Farmiga

Stun weapons

When will we have criminals special weapons such as enforcer weapons? I'm 5 years waiting for them to put them haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmiga said:

When will we have criminals special weapons such as enforcer weapons? I'm 5 years waiting for them to put them haha

I Love using them on criminals though 🤷‍♂️

Why even have faction differences at that point. Let's just be red team and blue team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why even have faction differences at that point. Let's just be red team and blue team.

just remove factions altogether so i don't have wait 20 minutes to get a mission against silvers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

just remove factions altogether so i don't have wait 20 minutes to get a mission against silvers

Na. Keep factions. Add same faction matchmaking.

2 hours ago, Sadira said:

when enforcers can ram raid

:^)

Well enforcers can already steal all the money criminals are raiding, kinda unfair.

50 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You need players for matchmaking to work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Well enforcers can already steal all the money criminals are raiding, kinda unfair.

crims can go N5 easily and make bank faster

enforcers make money by arrests.

1 hour ago, ZoriaDunne said:

You need players for matchmaking to work.

It's not really unfair if arresting is the only way for enforcers to make money. LTL isn't easy - matchmaking considered too (AND risking getting kill hungry teammates). It goes both ways.

At least crims have chances of being alone, meanwhile PVP is absolutely required 100% for enforcers to make money.

Edited by Sadira
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tell us one good reason why LO should spend their time and money making stun weapons for criminals? I would understand if these weapons would be super popular, but considering that nobody ever plays them... Some of you people have been asking and begging to get stun weapons for years now. Really though, how hard is it to make an enforcer and when ever you feel like playing stun weapons go on that character and problem solved

9 hours ago, Farmiga said:

So making each side have everything the other has really makes crims and enfs unique from eachother doesnt it.

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why would enforcers fight amongst each other though? 

6 minutes ago, plainawful said:

Why would enforcers fight amongst each other though? 

Because enforcers are pretty much criminals with badges at this point in the lore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Because enforcers are pretty much criminals with badges at this point in the lore.

Yeah true, but they are still on gov's payroll, and if they started fighting with each other, the whole faction would be disbanded and national guard called in?

17 minutes ago, plainawful said:

Yeah true, but they are still on gov's payroll, and if they started fighting with each other, the whole faction would be disbanded and national guard called in?

San Paro does not payroll them. When you get down to it the only real support they get is through the city security act allowing such actions and them giving out the licenses/etc for it.

The whole national guard excuse is a sort of 'suspension of disbelief' thing because obviously it would have happened already and such a situation in San Paro is ridiculous in reality. So you have to operate on the thinking of a heightened reality. Enforcers have already shown within the lore that they are no better than criminals, including to each other sometimes. Heck, some of the things ruin the city itself more than it helps.

Enforcer vs Criminal was never meant to be cops vs robbers or right vs wrong or good vs evil. It is two set of a55hole criminal factions coming from different angles to an extremely chaotic situation in an attempt to milk and exploit it for their own good.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

San Paro does not payroll them. When you get down to it the only real support they get is through the city security act allowing such actions and them giving out the licenses/etc for it.

The whole national guard excuse is a sort of 'suspension of disbelief' thing because obviously it would have happened already and such a situation in San Paro is ridiculous in reality. So you have to operate on the thinking of a heightened reality. Enforcers have already shown within the lore that they are no better than criminals, including to each other sometimes. Heck, some of the things ruin the city itself more than it helps.

Enforcer vs Criminal was never meant to be cops vs robbers or right vs wrong or good vs evil. It is two set of a55hole criminal factions coming from different angles to an extremely chaotic situation in an attempt to milk and exploit it for their own good.

Who gave enforcers authority? I haven't followed the lore that closely but to my understanding, Enforcers still operate on federal level, since the arresting and "actual crime fighting. "

4 minutes ago, plainawful said:

Who gave enforcers authority? I haven't followed the lore that closely but to my understanding, Enforcers still operate on federal level, since the arresting and "actual crime fighting. "

The current Mayor, Jane Darren and the rest of her cabinet by passing the CSA as a city ordnance. Enforcers are local level. Regardless, the majority of both factions don't really want the 'war' to end and would/do do things to keep it going.

