people who play nowadays are players who've been around for nearly a decade, I can't imagine anyone quitting or getting upset because "waah, crims got LTL varients, there's no reason to play enforcer anymore."

Players who hop between crim/enf understand how unnecessarily inconvenient this makes playing APB. If I want to go LTL, I HAVE to disregard player population and character progression on my crim and play enf. People say LTL is trash, and it is, but if it's so garbage, then why do you care if crim has access to it too? do you morons not want to level your role on your crims too? I really don't understand the gatekeeping.

Also, if I wanna play APB without getting bounty every 10 minutes and worrying about an out-of-mission silver HVRing me in a TDM stage, I have to play crim in order to pay it off. Even though Little Orbit said they'd remove the bounty system soon, making the 1 actual useful "crim identity trait" completely useless, but nobody seems to be complaining about this, so it's puzzling as to why people act like they care about lore/roleplaying BS when they clearly don't care?

You obv cant tell sarcasm when you see it. I am well aware of the blurred lines between the factions ive been playing since 2011. LTL still brings some identity to enforcers and it shouldnt be given to crims and while were here LO could make things unique again with future content releases splitting the factions up. LTL isnt garbage it just requires skill, something in which most of this community refuses to develop as they just want the easiest way possible to go about playing (hence all the OP gun spam).

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You obv cant tell sarcasm when you see it. I am well aware of the blurred lines between the factions ive been playing since 2011. LTL still brings some identity to enforcers and it shouldnt be given to crims and while were here LO could make things unique again with future content releases splitting the factions up. LTL isnt garbage it just requires skill, something in which most of this community refuses to develop as they just want the easiest way possible to go about playing (hence all the OP gun spam).

Hard to derive sarcasm from a statement that is commonly made by trash players almost monthly. It seems you aren't being sarcastic, because you bring up the whole "identity" thing, which nobody realistically benefits from or gives a damn about anymore. If "identity" matters so much, crim can have their own scuffed LTL variant with some dumb theme that fits it. The only LTL weapon that isn't trash is the pig, and the only thing good about it is it allows u to play like a defensive surprise, even with a low TTK. All other LTL weapons are awful because they have tremendously higher TTKs, allowing them to be outgunned by pretty much everything that isn't an LTL. 

11 minutes ago, claude said:

Hard to derive sarcasm from a statement that is commonly made by trash players almost monthly. It seems you aren't being sarcastic, because you bring up the whole "identity" thing, which nobody realistically benefits from or gives a damn about anymore. If "identity" matters so much, crim can have their own scuffed LTL variant with some dumb theme that fits it. The only LTL weapon that isn't trash is the pig, and the only thing good about it is it allows u to play like a defensive surprise, even with a low TTK. All other LTL weapons are awful because they have tremendously higher TTKs, allowing them to be outgunned by pretty much everything that isn't an LTL. 

Thats because way back when G1 redid the stats on all the guns minus LTL so while lethal guns got a buff LTL didnt which is why its so hard to do stuns. Once you learn the stabba and LTL shottie you can figure out how they work best and be pretty good with them it just requires getting gud.

15 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Thats because way back when G1 redid the stats on all the guns minus LTL so while lethal guns got a buff LTL didnt which is why its so hard to do stuns. Once you learn the stabba and LTL shottie you can figure out how they work best and be pretty good with them it just requires getting gud.

ltl actually has generally higher tts vs ttk because g1 made the mod “energized” (-15% incoming stamina damage) a standard character stat instead of carrying the mod over from rtw 

regardless, ltl is trash just because of the fact that a successful takeout requires you to expose yourself for an arrest animation

7 minutes ago, Solamente said:

regardless, ltl is trash just because of the fact that a successful takeout requires you to expose yourself for an arrest animation

Uve ALWAYS had to do that. Its never changed.

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Uve ALWAYS had to do that. Its never changed.

no shit sherlock

that's why ltl has always been trash, its objectively worse performance wise to be forced to "kill" your opponent twice

it would be cool if we could use molotov or some other type of utility as a criminal. the stun nade launcher is a nice utility weapon and i pull mine out when im facing hard players and need to make them respawn slower (item hold, 3 point hold) and/or deny them access to the area. i do use LTL against hard golds... but it can be impossible to use vs organized premades. 

18 minutes ago, Solamente said:

ltl actually has generally higher tts vs ttk because g1 made the mod “energized” (-15% incoming stamina damage) a standard character stat instead of carrying the mod over from rtw 

i always try to use the arrest as cover when im arresting in the open.. its pretty satisfying when you use the arrest as cover, get the arrest and  then the enemy teamkills him trying to kill you XD

flak jacket also protects vs stun nade launcher so thats another "nerf" to ltl if you can even call that a nerf.

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

no shit sherlock

that's why ltl has always been trash, its objectively worse performance wise to be forced to "kill" your opponent twice

Heres a suggestion then, dont go for arrests. Nobody said you had to arrest after a stun. If you want the cop role then your SOL but otherwise you can shoot from cover. Once again LTL requires abit more skill, ive maxed it out on 2 chars since 2011 and I dont really find much of an issue with getting said arrests personally.

8 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Heres a suggestion then, dont go for arrests. Nobody said you had to arrest after a stun. If you want the cop role then your SOL but otherwise you can shoot from cover. Once again LTL requires abit more skill, ive maxed it out on 2 chars since 2011 and I dont really find much of an issue with getting said arrests personally.

so you're still killing an enemy twice, and my point remains

whether or not you have trouble with arrests isnt the point (and its anecdotal at best), ltl mechanics limit the category to worse performance than every lethal gun

Just now, Solamente said:

so you're still killing an enemy twice, and my point remains

whether or not you have trouble with arrests isnt the point (and its anecdotal at best), ltl mechanics limit the category to worse performance than every lethal gun

Its a challenge and anyone who wants a challenge its right up their alley. In a game severely lacking them its needed to keep things interesting and not boring.

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its a challenge and anyone who wants a challenge its right up their alley. In a game severely lacking them its needed to keep things interesting and not boring.

no one is arguing that ltl is more challenging 

Of course getting cop role is easy when you farm it in bronze districts. 

Do it in silver districts and you are either a useless teammate or easy opp. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sadira said:

Nah.

the enforcer can't collect any cars and hand them over to the evidence service for cash ?

why can't criminals attack an enforcer who has money ? attack, take and divide .

Edited by yood

20 minutes ago, yood said:

the enforcer can't collect any cars and hand them over to the evidence service for cash ?

why can't criminals attack an enforcer who has money ? attack, take and divide .

I don't really consider this as a form of good money making at all.

Enforcers can only return vehicles that were stolen. You assume that there will be tons of stolen cars, which there really isn't due to people preferring to use their own vehicles. Not saying there isn't any at all, but you can sometimes spend over 30 minutes just trying to find a single stolen car. Not to mention, not all stolen vehicles will reward you the same money. The type of vehicle is considered, making sure the car is fully repaired for pristine bonus. Also considering prestige which goes up much slower than notoriety.

And then you're kind of forced to use a starter car, because the amount of times you have to summon back your own custom vehicle (costs $100 per summon) to get back to stolen vehicle hunting, can really just take away all the money you earn from just trying to return stolen cars, so in fact, you could lose money.

This is coming from someone who has done a lot of car returning for TONS of hours.

I never said that criminals can't attack enforcers that have money. I welcome it.

Edited by Sadira