MattScott

Showstopper test changes accidentally pushed Live

Hi all,

Unfortunately it looks like a data entry error accidentally pushed the prototype changes for the Showstopper into Live districts.

We've already had enough downtime this week, and this change requires a new build.

We'll patch this back to prototype districts during our regular maintenance next week.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

what a shocker

No wonder I wasn't able to kill someone at 10 meters with 6 shells when it usually takes 3 or 4.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickolai said:

No wonder I wasn't able to kill someone at 10 meters with 6 shells when it usually takes 3 or 4.....

I even shot a video, couldn't figure it out. Maybe it's because of latency. 5-6 shots from 5 meters and the enemy was killing me. It's a shitty option. RIP showstopper

• Like 5

That what happen when you don't check things before going to turn on servers again, nice.

Congrats for the 3rd time, or more, i don't even remember.

Nearly every single one of the weapons I have purchased has been nerfed,

Meanwhile, many of the other weapons I have purchased are completely useless from the get go and NO ONE uses them

I don't recall any other game I have played taking my money then changing my purchase after the fact

Flame on 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Meanwhile, many of the other weapons I have purchased are completely useless from the get go and NO ONE uses them

I don't recall any other game I have played taking my money then changing my purchase after the fact

Flame on 

warframe WoW pretty much all did at one time or another

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

warframe WoW pretty much all did at one time or another

But in warframe you not need to pay money that you can get guns or anything^^

1 hour ago, Xantia said:

But in warframe you not need to pay money that you can get guns or anything^^

but was it always that way? regardless the game owner has the right to make changes. its in the agreement.

no wonder i couldnt kill players with this gun... wow what a huge nerf and slap in the face for people who bought this gun lol.

That's why my thunder feels so shit. RIP shotguns then. Nice job LO 👌🏻

2 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

no wonder i couldnt kill players with this gun... wow what a huge nerf and slap in the face for people who bought this gun lol.

i fail to see the big deal, it’s just an initial testing change

yeah it sucks that it got pushed to live for a few days but it’s not permanent for live or test districts 

13 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Flame on 

"Nearly every single one of the weapons..."

"Meanwhile, many of the other weapons..."

No need to flame when you own yourself already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

"Nearly every single one of the weapons..."

"Meanwhile, many of the other weapons..."

No need to flame when you own yourself already.

What is your point?

i am a paying player who has had nearly every weapon that they have purchased negatively impacted via nerfs, or they came nerfed out of the box. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farbon Ciber said:

What is your point?

i am a paying player who has had nearly every weapon that they have purchased negatively impacted via nerfs, or they came nerfed out of the box. 

at best these are two separate issues tho, why are you mashing them together?

for weapons that “came nerfed out of the box” you don’t really have an argument to stand on, if you purchased them knowing they were bad (and we’ve had a trial system for years) then that’s all on you tbh

for weapons that are changed after you’ve purchased them, i don’t see the issue - can you name a game that does not balance paid content and the playerbase is happy about it?

if you want examples of games that rebalance paid content, i’m pretty sure almost every moba tweaks characters each season

if you want strictly shooter examples, i know rainbow six siege has had several massive overhauls and countless minor balance changes, i’m also fairly sure warframe offers paid content that undergoes balance changes as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farbon Ciber said:

What is your point?

My point is both statements cancel each other out so you just exaggerate trying to favor your point but fail to realize that it just makes your whole post an unsubstantial pile of crap.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

My point is both statements cancel each other out so you just exaggerate trying to favor your point but fail to realize that it just makes your whole post an unsubstantial pile of crap.

Point taken, my phrasing could have been better. Let me try again. Many of the weapons I bought and play have been changed. Many others that I bought were already not very good so I don’t play them. I realize everyone has different presences so they may have a different experience but for me it has been negative. Does that make better sense?

• Thanks 1

I bought the gun last night, went into a mission and shot a person 6 times and only did 80% damage.  I was like... wow, I really suck (which I do) but at least this makes me feel better about my aim 🙂

• Like 2

The problem was that the change to the damage was pushed to live but the change to the scaling damage per projectile is still there so its actually much weaker in non-prototype districts than it is in the test districts. It will be fixed in the next build to go live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Any chances we could return the gun till the changes goes live? I doubt is possible but is kinda disappointing and a bit scary to have a gun that its functionality is being modified while some people was convinced that it could be a good choice as it was before.

Edit for dummies:

So the weapon is still under development or is at least about to get nerfed/modified? If so then it is, one more time, the same frustrating experience of acquiring a gun because you like how it works to then get it buried in your locker since you don't like it anymore because it works different from what you expected. I'm afraid of getting any guns because I never know what's going to happen later tbh.

Edited by Salvick

14 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Point taken, my phrasing could have been better. Let me try again. Many of the weapons I bought and play have been changed. Many others that I bought were already not very good so I don’t play them. I realize everyone has different presences so they may have a different experience but for me it has been negative. Does that make better sense?

Indeed, it does.

I can only tell you that it should also be in your best interest when weapons are being balanced. Purchase weapons that you enjoy playing and not because they are the broken favor of the month.

Trouble Maker and a few others were broken at release and I do not support that so those are pretty much the only weapons I never bought hence I dodged all those hard nerfs.

Doesn't mean I didn't have guns that I like nerfed but I could always see that it was reasonable and for the "greater good". Except the Anubis nerf of course that made me go apeshit crazy.

But that was also supposed to be a buff according to G1 so I'm not sure that counts.

You play long enough just see it as a natural flow. Sometimes your favorites will be nerfed, sometimes they will be buffed. The meta flows and keeps the game fresh. It's a good thing.

Unless of course you were a Trouble Maker abuser then you deserve every nerf tenfold. 😏

4 hours ago, Salvick said:

Any chances we could return the gun till the changes goes live? I doubt is possible but is kinda disappointing and a bit scary to have a gun that its functionality is being modified while some people was convinced that it could be a good choice as it was before.

Try actually reading the post.

8 hours ago, Salvick said:

a bit scary

??????????