Ai-Zhú

Opinions on the Current 'Temporary' Matchmaking System

Matchmaking System  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which matchmaking/district system do you prefer?

• The current, temporary, non-threat based system
    • The threat-segregated system (from before)

Hi!

As already discussed on this thread...

... I wanted to make it more official and include a poll.

For those who have missed it, it's about the current matchmaking and district system, which has no threat segregation and which is meant to be a temporary solution until the work on the servers is finished and until we are getting our old system back.

I have given my opinion on that in the thread, but want to dig abit deeper with this post now.

Note that this is just my opinion and that you are free to argue below.

I, for my part, do like this non-threat district system. For the first time in my entire APB "career", I went out of sessions with a balanced ~50% win ratio. The matches were alot more enjoyable. Of course, there were matches where I stomped the enemy, and matches where I was stomped on, but for most of the time, they were balanced out - they were competitive and overall just fun.

There were times where I could carry, my punk yellow a** could lead my team to victory! I don't feel utterly useless or left out anymore.

I can finally achieve a decent amount of kills while dying an acceptable amount to that. I don't have to tryhard anymore to get my first kill after 8 deaths, 100 bursted veins and the loss of my will to live, just to be eligible for some APB$ and standing at the end of the match.

There aren't these pure stomping matchups anymore; these matchups feel more inclusive and rewarding. Even when a match was lost, I feel like I could atleast contribute something to the team so that it did not end up in a complete disaster. A loss hence doesn't cause as much frustration as before anymore, no. A loss feels deserved for once - "deserved" because it feels like I could have changed something about it, that it was within my capabilities, that it was not god-given by the matchmaking system and that I was not destined to get clapped by these R255 I am facing for the 10th time this evening without the ability to get even one assist on them.

A loss finally feels like a lesson learnt instead of a numb b*ttr*ping session.

Yes, as mentioned, it is not perfect, not at all! But if I had to choose the lesser evil, I'd personally pick this matchmaking system for further improvement instead of the threat-based one we had before. 

I have included a poll with just 2 options. I am well aware that both need improvements, but if you had to choose between these 2 systems right now, which one would you choose? Would you welcome them reverting back to the old system or not?

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 1

What threat and rank are you?

I dont like it at all to go up against these scrubs.
Its just not fun to stomp them. No satisfaction.
I noticed that I touch myself a lot more in my little cave since this change because I dont get what I want anymore.

Please help me.:(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Yes, as mentioned, it is not perfect, not at all! But if I had to choose the lesser evil, I'd personally pick this matchmaking system for further improvement instead of the threat-based one we had before. 

neither.

I want the phasing matchmaking and threat system that Little Orbit talked about before.

I refuse to coerce the people into something not as good as what is planned.

• Like 2

not a fan of this unsegregated gameplay

As someone that fluctuates between gold and silver, it seems to work out well for me. However, that looks to be the edge case, and it definitely needs to be corrected asap. 

• Thanks 1

I think it's GREAT, so "great" I went and spent over $100 on this new game called "This Land Is My Land" and the founder's edition, and even started playing Heros and Generals again, you know there's a soviet side now!?!?

For those who are dense and can't work out its sarcasm, I don't play anymore and would rather put my money into fun games.
I am high bronze to low silver at best, versing golds is annoying and frustrating.

Edit: and for those who go "well you're just one player, who cares" ask yourself, how many others have left because of the similar reasons

(posts this shit in the other thread too, as clearly people keep brining it up, and it hasn't gone back to normal)

Edited by Werefox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werefox said:

Edit: and for those who go "well you're just one player, who cares" ask yourself, how many others have left because of the similar reasons

What do u think how many players has left cuz the only populated district is full always...

Or how many left cuz they can't play with their segregated friends... 

You have to take a look at each side of the dice mate ✌

Well as a gold i can finally play with my bronze/silver friends and have a lot more fun in the game,something i couldnt do before.My suggestion is to put a district for newbies up to 100lvl(optional ofc) and after that throw em in the chaos with the rest of us.Imagine all the goldies who had to dethreat in order to even PLAY the game before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, Previous one until phasing in, getting 4 greenies against you is just stupid and makes new people to not want to play the game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aizzor said:

Well as a gold i can finally play with my bronze/silver friends and have a lot more fun in the game,something i couldnt do before.My suggestion is to put a district for newbies up to 100lvl(optional ofc) and after that throw em in the chaos with the rest of us.Imagine all the goldies who had to dethreat in order to even PLAY the game before.

Imagine using smurfs to wreck newbs.