Devil's advocate: it really wouldn't be that hard to create an in-game excuse for faction infighting. Criminals vs Criminals could be simple fights between rival gangs; Enforcers vs Enforcers could be one group perceiving the other as a rogue element within the CSA-registered units.

Still gonna be a hard "no" on giving Crims LTL though.

Edited by MartinPL

33 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Devil's advocate: it really wouldn't be that hard to create an in-game excuse for faction infighting. Criminals vs Criminals could be simple fights between rival gangs; Enforcers vs Enforcers could be one group perceiving the other as a rogue element within the CSA-registered units.

Still gonna be a hard "no" on giving Crims LTL though.

Or one is actually is rogue, or both, one is trying to sabotage the other for a better position, or both competing over the same mission, or gone undercover, or working for a third party, or working with a criminal group for zero-sum outcome, or an abundance more.

Every mission can easily have it's own reason for that particular mission.

Stage 1: Oh noes a fellow enforcer group is stealing our weapons to use it for themselves. Stop them from breaking in.

Stage: 2: Oh noes they got the weapons, stop them from taking it back to their outpost.

Stage 3: Oh noes they are going to use the weapons on these criminal cars in front of effigy media, now they will get all the attention. Save those cars.

Final stage: Oh noes they blew up the cars and got all the fame, go push them out of some of their territory

I could go on for days writing these and never run out of ideas.

Have fun with it making it in to the game though, and even if it did you know it'll just be the same missions not changed to suit the double faction.

• Like 1

I can understand that the only way for the police to make extra money is to arrest and for the criminals stealing, the difference is that the special weapons of the police are stupidly broken without recoil and can be used even in fight club, what I propose is that they eliminate the option of stealing for criminals and in turn they implement an inventory of special weapons for criminals for example:
PIG = PIG reskin short shotgun with the same stun property and being stunned by a criminal this will propice a beating the police at the same time it would take a police officer to arrest a criminal

the beating animation may be the same as that used in a robbery of a civilian, the shape of the shotgun cut out of the object of clothing can be used simply create a different sound and the exact same properties

Edited by Farmiga

12 hours ago, Sadira said:

when enforcers can ram raid

:^)

there's nothing funny about it . this realistically do .

Stabba's series is Bound to appear in crime . the old theme is a very problematic thread

9 hours ago, Sadira said:

It's not really unfair if arresting is the only way for enforcers to make money.

you're wrong

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Farmiga said:

the special weapons of the police are stupidly broken without recoil and can be used even in fight club,

Oh, alright. I mean, you could have just said "I have never actually used LTL in my entire life" in your opening post to save us the trouble, but still, better late than never!

Less Than Lethal weaponry is straight up less versatile than its lethal equivalents. LTL requires a specific playstyle that puts the user at constant risk - a stun needs to be secured by physically approaching the stunned criminal and interacting with them, otherwise the target will just get right back up (with a slight resistance to stun damage to boot). Kills are easy to get - arrests are a challenge.

If you genuinely believe LTL is broken and/or overpowered — sorry, but I have reasons to believe you have never actually even tried using it before.

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

So making each side have everything the other has really makes crims and enfs unique from eachother doesnt it.

I really hate when people act as if either faction has any real "identity" when the only difference between the two is sirens, paying off bounty, driving into stores, LTL and mugging. The factions are far from unique, and have been for years. How can you take this so seriously and act like it even matters anymore? The only people who play nowadays are players who've been around for nearly a decade, I can't imagine anyone quitting or getting upset because "waah, crims got LTL varients, there's no reason to play enforcer anymore."

Players who hop between crim/enf understand how unnecessarily inconvenient this makes playing APB. If I want to go LTL, I HAVE to disregard player population and character progression on my crim and play enf. People say LTL is trash, and it is, but if it's so garbage, then why do you care if crim has access to it too? do you morons not want to level your role on your crims too? I really don't understand the gatekeeping.

Also, if I wanna play APB without getting bounty every 10 minutes and worrying about an out-of-mission silver HVRing me in a TDM stage, I have to play crim in order to pay it off. Even though Little Orbit said they'd remove the bounty system soon, making the 1 actual useful "crim identity trait" completely useless, but nobody seems to be complaining about this, so it's puzzling as to why people act like they care about lore/roleplaying BS when they clearly don't care?

• Like 1