Sign in to follow this  
Bawes

Future of the game

Is there a future for this game?

It all comes down to this question really, we have been promissed so much stuff and nothing seems to be happening..
To name some of the main features:
- Engine upgrade
- Weapon rebalance
- Stable servers
- New districts (this was said by old owners, so if this is not longer happening fair enough)

- Better anti-cheat
- New contacts

Most can be found here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update
This was posted in July 23, 2019.
Nearly 5 months ago and nothing has happend i would like some answers from the developers as the last proper statement was given around this time aswell.
Im trying to not make this a rant as i love APB and ive been playing on and off for years.
But seeing in still in the state the old owners left it in pretty much its sad..
You guys started off great alot of interaction with the community and updates but where are they now?
This game used to be so populated but now it seems like it wont have much life left
So did you guys give up on the game or we can expect changes soon? 

• Like 2

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

First off, this thread will answer one of your questions:

-Weapon Rebalance: A couple of rebalances have already happened since LO took over and are still ongoing.  That's what the Weapon Prototype districts are for, gathering data.

-Server stability:  They are in the process of a big server move right now.

-New Districts:  G1 didn't say they were working on new districts, but LO said that they were going to at some point way back when the first took over.

-Better Anti-Cheat:  As far as I can tell EAC is working pretty well.  I very rarely see people who seem sketchy anymore.

-They've also talked about the new contacts and how they are coming with the engine upgrade.

The game as a whole (besides population) I feel is in a much better state than when G1 was in charge.  We've gotten a new trading system which pretty much nearly eliminated scamming unless you're really stupid.  We have actual DDoS protection now so attacks don't even affect the gameplay anymore.  Remember towards the end of G1?  Daily DDoS attacks made the game pretty much unplayable during prime time.  No more FairFight.  Just to name a few things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

Engine upgrade

in process, there's a thread updated weekly linked above

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

Weapon rebalance

we're right in the middle of rebalancing, if you want to contribute there's districts available ingame where the potential new balance changes can be tested by players

currently shotguns and the ntec are being rebalanced

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

Stable servers

orbit just changed network providers and a server change, going forward we'll have regional servers in order to help with latency

aside from issues getting everything running the servers seem to run fine, at least for me

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

New districts

this requires the engine update, and even then there's so many other things that need to be fixed before we add major content like this 

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

Better anti-cheat

haven't seen any cheaters in a while with EAC, but na also has pretty low pop

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

New contacts

new contacts are coming with the engine upgrade, in order to give returning (and current) players some content to tide them over while orbit goes all in on fixes

1 hour ago, Bawes said:

This was posted in July 23, 2019.
Nearly 5 months ago and nothing has happend i would like some answers from the developers as the last proper statement was given around this time aswell.
Im trying to not make this a rant as i love APB and ive been playing on and off for years.
But seeing in still in the state the old owners left it in pretty much its sad..
You guys started off great alot of interaction with the community and updates but where are they now?
This game used to be so populated but now it seems like it wont have much life left
So did you guys give up on the game or we can expect changes soon? 

half of your complaints could have been answered if you'd just glanced at the pinned threads in the very forum you've posted your own in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

in process, there's a thread updated weekly linked above

we're right in the middle of rebalancing, if you want to contribute there's districts available ingame where the potential new balance changes can be tested by players

currently shotguns and the ntec are being rebalanced

orbit just changed network providers and a server change, going forward we'll have regional servers in order to help with latency

aside from issues getting everything running the servers seem to run fine, at least for me

this requires the engine update, and even then there's so many other things that need to be fixed before we add major content like this 

haven't seen any cheaters in a while with EAC, but na also has pretty low pop

new contacts are coming with the engine upgrade, in order to give returning (and current) players some content to tide them over while orbit goes all in on fixes

half of your complaints could have been answered if you'd just glanced at the pinned threads in the very forum you've posted your own in

Been awhile since i used the forums and got most of the info from friends sorry for my ignorance.  Thanks for the info 🙂

Sign in to follow this