6 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

I do, its called scroll wheel. Not to mention, Macro's are a windows feature. Are you going to tell me that Windows is not allowed? Oh and sticky keys is a thing too. But you know. Macro's rah rah rah.

Look, here is the deal. There is a legitimate argument to be made here. Scripts are bad, hacks are Bad. But my entire point is that Macro's are neither of these things. And those of you who perpetuate this nonsense are wrong. Macro's in and of themselves do not net any real advantage nor do they change any game mechanics.

at what point do we lose you in "using external tools to automate processes intended to be manual is bad"

its really not that complicated

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

No that is still an onclick. It does not allow timers or anything of that nature.  Windows is not allowed. sorry.

Mouse wheel is definately not a one click, it is a rotating click wheel and only takes one finger movement to net hundreds of click. And awe shite, guess I need to install linux to play apb now.

7 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Macro's in and of themselves do not net any real advantage nor do they change any game mechanics.

Can you press one key, and then a macro does automation of a series of preprogrammed steps?

If yes, that is changing the semiauto game mechanic.

And I do love how I asked for clarification, and the reply was, "go read about it" instead of stating their stance.

Edited by Nymphi-DoubleDee

Just now, BXNNXD said:

at what point do we lose you in "using external tools to automate processes intended to be manual is bad"

its really not that complicated

I never stated using external tools. I said built in features of mice, keyboards, and windows. They are not external if they are required to play the game. It is the others who are arguing that 3rd party apps are macro's My point is that Macro's exists and are fine, but scripting is a different animal.

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Can you press one key, and then a macro does automation of a series of preprogrammed steps?

If yes, that is changing the semiauto game mechanic.

but you are not changing any game mechanic, you are just taking advantage of a mechanic. 

Just now, Dreadarm said:

I never stated using external tools. I said built in features of mice, keyboards, and windows. They are not external if they are required to play the game. It is the others who are arguing that 3rd party apps are macro's My point is that Macro's exists and are fine, but scripting is a different animal.

They are external in the fact that you use the software of the mouse to set it up.

They are not internally coded into the game.

Are... Are you dense?

37 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

This is not true either, Revomag in 2014 clearly stated that it was NOT a problem. I believe it was even posted in a sticky at one time.

While I can't speak for disgraced former pocket GMs, I can refer you to the G1 APB: Reloaded Code of Conduct and Policies Section B (Prohibited Behavior) Number 16. "Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software."

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/forum-634/announcement-549-apb-reloaded™-code-of-conduct-and-policies/

*Drops Mic*

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

onclick =/= "one click"

17 years of something in some industry tells me that those are different things. 7 years of apb tells me that a 3rd party tool, no matter what you want to call it, which interfaces with the game is a big fat cheaty tool.

1 minute ago, Dreadarm said:

but you are not changing any game mechanic, you are just taking advantage of a mechanic. 

By using something coded outside of APB to change the internal mechanic of APB?

Seriously, you ain't gonna win this.

3 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

at this point i have to assume youre arguing just to boost post count or something lmao

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

While I can't speak for disgraced former pocket GMs, I can refer you to the G1 APB: Reloaded Code of Conduct and Policies Section B (Prohibited Behavior) Number 16. "Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software."

*Drops Mic*

Please link the code of conduct you are referring to, because I don't see a section B number 16 here

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

By using something coded outside of APB to change the internal mechanic of APB?

Seriously, you ain't gonna win this.

See you are latching on to this idea that some how a macro is changing a game mechanic, and an "internal" one at that. But its not. Not even in the slightest.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/forum-634/announcement-549-apb-reloaded™-code-of-conduct-and-policies/

*Drops Mic*

Alright, cool Thanks for the info. So on one aspect G1 changed their minds and said no macro. thats fine. But, it doesn't change my opinion.

Edited by Dreadarm

7 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Please link the code of conduct you are referring to, because I don't see a section B number 16 here

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you.

I stated that under G1, Macros both hardware and software were bannable, and that until we were told otherwise, we should assume they still were.

You then countered with an alleged quote from a fired pocket GM that used to work for G1.

So I simply linked and quoted the aforementioned ruling back to you.

So until LO says this is no longer the case, you should assume it is.

Better safe than sorry and all that.

Again, here is the link if you'd like to look it up yourself.

@Lixil if you could clarify this issue for us, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you.

I stated that under G1, Macros both hardware and software were bannable, and that until we were told otherwise, we should assume they still were.

You then countered with an alleged quote from a fired pocket GM that used to work for G1.

So I simply linked and quoted the aforementioned ruling back to you.

So until LO says this is no longer the case, you should assume it is.

Better safe than sorry and all that.

Again, here is the link if you'd like to look it up yourself.

@Lixil if you could clarify this issue for us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I credited you for this when I realized what you meant.

1 minute ago, Dreadarm said:

Yeah I credited you for this when I realized what you meant.

Sorry slow connection at the moment, I didn't see it til I posted myself.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry slow connection at the moment, I didn't see it til I posted myself.

And also, Thanks for actually backing your statements with facts and legit information instead of arguing empty points like some others. I can concede when I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

And also, Thanks for actually backing your statements with facts and legit information instead of arguing empty points like some others. I can concede when I am wrong.

If you are wrong*

To be completely fair, we still don't know LO's stance on this.

43 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Mouse wheel is definately not a one click, it is a rotating click wheel and only takes one finger movement to net hundreds of click. And awe shite, guess I need to install linux to play apb now.

good luck emulating DEP on linux. APB requires you have DEP enabled.

18 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Like the way you clarified what you are talking about?

giphy.webp

11 hours ago, Dreadarm said:

See this is exactly where you are wrong, you are not changing anything, you are just making it simpler, and more efficient. Every single time you make an argument, you do not use any sort of information or resources to back it up, you BARELY bark your opinion and talk down to the other party, then use fallacies to try to sway peoples thoughts. You have no actually value in your statements. Your opinion is just that, an opinion, and a quite incorrect one at that.

Good day.

All your arguments apply to straight up hacks too. Funny coincidence.

5 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Like the way you clarified what you are talking about?

giphy.webp

My point has been clear from the beginning you just refuse to see it because you don't want to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Isais said:

All your arguments apply to straight up hacks too. Funny coincidence.

Nope, clearly you have not read any of the previous posts. Are you attempting to hackusate me? interesting...

The "legality" or arguing the technicalities of the use of macros is redundant, because either way it's frowned upon and if you argue for them/use them then you shouldn't be playing a competitive game.

1 minute ago, SLICKIEM said:

The "legality" or arguing the technicalities of the use of macros is redundant, because either way it's frowned upon and if you argue for them/use them then you shouldn't be playing a competitive game.

I'm sorry, Redundancy is not the proper phrase here. maybe mute, or null would better suit that? but in any case, I am not arguing technicalities. I am making a clear differentiation between macro, script, and hack. My entire basis has always been exactly the same since the first post.

8 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

uKYtzaW.png

It's the proper phrase.

No, its not, because in order for it to be no longer needed or useful, it has to be basically a reiteration of the same thing. Hence Redundancy. However in the context of your statement Mute or Null would fit better since you are saying my argument is completely invalid based on your opinion. You cant make a claim that its not needed simply because you disagree. In the case that there was a decision already passed down, or I was arguing something to be made "legal" when it was already legal, that is redundant.

see, you conveniently cut out the context to attempt to make it fit your agenda, but in your own source it explains what I just said.
DD9SKNe.png

Edited by Dreadarm