Old one of course, the current mixed crap that's going on is absolutely god awful and unacceptable. The game was boring as it was before, now it's absolutely dreaful, every mission is against bronzes/silvers and you don't get any value for your time. We need this fixed ASAP. It's dreadful for the bad players, it's dreadful for the good players equally as much just in a different way. There is no plus or upside to the current way things are. On top of that, if you are playing more than 2-man groups, it takes AGES to get opp because silvers don't make up for 3 or 4 high/max golds. It's insane how bad it is.

Until we get phasing, this is the worst possible way of having it, for everyone.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 3

Double edged sword. On one side NA has one full District, the other is.....well.....matchmaking is all over the place.

You get paired up with people half your skill level or you get Bronzies as teamates and the enemy is a premade group.....

Still think there should be a tutorial district for up to R100 and Silver. After that you get booted off the training district and you have to fight with the rest of the players.

8 hours ago, Flaws said:

Old one of course, the current mixed crap that's going on is absolutely god awful and unacceptable. The game was boring as it was before, now it's absolutely dreaful, every mission is against bronzes/silvers and you don't get any value for your time. We need this fixed ASAP. It's dreadful for the bad players, it's dreadful for the good players equally as much just in a different way. There is no plus or upside to the current way things are. On top of that, if you are playing more than 2-man groups, it takes AGES to get opp because silvers don't make up for 3 or 4 high/max golds. It's insane how bad it is.

Until we get phasing, this is the worst possible way of having it, for everyone.

Thanks 

Myself and all my friends stopped playing weeks before segregation was lifted so unsure really. i do know i prefered to have no segregation before it was first added but then again the game had a healthy playerbase back then which is not the case now.

yeah i lost all hope.

The old one was of course better. Poor low ranked players. Bronzes getting matched against golds etc. An example: Got matched against 2 bronzes. Of course they had absolutely no chance.

I shadowplayed it just to display the well known fact of how hard the game is as a new player.

Edited by SilverCrow

It killed ram raiding that's for sure, 2 mission districts? pfft. Good luck.

No point on gettin back the old matchmaking.New players get farmed on bronze dist from more experienced players anyway

Right now one thing must be done urgently.Districts for only new players/new accounts(T dist)Must be invisible for rest of players so they stop making new accounts just for farmin noobs.LO must not even mention when they add it.This districts gonna be only till player reach Rank 25.Thats the 1st 3 contacts(u max 1st auto when enter mission dist and the other two are with 10 ranks each one in finan and the other one is in waterf)Thats how new players will learn the game and not leave immediately cause gettin destroyed right away

Another thing for right now-remove completely the visible threat just leave the Rank and make it blue for enf and red for crims.No point of this gold,silver etc.Players only gonna stop playn when see whats goin on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ay there!

Some of us have been saying this for years and years..

Everything looks more organic when there is not a Bronze, Silver or Gold District to join to.

You just get into whatever District you like and MatchMaking will try and "couple you" with or against players on nearly your same skill gap.

Just look at the numbers..

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

It killed ram raiding that's for sure, 2 mission districts? pfft. Good luck.

Oh would you look at that. A crime that is supposed to be risky is a risky thing again.

Do you think that it was ever supposed to be a safe money making method to be done on dead districts with like 3 people at 4am in the morning on weekdays?

Edited by Ai-Zhú

On 12/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, cheater said:

No, Previous one until phasing in, getting 4 greenies against you is just stupid and makes new people to not want to play the game.

This is a problem with low population, not really the lack of threat districts. Most good players stopped playing this game because... well I don't think I have to explain that, and what is left are mostly average and below average casual players who probably don't play at even 60fps.

If population was bigger there would be much more variety of players in both teams and you would meet good players more often. And there could be some matchmaking mechanics introduced so people don't get bored of winning all the time, e. g. making teams who are on win streaks vs each other.

And if someone doesn't want to get "random noobs" on their team. Well, that's what groups are for.

Edited by Uke

4 hours ago, JungleFlaco said:

Ay there!

Some of us have been saying this for years and years..

Everything looks more organic when there is not a Bronze, Silver or Gold District to join to.

You just get into whatever District you like and MatchMaking will try and "couple you" with or against players on nearly your same skill gap.

Just look at the numbers..

thats the issue tho, its not "trying" its just placing someone agenst you and you get fucked in the patootie with no lube

7 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

The old one was of course better. Poor low ranked players. Bronzes getting matched against golds etc. An example: Got matched against 2 bronzes. Of course they had absolutely no chance.

I shadowplayed it just to display the well known fact of how hard the game is as a new player.

Way to just shit all over those noobs. 

Do you also punch babies?

Also why is your game so fucking green?

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1